Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

At the End of the Match Last Night

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:40 am

The whole squad and management came over to applaud the 800 or so fans. The fans responded well and gave the team a deserved ovation. It was really nice to be appreciated and helped make the journey home even sweeter.

Under DJ at away games you would get the odd player coming over to acknowledge the support-not good enough when people have parted with hard earned cash to support the club.

Re: At the End of the Match Last Night

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 am

Elvis is dead. Get over it. :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:47 am

polo wrote:Elvis is dead. Get over it. :roll:

I am merely making the point that it was nice that our support was appreciated by players and management.

ps i thought Elvis was alive.......

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I am merely making the point that it was nice that our support was appreciated by players and management.

ps i thought Elvis was alive.......

That bit was fine, until you then went on to slag Dave Jones off. Whats the point? Hes gone. Get over it.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:50 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:The whole squad and management came over to applaud the 800 or so fans. The fans responded well and gave the team a deserved ovation. It was really nice to be appreciated and helped make the journey home even sweeter.

Under DJ at away games you would get the odd player coming over to acknowledge the support-not good enough when people have parted with hard earned cash to support the club.

Great to hear mate...brilliant support last night and its good to hear management and the players appreciate it. What a difference under Malky, putting some of lost pride and unity back in the team, club and the stands :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:52 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:The whole squad and management came over to applaud the 800 or so fans. The fans responded well and gave the team a deserved ovation. It was really nice to be appreciated and helped make the journey home even sweeter.

That was the question i put to Hudson at Rhydefelin the percieved lack of connection between players & fans and the fact that many times last season many of the players failed to acknowledge our away support. To Hudsons credit he apologised on behalf of the players for last season and promised there would be no repeat this Season and this point was reinforced by Malky who stressed the importance of our support both home and away.

So far they have been good to their word and i am sure this will continue throughout the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am

Theres always one

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 am

JonnieBlue wrote:

Theres always one

We are still paying him so bollocks to it, if you wont to slag him off.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:00 am

JonScam wrote:

Great to hear mate...brilliant support last night and its good to hear management and the players appreciate it. What a difference under Malky, putting some of lost pride and unity back in the team, club and the stands :ayatollah:

Pride and unity are the words. Much as i hate the jacks they have a great relationship between players and fans and it is things like that that can help a promotion push. I'm sure one of the reasons for lack of atmosphere at home games has been the poor relationship between players/management and fans. When Sam Hammam was at the club he installed a passion which was lost under the Riddler/DJ. If the players can identify with the fans (and vice versa) then that will lead to better support. Hopefully the next few games will prove me right.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:20 am

JonnieBlue wrote:

Theres always one

Dave Jones's love child still posts on here, unfortunately. :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:28 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
JonScam wrote:

Pride and unity are the words. Much as i hate the jacks they have a great relationship between players and fans and it is things like that that can help a promotion push. I'm sure one of the reasons for lack of atmosphere at home games has been the poor relationship between players/management and fans. When Sam Hammam was at the club he installed a passion which was lost under the Riddler/DJ. If the players can identify with the fans (and vice versa) then that will lead to better support. Hopefully the next few games will prove me right.

This is going to become more evident as the season goes along.

I always recall the Barnsley game when after getting what looked like a late winner we blew it in the last minute. After the game there were stories going around that DJ had the players stay behind to ask them what their problem was. The replies came back that they were worried about failing to be promoted. So if that was the case sonething was getting to them and I would say the relationship with the fans could quite easily been a factor there.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:31 am

buckleys brewery wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:

Theres always one

Pardon me for not towing the party line :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 am

polo wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:

Theres always one

Pardon me for not toe-ing the party line :roll:

Party line, there is always one. :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 am

I don't see anything wrong speaking about ex managers of Cardiff City FC on a Cardiff City FC forum?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:46 am

I loved that day when lennie took us up :D

Polo, do I have permission to say this as. lennies gone so shall I get over it?

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:48 am

eighty_8 wrote:I loved that day when lennie took us up :D

What about Alan Durban or Kenny Hibbitt?

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:56 am

Permission granted.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

What about Alan Durban or Kenny Hibbitt?
:ayatollah:

Durban before my time :lol:

And kenny wasnt no eddie may

But hey, im over it.

Its good to see malky amd the boys give support to us after games and your right about dj sides. I was a DJ fan tbh but this was one of his downsides for me

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 am

eighty_8 wrote:. I was a DJ fan

50 lashes and a 6 month ban for you

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 pm

Did Elvis manage Cardiff once ??

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:18 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Did Elvis manage Cardiff once ??

I'm sure i've seen him at an away game but maybe i just have a suspicious mind.......

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
JonnieBlue wrote:

Theres always one

We are still paying him so bollocks to it, if you wont to slag him off.

Ok... if you insist....

IN KID GALAHAD, HIS ACTING WAS MORE WOODEN THAN A TABLE FROM IKEA