Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My Opinion On The Atmosphere!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:57 pm

In my opinion all these chants on here are never going to work unless theyre 2/3 lines long all the ones that hae 2 paragraphs are crazy people are not going to remember them when theyre pissed. And i also think the trying to hard to get an atmosphere is not going to help because theres always a thread up saying "lets try this" and "lets try that" and people read more into it than it actually is. All i think we have to do is let it roll and evntually people are going to get used to the stadium and sitting by who there next too and groups of people are going to start it going. No way posting on here are going to get thousands to sing at the same chant. They always come from groups of people and spread and an the moe that happens the more people will join in. I also feel theres to much of an "embarressment factor" and people who are in groups of 2 or even on their own do not usually want to get involved and that goes back to people getting used to who they are next to. And the main reason in my opinion is NINIAN PARK people need to realise that we are not there anymore no matter how gutted they are everytime the atmosphere is bad people say "it will never be the ninian" and youre right it wont BUT we need to make this our home now and not linger in the past because if we keep comparing them the atmosphere is always going to be bad in the CCS .it also dosent help that quite a lot of our fans are miserable twats over the last few years. But now we have a new manager a new team an a new team ethic so lets get te stadium rocking starting on sunday. Just my long opinion of course hope i didnt bore you too much

Re: My Opinion On The Atmosphere!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm

i hope the atmosphere will be buzzing. its up to us fans to make the most out of this because its the only derby that we will be in and i think it would be nice to have a whole ground full everyone sining and jumping waving flags. lets impress malky for our first competive home match? :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:06 pm

tbh i've tried to get an atmosphere going in my area in the Ninian Stand, i sit near the front of it near the Canton end but along with me only around 4 people sing around me.... everyone just seems to moan and laugh at some bloke who schizophrenic when we miss a pass, around by me any way :lol:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 pm

The stadium had prooved on a number of times over its short life that it CAN produce a quality atmosphere, the geometry of it means it'll never be like ninian (swappin the canton and family stand would improve it a lot) its the fans who r responsible for the atmosphere or lack of it,unfortunately too many people r either happy to sit there for 90min+ and be quiet as mice,or just feel awkward about singin while sittin down or next to people that r just guna scowl at them and look at u like uve got a foot growin out of ur head