Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

dont take this the wrong way!

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm

right rudy gestede is a new player who looks like hes got potential dont get me wrong, but it baffles me why everyone is head over heels on this player, only young yes but hes scoring record is not good, and people saying hes the better player than bothroyd! baffles me. bothroyd was a proven scorer in this divison and off a few games everyone saying gestede is amazing, look at jason byrne and steve maclean, warren feeney etc! had good scoring records turned out shit. give gestede this season then judge if hes such amazing player as everyone is thinking now. dont get me wrong hes looking decent but thats it.

Re: dont take this the wrong way!

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Yes but hes got his own song now :ayatollah: so hes bound to bang a shit load in

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:56 pm

citybluechris wrote:right rudy gestede is a new player who looks like hes got potential dont get me wrong, but it baffles me why everyone is head over heels on this player, only young yes but hes scoring record is not good, and people saying hes the better player than bothroyd! baffles me. bothroyd was a proven scorer in this divison and off a few games everyone saying gestede is amazing, look at jason byrne and steve maclean, warren feeney etc! had good scoring records turned out shit. give gestede this season then judge if hes such amazing player as everyone is thinking now. dont get me wrong hes looking decent but thats it.

Of course it is all speculation and hype - but he is now a Cardiff City player - training with a very good squad and with bags of potential. He has shown a bit of skill and loads of energy and commitment - and he made Miller's goal against West Ham!! I loved the way he chased and dumped their left back on his arse - and then had the composure to set up Kenny. Why shouldn't we enjoy that? :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 pm

He doesn't have a good scoring record does he?

Also you are quite right he is NOT close to Jay Bothroyd, but he is good potential and good business on a free.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 am

I think people are getting carried away with him but this is only normal.

Basically he change the game at WHU when he came on. There are 2 contributions he made that I can recall. One was a diving header in the penalty area that went straight to the keeper. A bit more of a connection and it could have flew in the net. The other contribution was his part in the goal and it is that bit that everyone thinks about.

i spoke to a few of us at WHU after the game, guys who analysis our players deeply like, who are usually right with their predictions and all of them are saying he will prove a gem this season. Being the harsh and negative person I can be I'm sitting back on this one as I know it can go the other way, seen it many times before, but so far it is looking good.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:19 am

I'm not saying to enjoy him at all, I'm saying judge him after the season not a few games loads of players played good games and had little spells then turned out to be a waste of space. Not sayin that will happen to gestede but it happens in football in general.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I think people are getting carried away with him but this is only normal.

Basically he change the game at WHU when he came on. There are 2 contributions he made that I can recall. One was a diving header in the penalty area that went straight to the keeper. A bit more of a connection and it could have flew in the net. The other contribution was his part in the goal and it is that bit that everyone thinks about.

i spoke to a few of us at WHU after the game, guys who analysis our players deeply like, who are usually right with their predictions and all of them are saying he will prove a gem this season. Being the harsh and negative person I can be I'm sitting back on this one as I know it can go the other way, seen it many times before, but so far it is looking good.

Gestede didn't head the ball straight at Green! He headed one effort a couple of yards past the post, before he headed one downwards, which Green did well to get down to!

IMO, it's too early to judge him and whilst it's easy to try and compare him with Bothroyd, I doubt that Gestede will ever have the class of Bothroyd on the ground, when he managed to stay on his feet! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 am

Bothroyd may of been on the ground a lot but he still is a class player who did everything for city, I for one won't bash a player who did amazing for city

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 am

citybluechris wrote:Bothroyd may of been on the ground a lot but he still is a class player who did everything for city, I for one won't bash a player who did amazing for city

When Jay Bothroyd left his attitude on the car park he was fantatstic. I have no doubt in my mind that beneath the lazy egotistical front that we saw is a very talented footballer who could have been so much better if he had more self discipline.

I cannot forgive his laziness and the way he fell over at every little thing. For me Bothroyd is a cnut and I hope QPR see him for what he is and he rots in the reserves :D

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:11 am

That's your opinion and I respect it but I for one hopes he shine for qpr after what he's done for us. Him and jones chopra etc done a lot for this club and I will not abuse them what so ever

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Gestede is our new enigma wrapped in a conundrum.
He will be hot and cold.

as fans we will be up and down like a milkmans handbrake!!

"Rudy/Leo/Rudy/Leo"

Dont you just love it - we're cardiff, we're barmy, we're off our fuckin heads!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:41 pm

citybluechris wrote:That's your opinion and I respect it but I for one hopes he shine for qpr after what he's done for us. Him and jones chopra etc done a lot for this club and I will not abuse them what so ever

Same here. Although that kind of attitude is frowned on upone this board.

Your meant to hate Dave Jones and Jay Bothroyd to fit in the clique areound here :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:02 pm

polo wrote:
citybluechris wrote:That's your opinion and I respect it but I for one hopes he shine for qpr after what he's done for us. Him and jones chopra etc done a lot for this club and I will not abuse them what so ever

Same here. Although that kind of attitude is frowned on upone this board.

Your meant to hate Dave Jones and Jay Bothroyd to fit in the clique areound here :roll:

I certainly dont hate Bothroyd but feel whilst at Cardiff he failed due to his bad attitude - for that I don't respect him and would never applaud him if he came here playing for another club. :D

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Jay didn't exactly set the world on fire when he first came here either and I remember a lot of negative comments when he signed.This kid could be anything.Ronnie More came here after scoring a zillion goals in lower leagues but couldn't do it in the old second division,nevertheless his contribution was huge and was regarded as a hero.Its far too early to make any judgements :ayatollah: yet but his application will take him a long way if last sunday was anything to go by.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:56 pm

The hard truth is a player is only as good as his last game. At the moment Rudy Gestede is the Bees Knees because he set up Miller for the winner at WHU on Sunday.

He is bound to play shit at sometime and will get slaughtered for it only to be hero worshipped when he plays brilliant again. We are football fans it's what we do and to be blunt there is no way anyone is going to wait until May to pass judgement on any player/chairman/coach

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:17 pm

I remember Jays scoring record being average before we took him
we need to make players feel like hero's everygame in order to boost their confidence

eddie johnson would never have scored if it wasnt for his cult status :lol: :lol:

for 'doin one' on Llunga and squaring the ball to miller, I'll never forget that goal and his contribution

good start in my eyes but i see where your coming from :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Out of interest, how did Rudy play at Oxford? I didn't go, the rioting and ticket prices, plus having work at 8 this morning put me off, but for those who did go to Oxford, how did Rudy play?

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:59 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Yes but hes got his own song now :ayatollah: so hes bound to bang a shit load in

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Out of interest, how did Rudy play at Oxford? I didn't go, the rioting and ticket prices, plus having work at 8 this morning put me off, but for those who did go to Oxford, how did Rudy play?

To be honest he did very little of note. In fact i cannot recall anything good or bad that he did. I'm sure had last night been his debut he would have been slagged off big style.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Out of interest, how did Rudy play at Oxford? I didn't go, the rioting and ticket prices, plus having work at 8 this morning put me off, but for those who did go to Oxford, how did Rudy play?

To be honest he did very little of note. In fact i cannot recall anything good or bad that he did. I'm sure had last night been his debut he would have been slagged off big style.

Was the fact he did little down to a lack of service, or was he genuinely poor? Was the work rate there? Suppose it didn't help having Parkin alongside him?

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Was the fact he did little down to a lack of service, or was he genuinely poor? Was the work rate there? Suppose it didn't help having Parkin alongside him?

He was on pitch for 50 minutes-cant really fault workrate. Parkin was the target man last night so he was feeding off him. I think RG is better as the main target with a poacher like Earnie or Miller playing off him.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

He was on pitch for 50 minutes-cant really fault workrate. Parkin was the target man last night so he was feeding off him. I think RG is better as the main target with a poacher like Earnie or Miller playing off him.

Cheers Gareth, I agree that I see him as more of a target man. He got in the box to have 2 headers on goal in his short time on the pitch at West Ham, that's probably 2 more times than Bothroyd managed to get in the box for a cross all last season!