Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The band behind the Canton..

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 pm

fair play, they gave us some entertainment. Even better when they did a few City chants. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

Re: The band behind the Canton..

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am

SBF1 wrote:fair play, they gave us some entertainment. Even better when they did a few City chants. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

I heard the last few songs, and they were superb :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:26 am

Embaresing I thought it was, I want to go to a football match not a music concert !
Silly idea to whoever thought of it, way to loud aswell for my liking. Don't think my young daughter would enjoy it because of the noise level ( and before anyone says go to the family stand, why shoulld I when my season tocket is in canton stand and she doesn't come regular)

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:31 am

Double G wrote:Embaresing I thought it was, I want to go to a football match not a music concert !
Silly idea to whoever thought of it, way to loud aswell for my liking. Don't think my young daughter would enjoy it because of the noise level ( and before anyone says go to the family stand, why shoulld I when my season tocket is in canton stand and she doesn't come regular)

couldnt disagree anymore mate. :D
your opinion which is cool and many may well disagree with me, but I thought it was great, if its done every week it will get on my tits, but maybe 3/4 times a year i think wil be great, hundreds around singing today when i got in, great atmosphere, enjoyed it, and bands are not my thing either! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:34 am

massive over use of the word great in my above post :lol:
they were good :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:00 am

milly44 wrote:massive over use of the word great in my above post :lol:
they were good :ayatollah:

GREAT post :D

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:25 am

miserable fuckers ;) i thought the band were greatit was a great ideaand i enjoyed them :ayatollah: :old: :old:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:42 am

Double G wrote:Embaresing I thought it was, I want to go to a football match not a music concert !

Couldn't agree more G. A music concert was the last thing that was missing from the "pre match experience". It's nice to go in, have a drink and talk about the game, have a bet and then go up to the seats. I couldn't hear a thing that my mates were saying so be by-passed the drink and bets and just went straight up. Barrie MacAullife is well into his music and this seems something he pushed for rather than the fans. Hope they stop it soon.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:48 am

Even Gethin was down there trying to start a mosh pit

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:51 am

i was in the mosh pit myself :D :old:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 am

Gutted I missed them but think it's a great (sorry!) idea! If it's not for you then don't hang around and listen to them. I thought they did a great job because by the time I'd turned up the whole place was buzzing and everyone who caught them said they were fantastic. I think as a club we should actively promote local talent and if it's helps the atmosphere then quality. I don't think it can be called embarrassing though. Like Milly said though, it's all a matter of opinion. I think it's better to have the band playing and give the people the choice of whether they want to listen to them or not as opposed to not having one at all. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:28 am

When the band was blasting that loud tho, you really couldnt get away from it, You could hear it clear from Canton Rugby Club.
Dont get me wrong, im all for local talent but isnt that what pubs are for ?
I think football should be kept to just football, If people enjoyed it that much then yes, do it 3 or 4 times a year, but every game ? think that will really get on my tits

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:32 am

Gareth, Gwyn Davies and I attended a meeting before a home midweek match along with a few others to discuss the possibility of fans moving from the Ninian to the Canton to create a better atmosphere.

There was an open floor for suggestions on how to make the atmosphere better in the ground and amongst the ideas it was my good self who suggested live bands under the Canton Stand, personally I don't think it is a silly idea and neither does the club, I cannot comment on the band or noise levels as I sit in the family stand.

With regards to the family stand I attended a meeting with Julian Jenkins, Wayne Nash and Gethin Jenkins on June 14th 2010 and an idea I gave them then seems to be working well and that was that players not in the matchday squad come over to the family stand to meet and greet the kids.

Thankfully the club is open to suggestions and they are taking advice from the customer to make the matchday experience better.

You should notify the club of any suggestions you think may help with the atmosphere and general experience for all fans as in fairness to the club they are listening and taking action.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 am

Bluebird99 wrote:

Couldn't agree more G. A music concert was the last thing that was missing from the "pre match experience". It's nice to go in, have a drink and talk about the game, have a bet and then go up to the seats. I couldn't hear a thing that my mates were saying so be by-passed the drink and bets and just went straight up. Barrie MacAullife is well into his music and this seems something he pushed for rather than the fans. Hope they stop it soon.

In fairness it was certainly not Barrie's idea this was a fan led idea that the club has reacted too.

Let's give the club credit for trying to do something different and create a better matchday experience, I know it will not suit everyone but if we don't try then we won't know.

It may not work and no doubt the club will listen to feedback from the fans as whether or not they decide to keep it going.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am

i personally didnt think it worked, thought the area where they were set up was wrong...right in front of the turnstyles has bods were coming in.......i think a good D-j could work better.....Jimmy Jimmy did it for me yesterday. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i was in the mosh pit myself :D :old:

you were the mosh pit!!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Gareth, Gwyn Davies and I attended a meeting before a home midweek match along with a few others to discuss the possibility of fans moving from the Ninian to the Canton to create a better atmosphere.

There was an open floor for suggestions on how to make the atmosphere better in the ground and amongst the ideas it was my good self who suggested live bands under the Canton Stand, personally I don't think it is a silly idea and neither does the club, I cannot comment on the band or noise levels as I sit in the family stand.

With regards to the family stand I attended a meeting with Julian Jenkins, Wayne Nash and Gethin Jenkins on June 14th 2010 and an idea I gave them then seems to be working well and that was that players not in the matchday squad come over to the family stand to meet and greet the kids.

Thankfully the club is open to suggestions and they are taking advice from the customer to make the matchday experience better.

You should notify the club of any suggestions you think may help with the atmosphere and general experience for all fans as in fairness to the club they are listening and taking action.

Carl,

I sit in the Family Section of the Grandstand and the idea of non playing squad members meeting the kids is great.

My boys have been able to see their idols up close and personal and get all their autographs. It also gives the chance for the players to mix with the fans in a controlled enviroment.

Top idea - well done

:D :D

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Carl,

I sit in the Family Section of the Grandstand and the idea of non playing squad members meeting the kids is great.

My boys have been able to see their idols up close and personal and get all their autographs. It also gives the chance for the players to mix with the fans in a controlled enviroment.

Top idea - well done

:D :D

When we were in Ninian Park the players ran out for the warm up in front of the family section, I asked if this could happen at CCS, so kids could get autographs of the odd player or so, but as the response was that due to position of changing rooms then the players will always run out and turn left, that is when I asked if the non playing players meet and greet and the first to do so was Joe Ledley but that was in the stand and not on the concourse, but it certainly does work :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 pm

rudy went into the ninian stand and signed autographs at half time. good on him :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:31 pm

did anyone see one of the band members fall :lol: :lol: