Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHATS THE DEAL WITH 5 SUBS?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 pm

why did they change the rule to only allow 5 subs , however you can still make 3 changes?

i do not see the benefit of this to any team.. if you looked at our bench today, quinn, gestade, heaton, mason,parkin...

no keinan, gypes, blake, jarvis, wildig, taiwo mcphail,

i know one or two might not be match fit, but what im trying to say is why limit the match day squad , size when u can still make the 3 changes? it limits your bench and could have caused a prob today if we had received another inj in midfield..

yes we had quinn and so taylor may have moved up and kev across but you are then moving players out of position.

Re: WHATS THE DEAL WITH 5 SUBS?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 pm

For financial reasons, clubs dont have to buy more players to fill the bench, and they want to see more youngsters given a chance

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 pm

math_robz878 wrote:For financial reasons, clubs dont have to buy more players to fill the bench, and they want to see more youngsters given a chance

ok, i get the financial bit, but surely if you were giving the youngsters a chance then they would fill up the bench??

today, we could have done with 1 or 2 of them on our bench as a precaution but wasnt allowed..

:sith: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:17 pm

5 SUBS IN THE LEAGUE AND 7 IN THE CARLING CUP :roll: