Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Rioter in cell with my son last night and today

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Speaking to my son today last night and most of today he had one of the young rioters sharing a cell with him.

He was a youngster who had just passed his A Levels and is due to start in university in September studying Bio Chemistry. He is charged with throwing bricks at the police and is on remand, if found guilty that's one potential bright future ruined for a moments madness. He has been moved to a cell where he knows someone as he is not coping with being in the scrubs very well :-) probably Matthew smelly feet and snoring I expect LOL

Re: OT Rioter in cell with my son last night and today

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

vince.alm wrote:Speaking to my son today last night and most of today he had one of the young rioters sharing a cell with him.

He was a youngster who had just passed his A Levels and is due to start in university in September studying Bio Chemistry. He is charged with throwing bricks at the police and is on remand, if found guilty that's one potential bright future ruined for a moments madness. He has been moved to a cell where he knows someone as he is not coping with being in the scrubs very well :-) probably Matthew smelly feet and snoring I expect LOL

Ah well, such is life

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Signs of a fragmented society when you have well educated disenchanted youngsters behaving in that way. Not a good sign for our country. My daughter her hubby and kids are emigrating to Australia four weeks next Tuesday. Am sad about it in one way but happy in another because I believe they are getting out at the right time.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Loads of sympathy for your son :ayatollah:
Absolutely none at all for his cellmate!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:21 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Signs of a fragmented society when you have well educated disenchanted youngsters behaving in that way. Not a good sign for our country. My daughter her hubby and kids are emigrating to Australia four weeks next Tuesday. Am sad about it in one way but happy in another because I believe they are getting out at the right time.

One of the looters was a primary school teacher! ffs :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWOTk8edqE

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Signs of a fragmented society when you have well educated disenchanted youngsters behaving in that way. Not a good sign for our country. My daughter her hubby and kids are emigrating to Australia four weeks next Tuesday. Am sad about it in one way but happy in another because I believe they are getting out at the right time.

aye bad innit. What is our country coming too? we are like a mini america and look at the state on that place now.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm

bet these pricks wont get any where near the sentences that your lad and their mates reicived. :evil:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm

It started with the televising of the L.A Gang Culture (Ask anyone that lives in L.A)
It's really not difficult. For the majority, its Free Bling & lots of Bitches!

SIMPLES!

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 pm

should this clown be aloud to learn Bio Chemistry.

If this happens again in 10 years he wont be throwing stones he will be blowing sh*t up.

:lol: :lol: wtf

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Yes it will be interesting to see what sentences these get , and the 20 Chelsea lads still to be done with the jails being so full

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:45 pm

vince.alm wrote:Speaking to my son today last night and most of today he had one of the young rioters sharing a cell with him.

I'm afraid I take an unsympathetic view. Nobody FORCED him to throw stones at the police and join in the riot....

To some extent it makes it even worse because he is/was (apparently!!) an EDUCATED individual with a promising career/life ahead of him

What we all need to remember is that the people afffected will take YEARS to re-build their lives and/or businesses, whilst some will NEVER re-achieve that and a few (God rest their souls) have DIED at the hands of the scum that became entangled in this perceived 'free-for-all'

That "everyone else was doing it, so I joined in" is NOT and NEVER CAN BE a reason to do what they did in any way, shape or form and whilst I accept there were varying degrees of involvement, the FACT that others got involved and made the whole situation worse is for their own consciences and their parents conciences (if they are of that certain age)

The guys in jail for the Chelsea 'fiasco' are, by enlarge, victims of a cynical authoritarian attempt to 'make an example' and were, in many cases, simply UNLUCKY to be in the wrong place at the wrong time....

The rioters and looters, however, were most certainly not!! Theirs was a callous, calculated and organised affair where (some) people were actually BUSSED IN so that they could take part!!

So, IMHO, they deserve what they get....and probably a LOT MORE knowing OUR judiciary!!

Future Presidents, Prime Ministers, doctors, pillars of our society and PARENTS?? God forbid....!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PS

I MUST add though: Not ALL youngsters are bad, so we shouldn't tar them ALL with the same brush....

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Can I just say that I do not condone what he or any others have done. But hopefully he will suffer the consequence and come out and finish a degree to become a decent individual that has learnt from his mistakes. Not all people that go down are 100% bad. As I'm sure your son isn't Vince... Yes done wrong in heat of the moment, but that ain't an easy place to be for a young lad... I see it as a shame that he and others ended up this way. Doesn't say je burnt anything down or has a huge record, or even looted...

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Hopefully soon to be EX-primary school teacher :roll:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Innocent until proven guilty :roll:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:21 pm

thewelshfella wrote:should this clown be aloud to learn Bio Chemistry.

If this happens again in 10 years he wont be throwing stones he will be blowing sh*t up.

:lol: :lol: wtf

I preferd your old avatar :cry:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Can I just say that I do not condone what he or any others have done. But hopefully he will suffer the consequence and come out and finish a degree to become a decent individual that has learnt from his mistakes. Not all people that go down are 100% bad. As I'm sure your son isn't Vince... Yes done wrong in heat of the moment, but that ain't an easy place to be for a young lad... I see it as a shame that he and others ended up this way. Doesn't say je burnt anything down or has a huge record, or even looted...

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 pm

All bollocks

the lads sent down for Chelsea. Ok lets be honest, lots of us went there that
day to settle old scores. But lots got caught up in the heat of the moment and
ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and STILL basically did f**k all.

Any fucker out on the streets caught having it with OB during this last week
was NOT caught up in heat of the moment.

Everyone knew what was going on.

Its a bit like walking on the beach when you know the tide is coming in, then
saying you werent expecting to see water, then couldnt resist a paddle

f*cking idiot

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 pm

I Hope the little shit is crying himself to sleep every Night. These rioters need to be come down on really hard.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:46 pm

this country is morally and finantially bankrupt!! when the the yanks get downgraded to a AA RATING . the biggest economy in the world!! alarm bells ring!! obama is toast! EVEN AFTER BIN LADENS DEMISE!! :cry:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Innocent until proven guilty :roll:

Yeah, whatever!! Bang to rights in his case!! (They've got conclusive video evidence :roll: )

Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:57 am

I try not to get involved in all the rants on here but taffyapple I hope the f*cking idiot you refer to is the boy not me for my opinion?

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:20 am

Western Blue wrote:I try not to get involved in all the rants on here but taffyapple I hope the f*cking idiot you refer to is the boy not me for my opinion?

The rioter mate!

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:27 am

lostcityboy wrote:bet these pricks wont get any where near the sentences that your lad and their mates reicived. :evil:

I bet they will. Society is sickened by what happened over the 4 nights in the affected cities. Any judge not making an example of these people will be villified and I believe that most of these judges realise the responsibiluity they have to punish them to the maximum

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:49 am

taffyapple wrote:
Western Blue wrote:I try not to get involved in all the rants on here but taffyapple I hope the f*cking idiot you refer to is the boy not me for my opinion?

The rioter mate!

:ayatollah: I'll crawl back under my rock !

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 am

Reading the posts and regarding all this madness, bankers and finance ruining the world, footballers salaries, rip off britain, rising costs, tax payers always pay, not being allowed to reprimand your child at home or in school, cameras everywhere, the breakdown of morals everywhere etc etc.

Cameron wants a big society to pitch in to help (we still get done if we protect ourselves and take law into our own hands though) - but isn't part of the problem that we dont trust the politicians either as they all seem to be directors of companies wih government contracts and they fiddle they're expenses and dont listen to the voters?

Anyway - back to why i'm writing.....

What happened to our Government/Social,Moral leader Mr Camerons best mate in Glastonbury? Did he o/d on drugs???

oohh ahh barmy army 2 v ewe orrrr bormy ormy 1 tomorrow - think it will be close but we'll win :ayatollah: