Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This is how to say thank you to fans

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZmky7b14k

1st league game of the season,

Malky is a legend FACT, if he did somthing like this with the players i think the stadium would be rocking

Re: This is how to say thank you to fans

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:28 am

Will he be a legend at xmas if we are in bottom half of table?? no! but at least he thanked the fans eh!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 am

well he has so much passion, so i think no matter what as long as we dont get relegated this season then happy days, top 6 would be great though

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 am

ozzy31 wrote:well he has so much passion, so i think no matter what as long as we dont get relegated this season then happy days, top 6 would be great though

so you'd be happy not to get relegated because he has passion!! id much rather have a div like moans in charge and finish top 6!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:35 am

That stand and the support looked absolutely awesome!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
ozzy31 wrote:well he has so much passion, so i think no matter what as long as we dont get relegated this season then happy days, top 6 would be great though

so you'd be happy not to get relegated because he has passion!! id much rather have a div like moans in charge and finish top 6!

Totally agree - we will both get shot down though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:10 am

NIBluebird - You are right that passion isn't everything and at the end of the day it's results that count.

However, at the moment the results and the passion seem to be in harmony so happy days :lol: To turn your point around, given the choice I'd rather get promoted with a team and management that relate to the fans and give 100% than promotion with a team and manager that were doing it for their own ends.

I think what I'm trying to say is that there seems to be an attitude change within the club, stemming from the management, that is trying to engender a "we're all in this together" approach which I think is quite refreshing :ayatollah:

Having said all that, if the season turns into a mid-table slog then this change will mean nothing, results are the ultimate aim everything else is superfluous :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 am

I couldn't give a flying f*ck where we finish at the end of the season if the players showed passion and us fans create an atmosphere to be proud of.

I really don't like the Premiership, the money in football and everything that detracts from 11 vs 11 and 20k fans making a spectacle of the game.

Football has over the years, for me, become a chore with the subdued CCS atmosphere, players who don't give a f*ck and a manager whose passion towards the club and fans has rivalled that of a dead crow.

Need to get back to the days of creating an atmosphere the club was infamous for, like the video without the dodgy flags!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 am

We never got promoted or won a cup under Dave Moans FACT

Give Malky a chance at least he's getting fans on the team's side rather than be on their backs when a poor pass is made.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 am

This is quality! I think this was started by Lech Poznan originally? But i saw Man City do it in the FA Cup final when Toure scored (however usuall it is done with backs to the pitch). Must say it doesn't half get the place rocking, but in order for this to succeed I think we need a bigger stadium (or if not then better participation from ALL areas of the ground). :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:04 pm

that stand with all the flags looks awesome with the atmosphere, the canton would look rocking full up with our flags.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:06 pm

that stand with all the flags looks awesome with the atmosphere, the canton would look rocking full up with our flags.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Wouldn't work the same seeing as half the ground fucks off with 10 minutes to go!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm

yep thats a fair comment, but something has to be tried to get the atmosphere going to keep fans till the end of the match.