Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales v aussies...time please

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 am

If I am honest I can see what we were trying to achieve but the Aussies did well to stop us progressing with our passing game,I think people can be hypocrites,they want the ball played on the floor but that takes time to perfect and any organised team will stop opponents who haven't quite perfected it, yet the moment we start pumping the long ball people complain,there is no pleasing some people.Gary speed has inherited a team battered by Toshack and this is the first time we have managed to get them all on the pitch together in years so I say well done to Speed for that.Just like Malky it is early days and if he can continue to have all the players at his disposal then he will progress.I am sure the attendance at the game didn't help to spur the home team on and I blame the FA for allowing the league cup to be played on international week.We didn't get a result but at least they were there.

Re: Wales v aussies...time please

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:55 am

Long ball for big guys like Morison or Vokes yes but not for Earnie or Bellers ..... Bale I think was the only guy who won any headers upfront last nite in the 1st half !