Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ambassador on the season tickets?

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 am

Does anyone have 'ambassador' on their season ticket card? I haven't, but I bought mine before the deadline ages ago? I was under the impression they were still doing the ambassador scheme, but not sure now?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Ambassador on the season tickets?

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

Ben_CCFC wrote:Does anyone have 'ambassador' on their season ticket card? I haven't, but I bought mine before the deadline ages ago? I was under the impression they were still doing the ambassador scheme, but not sure now?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No they have replaced the word "Ambassador" with "Season Ticket Holder". Shit I know. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:57 am

Cheers for that mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:58 am

The last 3 years i was Platinum Ambassador but Mr Ridsdale screwed us all :twisted:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 pm

ROYALLY SCREWED :evil:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:28 pm

i phoned the ticket office, we are still classed as platinum amassodors on the system but they decided not 2 print it on the cards

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm

why change for fuc. sake ,i was proud to say i was a platinum ambassador , and had a card to prove it ,typical of our admin dept to make changes with out telling us , seems like another scam heading our way (maybe our price freeze about to be taken away) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:12 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:why change for fuc. sake ,i was proud to say i was a platinum ambassador , and had a card to prove it ,typical of our admin dept to make changes with out telling us , seems like another scam heading our way (maybe our price freeze about to be taken away) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

CORRECT :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:15 pm

You probably already know, but if you get any crap from the dweebs in the ticket office Email Julian@cardiffcityfc.co.uk.

Seems an ok bloke, unlike the burger flippers in the ticket office. :old:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm not a platinum ambassador. Last season I moved my seat back a few rows and when my new card came showing the new seat number....boom! I'm promoted to platinum ambassador! So much for the loyal few....

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Yea i was a platinum ambassador but my season ticket doesn't show it now but I never understood what a platinum ambassador was anyway it never did anything for me what the hell is it never really cared what it was may sound daft i no.

As long as I could watch the footy I never cared :) :)

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Ben_CCFC wrote:Does anyone have 'ambassador' on their season ticket card? I haven't, but I bought mine before the deadline ages ago? I was under the impression they were still doing the ambassador scheme, but not sure now?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The term 'Ambassador' was only ever any good when it was introduced by Sam Hammam and 'awarded' to those FEW supporters that stuck by this club in its darkest hour (far worse than the Ridsdale fiasco IMHO)

It worked a treat. Those supporters who 'backed the club' when they were both 'playing shite' and 'in the shite' were given a real status within Ninian Park and were rewarded with discounts and preferred away travel

That it was 'hi-jacked' by the later regime reduced it to a worthless (to fans) money-making scheme to get people on board season on season and to gain season ticket sales on the back of the FA Cup Final

Sorry, but that's my opionion....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:55 pm

A Platinum Ambassador was one who paid up the cost of the season ticket before a set date, to help put money into the Club early.
For this they were awarded with a price freeze on their season ticket for 5 years. We are now in our 2nd year. Lets hope the club keeps to its promise. I believe there are only approx 4-5000 Platinum ambassadors, the rest of the season ticket holders are just normal Ambassadors and season ticket holders.