Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City's Cat Like Qualities

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 am

Since the millenium, and for a year or two prior the over arching viewpoint on our great club has to be that the glass has always been half full.

We've witnessed promotions from The Football Leagues bottom tier to the Championship, several managers in the process, the brink of financial ruin, and more recently touching distance of the dream promotion to the Prem.

Digging down to the detail in all these scenarios can polarise emmotion, ranging from sheer joy and happiness, to utter dispair. The Play off semi final defeat to Stoke, the Riddlers management of finances, the Langstone debt, Play off final disappoint, defeat to Sheff Wed on last day of the season, all aspects we'd rather forget about.

However, in contrast our recent success stories, and ability to 'cat like' fall on our feet subsequent to each percieved scenario of destruction either on or off the pitch must our nearest and dearest rivals up the wall. On countless occasions in the last 10 years or so we've fooled the likes of Swansea into thinking we're doomed, allowing them to celebrate in that glory only to bounce back immediately and actually improve matters completely.

In the midst of strong rumours etc of potential financial disaster the Riddler delivered IMO one of the nicest stadiums of its size in the country. Then, following on the same theme, as we're seemingly up to our eyeballs in debt the Riddler secures investment from the Malaysians which as a consequence has had a profound effect on our stability, debt management, and future as a whole.

On the pitch we recovered from the huge disappoint of losing out to Stoke at Ninian in the Play offs, to gain promotion in the following seasons to the Championship via a great day at the Millenuim Stadium. We then lost Lennie but gained a manager with a big reputation for us at the time in Dave Jones. Following our capitulation from being top at Christmas and sliding down to mid table, DJ in the following season guided us to an FA Cup final. Following that journey we missed out on the play offs in a final day defeat to Sheff Wed, then subsequent to that gut wrenching disappoint followed another by losing in the Play off final. However, still no hangover, in the next summer DJ assembled a squad many believed to be worthy of automatic promotion. Those feelings again turned to disappointment when we missed out to Reading last season in the Play offs.

But now the ultimate and most significant bounce back is well and truly underway. The Jacks etc could be forgiven for gloating at our position when we lost the Championships longest serving manager, the deliverer of most of our recent success stories, in addition to losing no fewer than 12 players, ripping the heart; spine and everything else out of the team. However 'cat like' Cardiff have now truly landed on their feet by appointing one of the brightest & talented young managers in the country to oversee this seasons promotion push, having already conducted a pretty impressive recruitment process over the summer.

As such I'm going to issue my apologies now to the Jack & Worzuls etc as unfortunately for them the loss of DJ and the players etc will not result in the Mighty Bluebirds sliding down the ranks anytime soon. In fact, Malky is going to deliver the dream the season in the ultimate bounce back...the writing is most certainly on the wall :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City's Cat Like Qualities

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:51 am

Nice post,although some on here havn't got the attention span to read it all. :lol:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:31 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Nice post,although some on here havn't got the attention span to read it all. :lol:

Haha...not sure if I have butt! :lol:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 am

the Riddler secures investment from the Malaysians

i stopped reading here, then realised if the rest is as deluded as that then i cant be arsed! The riddler almost fucked up with the malaysians and the fact Steve Borley had to fly to malaysia to try and talk them round kinda proves that. Riddler trying to impress TG/VT and doesnt tell them about our HMRC debt.......

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 am

CraigCCFC wrote:

i stopped reading here, then realised if the rest is as deluded as that then i cant be arsed! The riddler almost fucked up with the malaysians and the fact Steve Borley had to fly to malaysia to try and talk them round kinda proves that. Riddler trying to impress TG/VT and doesnt tell them about our HMRC debt.......

Booooooooosh! Sorry if I offended you butt... :D

You're of course right, I shouldve clarified that...although the Riddler did secure the initial engagement with them, Borley etc had to finalise it.

Hope that didnt compromise the enjoyment of the remainder of the post for you my friend :D

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:44 am

JonScam wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

You're of course right, I shouldve clarified that...although the Riddler did secure the initial engagement with them, Borley etc had to finalise it.

Hope that didnt compromise the enjoyment of the remainder of the post for you my friend :D

i shall now read it in its entirety :D :D

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
JonScam wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

i shall now read it in its entirety :D :D

Haha

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am

CraigCCFC wrote:

I stopped reading at that point too :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Nice Post Fella The Truth Is Spoken :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Funny after all the disappointments over the past 11 years, it's the Stoke PO defeat which is still seems to be the biggest of them all.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:33 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Nice Post Fella The Truth Is Spoken :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Funny after all the disappointments over the past 11 years, it's the Stoke PO defeat which is still seems to be the biggest of them all.

I know mate...proper hurtful that one was

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

So out of our 9 lives, how many have we got left ;)

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:So out of our 9 lives, how many have we got left ;)

Haha...judging by everything we've mentioned in this thread - not a lot! :D