Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Huddersfield at home experiment or go for it

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:40 pm

The young uns did well to get us into the next round so all the bollocks of the F.A fining teams for playing a weakened side has surely been put to bed considering! it was their incompetence that allowed the competition to be played the same week as internationals

If there were no internationals and we put that side out would we have been fined?

My opinion is all players that are registered are good enough to play first team football in the eyes of the F.A otherwise they would reject their reg.The manager should be able to call on any one of those players without worry.

what do you think we should do against huddersfield

Let the squad players have a go or full strength?

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9572195
nearly 3000 plays Thanks to you.Cheers

Re: Huddersfield at home experiment or go for it

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 pm

Personally i would play a fairly strong team but what ever team Malky decides i'll support that. :) :ayatollah:

MALKYS BLUE ARMY! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:45 pm

We would need a stronger team than that at oxford to progress IMO

If say mix and match.... When is the game?

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We would need a stronger team than that at oxford to progress IMO

19th sept

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:44 am

The league punishing teams in this competition for fielding weakened teams is nonsense. Man U and Arsenal have both done well and progressed to later rounds on the back of their 2nd string sides.

We can select whoever we want wihout any fear of reprisals.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:23 am

if we play

heaton

quin
gerrard
keinan
naylor

cowie
mcphail
farah (give him game time to improve)
conway

mason
gestede

i could see us winning 1 or 2 nil :) no reason why they couldnt, mix of bench players and first team players :)

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:29 am

dazzyt wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:We would need a stronger team than that at oxford to progress IMO

19th sept

The 2nd round games are to be played w/c Monday 22nd August.

I guess ours v. Huddersfield will be on Tues. 23rd or Wed. 24th. We play Burnley away on Sat. 20th and Portsmouth away on Sat. 27th.
With these two difficult away games either side of the League Cup match I would go with a mixture something like this to start:

Heaton
Quinn
Gyepes
Keinan
Naylor
Cowie
Kiss (if fit) otherwise Conway or Whitts *
Gunnarsson
Mason
Earnie
Parkin

Subs: Marshall, Blake, Farah, Jarvis, McPhail (hopefully OK by then), * Conway/Whitts/Kiss, Miller.

Leaving McNaughton, Gerrard, Taylor, Hudson, Gestede (and Marshall, Conway, Whitts and Miller if they are not needed in the match) fresh for Portsmouth. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 am

I think we should play a strong team against them as the league cup is a good chance for us to so something!! Huddersfield are a very strong side too so we would need our best team out if we are wanting to pregress!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I love the League Cup always have done and I hope we play a strong side.

I don't like harping back but under Ridsdale/Jones we were so skint we had to take the LC seriously because we needed the money from drawing a big gun.

I loved the trip to Anfield in 07 and apparently the club made around £500k from the competition that year. So the way I look at it, half a million is half a million, might even buy/fund a player come January.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

the fa have dropped the "weakend team" rule. you can know field anyone you want

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Huddersfield a good side and will fancy an upset. Think we should play a strong side, play some fringe players but not academy players this time. No harm in a little cup run, could bring in some income with a nice draw to fund wages for an extra player in jan

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Yep agreed go for it why not we can go all the way we done it before why cant we do it again ? :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:42 pm

good draw, great set of fans at huddersfield aswell

mix n match for me, a few older heads mixed with youth...

will be a stern test, i reckon they should drop the prices dramatically as i dont see ius getting anywhere near the 25000 we will get for league games :ayatollah: