Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol City Preview

Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Cardiff will welcome back eight players from international duty for clash with Bristol City.

The Bluebirds needed extra time to see off Oxford 3-1 in the Carling Cup first round on Wednesday with only Andrew Taylor and Craig Conway present from the side which beat West Ham in the season opener.

Kenny Miller, Don Cowie and Kevin McNaughton were in the Scotland squad while Aron Gunnarsson was called up by Iceland. Robert Earnshaw and Darcy Blake represented Wales with the latter scoring his first competitive goal against Australia.

Joe Mason was on duty with the Republic of Ireland under-21s and Dekel Keinan was in the Israel squad.

Stephen McPhail could also be available as he has returned to full training following a virus.

Bristol City's postponed Carling Cup tie with Swindon could prove a blessing in disguise for Marvin Elliott and Liam Fontaine, with the duo now fit for their game against Cardiff on Sunday.

Robins manager Keith Millen said the pair would have missed the Swindon tie with ankle injuries but have recovered in time for their visit to South Wales.

Millen told the club's official website: "We would have been without Marvin and Liam for the game against Swindon through injury, but they've recovered well throughout the week and they'll be in the squad for Cardiff."

Kalifa Cisse, Albert Adomah and Neil Kilkenny will also be at Millen's disposal after returning from international duty.

"I'm happy with how the squad is shaping up fitness-wise for Sunday's game in Cardiff," Millen added.

Good website in my opinion... does anyone ever go on teamtalk? :ayatollah:

Re: Bristol City Preview

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:58 pm

From what i was told today - McPHAIL - BLAKE - KISS - Will not be in the match day squad v Bristol City.