Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF NOT SPENDING ON PLAYERS?? HMMMM

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Malky aint spent much has he. But realistically, lets have a look at who he
HAS brought in, and put a conservative estimate on their value

Cowie, Mason, Gunnarsson, Taylor, Gestede, Conway, Miller, Earnshaw......

Is it fair to say we have spent about 1.5m on transfer fees, compensation etc?

Surely if we sold these players tomorrow, they would have a combined value of
over 10 million??.. and they ARE OUR PLAYERS!!!

Not a bad bit of business i reckon

Re: CARDIFF NOT SPENDING ON PLAYERS?? HMMMM

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:19 pm

cracking point made,

it was only last yr that liverpool were keeping tabs on gunnarsson also... on performances so far, id say way over the 10 mil mark...

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Very pleased with the lads today, like you say cost very little but look the real deal to me. :ayatollah: :D

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Good buisness !

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:cracking point made,

it was only last yr that liverpool were keeping tabs on gunnarsson also... on performances so far, id say way over the 10 mil mark...

£2.5m could well have proved good business for Goodwillie.

But we have spent A TENTH of that on Joe Mason, who is two years younger :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 pm

And Goodwillie would of been a great and cheap bit of business.

I really do believe with another 4-5 players we can be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

I think 5 million would do it.

Sven spent 5 million on a CB!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:42 pm

And I think MM has also bought players that could play at a higher level.

Sven has bought players to get him out of this league, but those players have failed to have an impact on the Prem.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 am

Leicester remind me of us last season. A group of good individuals who, in my opinion, will finish top 6 but not automatically promoted.

Us, on the other hand, appear to be a good TEAM of players who have every chance of top 2

With Brighton and Burnley this week there is every chance that we could be on 12 points this time next week!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:21 am

Mason impressed me today.....looks an excellent signings

Seems like he could be an excellent centre midfield player........despite being signed as a centre forward!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:03 am

Big Boss Man wrote:And Goodwillie would of been a great and cheap bit of business.

I really do believe with another 4-5 players we can be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

I think 5 million would do it.

Sven spent 5 million on a CB!

Leicester have paid over the odds for ALL their signings. Thats what happens when you
signal your intent and let Clubs know you've got money to burn.

To be honest, I dont give a f**k how much Mackay spends, if he can get three more
players in of the quality he has already signed then we will be challenging for the
top spot. If he manages to do it by getting fellers in on the cheap cos their contracts
are up, cos they are on a free, cos they're being released or because they are on a
season long loan.... who cares!

Leicester fans were all raving about getting Neil Danns in on a free, why do Cardiff fans
sometimes give off the impression that if we dont spend lots of money we wont go up?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 am

I'm going to play devils advocate here.

It concerned me we were not spending. Then I looked at who we had brought in as a manager and looked at the team he was managing last season when they took us to the cleaners. I felt if he could get a similar team in for us without the fear of losing them, that is loanees, then I would be happy. Well so far so good although the pennies have not been spent. I think I can live with that from what I have seen so far.

But I am not getting carried away. To say we have £10m worth of players now is a bit premature but saying that you can see it has potential. At the moment we are going through a honeymoon period and that will come to an end. It will tell us more when we have gone through the end of that and come out of whatever happens after. How long it take and waht we are like afterwards is going ot give us all our answers I believe.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:23 am

Agree by what has been said but we DO NEED those extra 3 or 4 players

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 am

It's not just the players Malkay has brought in; some of the remnants of DJ's hapless reign seem to have a new lease of life under our new messiah.

Marshall has been extremely impressive so far and Hudson terrific yesterday. Super Kev is playing almost as a winger and Whittingham has learnt to tackle.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out this must have something to do with the new coaching regime.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Super Kev is playing almost as a winger ...........

MacNaughton actually looks ordinary in this team now yet he is performing just like we expect him to do. About sums up the team atm. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It's not just the players Malkay has brought in; some of the remnants of DJ's hapless reign seem to have a new lease of life under our new messiah.

Marshall has been extremely impressive so far and Hudson terrific yesterday. Super Kev is playing almost as a winger and Whittingham has learnt to tackle.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out this must have something to do with the new coaching regime.

the extra fitness instills extra confidence.

Joe Mason stated that he was puking up in training he was getting worked so hard. Thats
a hell of an admission from a professional footballer. Mackays training methods must be
very different. OK we often commented that some of our players didnt look the fittest, but
for a lad to come in from another club and STILL be hanging out after a session proves that
Mackay is upping their fitness levels considerably.

Is Malky turning our lads into Marines??? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: