Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

so do you honestly think we can get craig bellamy again?

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

i think we can i think we can do better for this season if he comes in because the team is more displined they work as a team and work harder adding craig into the team will see us doing well for this season :ayatollah:

Re: so do you honestly think we can get craig bellamy again?

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Personally think we will do better without him

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

HalbertCCFC wrote:Personally think we will do better without him

No chance would we! :old:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:49 pm

I think he will come back and I he will only improve us also. How could we say any different for a player like Bellamy in the Championship...he's class wherever he plays

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm

If we want top two he has to come back IMO and I think he will, it was always going to take time.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Can't see him making a positive impact on the side if he is played left midfield in a 4-4-2 again. Totally unbalanced the side at times last season and offered Naylor little if any protection. He came from Man City where he was playing on the left in a much more fluid 4-4-3. Thought he looked much better up front with Bothroyd at the end of last season when Chopra was out injured !

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Will deffo suit us better this year now we r keepin the ball on the floor and playin the clever thru balls

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Can't see him making a positive impact on the side if he is played left midfield in a 4-4-2 again. Totally unbalanced the side at times last season and offered Naylor little if any protection. He came from Man City where he was playing on the left in a much more fluid 4-4-3. Thought he looked much better up front with Bothroyd at the end of last season when Chopra was out injured !

I dont think MM is as rigid with formation as DJ. Could see him playing miller upfront alone with Conway and Bellers wide, Gunarrson Conway Witts in the middle.

Not really far off what he is going now really just with Bellers further wide than earnie

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Can't see him making a positive impact on the side if he is played left midfield in a 4-4-2 again. Totally unbalanced the side at times last season and offered Naylor little if any protection. He came from Man City where he was playing on the left in a much more fluid 4-4-3. Thought he looked much better up front with Bothroyd at the end of last season when Chopra was out injured !

I dont think MM is as rigid with formation as DJ. Could see him playing miller upfront alone with Conway and Bellers wide, Gunarrson Conway Witts in the middle.

Not really far off what he is going now really just with Bellers further wide than earnie

No you're right, Malky seems much more adaptable in terms of the system he plays.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If we want top two he has to come back IMO and I think he will, it was always going to take time.

Ummm...I'm confident in saying I THINK we can make top 2 with out him. No disrespect but I wanna do what the Arsenal are doing, setting foundations for the future. Besides I'm not expecting promotion straight off. Would love it though. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If we want top two he has to come back IMO and I think he will, it was always going to take time.

Ummm...I'm confident in saying I THINK we can make top 2 with out him. No disrespect but I wanna do what the Arsenal are doing, setting foundations for the future. Besides I'm not expecting promotion straight off. Would love it though. :ayatollah:

Arsenal are going backwards big time.
I think he has set teh foundations now with a decent squad which is a good age. A player like Bellers can only help

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Arsenal are going backwards big time.
I think he has set teh foundations now with a decent squad which is a good age. A player like Bellers can only help

Give them a season or two, Arsenal will be fighting for the title again.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm

They have been waiting for that for 6 years now, they wont win the league again under Wenger. I dont even think they will qualift for Champs league this year

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:They have been waiting for that for 6 years now, they wont win the league again under Wenger. I dont even think they will qualift for Champs league this year

Who've they got?

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:49 pm

I can't believe all the so-called 'pundits' predicting that Arsenal will finish in the top four this season. Totally ignoring Liverpool who, IMO, have a decent shout of the top 3 !

For me, it's:

1 United
2 City
3 Liverpool
4 Chelsea
5 Spurs
6 Arsenal

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Id swap Chelsea and Liverpool but otherwise agree

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I can't believe all the so-called 'pundits' predicting that Arsenal will finish in the top four this season. Totally ignoring Liverpool who, IMO, have a decent shout of the top 3 !

For me, it's:

1 United
2 City
3 Liverpool
4 Chelsea
5 Spurs
6 Arsenal

Didnt say I ignored the scousas. Infact I got a feeling they will be challenging for the title if they sign 1 or 2 more quality players.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:52 pm

HalbertCCFC wrote:Personally think we will do better without him

Explain please (preferably in a way that we can genuinely comprehend as 'reasonable')

Not sure if you're just 'stirring the debate to be fair ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Sven on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:They have been waiting for that for 6 years now, they wont win the league again under Wenger. I dont even think they will qualift for Champs league this year

Who've they got?

Udinesse of Italy :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:55 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Who've they got?

Udinesse of Italy :ayatollah:

Shit thats a tricky one. Dunno why Udinesse sold Sanchez, I thought Udinesse had plenty of money anyway.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:55 pm

I actually meant they wouldnt qualify this year through league positions (for next year CL).

Tough game against Udinese mind

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I actually meant they wouldnt qualify this year through league positions (for next year CL).

Tough game against Udinese mind

Ah ok, I personally think they'll finish 4th again and have a decent run in the FA Cup (Semis).

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Bellamy is still good enough, fit, to skin any defender in the premiership.

He proved towards the end of last season when he WAS fit that he was
too much for Championship defences to cope with, that was in a team
with basically no backbone.

In a Malky Mackay side, where EVERY player has the same desire and will
to win as him.... Bellamy would thrive, he'd be chomping at the bit.

IF we get him here. He will be better than last year, and i mean the last
ten twelve games when he was buzzing..

he'll be better than that!!!