Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DON COWIE

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Was superb today, the guy has one hell of an engine, does he ever stop running. The amount of ground he covered in todays game was unbelievable what a great signing.

Mason, Conway, Whitts were superb but i feel that Cowie should have been Man of the match due to his immense workrate. :ayatollah:

Check him out against Brighton, he runs non stop ALL game. :ayatollah:

Re: DON COWIE

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

spot on :ayatollah: did you see the 50 /50 balls he chased down you could see the determination on his face then tha bristol player shit out :D my man of the match awesome display :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm

nobby totally agree he was awsome today :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Thought he looked immense what a quality player :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:12 pm

good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I couldn't believe how much he ran, Didn't stop. With that heat I said to my mate "HE can't keep this up all game can he?" Wow amazing. The whole team played and give 110%. SO happy with the way we played and Malky was fantastic. Massive improvement on last year.

Good Times. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 pm

nobby wrote:Was superb today, the guy has one hell of an engine, does he ever stop running. The amount of ground he covered in todays game was unbelievable what a great signing.

Mason, Conway, Whitts were superb but i feel that Cowie should have been Man of the match due to his immense workrate. :ayatollah:

Check him out against Brighton, he runs non stop ALL game. :ayatollah:

Whole team's workrate really impressed today, but Cowie did stand out.....chased everything :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Cant argue with the OP :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Could turn out to be one our best players this year, gets assists, works hard and can score too! 10 out of 10 today!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Totally agree

Cowie was excellent. My MoM. In addition to what has been said, him and Super Kev had a fantastic understanding, especially in first half. When Kev overlaps, Cowie drops back to RB.

Keep your eyes on these two down that right hand side. Gonna be a joy.

Absolutely excellent, as were all the players by the way.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:05 pm

good shout :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Excellent signing phenomenal work rate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:59 am

And to think that after a couple of friendlies there were a few people on here writing him off as not good enough!

He is a great player. He's like Willie Boland with footballing ability!

:ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 am

bought a shirt for my boy yesterday.....and he had Cowie on the Back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 am

Scott Parker, Matthew Taylor and Kevin Nolan apart, who are recognised
Premiership stars... Is there a better midfielder in this division???

and he cost f**k all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Go on Sven, son... Go spend another few million :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am

I can't actually put into words how good I think he was today, it was one of my favourite individual performances I've seen by a city player for years on effort/commitment alone

Don Cowie I doubt you read this forum, but if you do, you should be f**king proud of yourself mate, you were absolutely outstanding

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 am

taffyapple wrote:Scott Parker, Matthew Taylor and Kevin Nolan apart, who are recognised

whittingham

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 am

bluebirdtom wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Scott Parker, Matthew Taylor and Kevin Nolan apart, who are recognised

whittingham

Agreed, very impressed with Mason too, if you read it well done great skills and comitment !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We're that good now I forgot about Peter Whittingham :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 am

Don Cowie is and always has been a very good player, its just this is the first time in his career where his ability can shine, being a work horse in a rubbish team is pointless!

Malky has put together a team of limited ability, but endless energy and appetite!

The hunger amongst the players to succeed is evident for the whole 90 minutes, its clear he is building a TEAM!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 am

Brilliant signing. I always knew he was class but I never realised how good he really was until the West Ham and Bristol City game! He is a crucial player for us. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:52 am

I can't actually put into words how good I think he was today, it was one of my favourite individual performances I've seen by a city player for years on effort/commitment alone

Don Cowie I doubt you read this forum, but if you do, you should be f**king proud of yourself mate, you were absolutely outstanding

can't say anything more than that! he worked his bollocks off and i don't think i ever saw him standing still! he linked up with Super Kev well and never gave the ball away!