Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Holley Swansea Council Leader

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 pm

The pompus tw@t Chris Holley has put an article in the South Wales Evening Post explaining the councils position re the Liberty Stadium.
Im not going to bore you all with the article, but in the last but one paragraph he says, " We have no intention of turning the Swans into a golden goose that can be squeezed for a quick profit.
Promotion to the Premier League is something that we can all be proud of.
It will bring huge returns to our city- more people visiting the city, more money coming into the city, Swansea's name appearing on everybody's TV set, and every weekend Cardiff as an also-ran Championship team".

What a dougnut he is!
Couple that with Huw Jenkins insistance on their away shirts having to be tangerine, in order for them to remind us of our play-off defeat to Blackpool.
Obsessed or what??
:x :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Chris Holley Swansea Council Leader

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:43 pm

This matter relating to Swansea Council not receiving a penny in income from the Liberty Stadium has been picked up by the Welsh Audit Office for a couple of years now.

It's now only a matter of time before the Council will have to address this and I for one hope that both SCFC and the Ospreys and both chased for the millions of pounds owed to the ratepayers of Swansea.

I wonder how many will be happy to find out the level of subsidy the ratepayer has been provding to two private sporting clubs for the last 6 years.

Not many I bet. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 pm

The question is being asked by the Labour Party in Swansea and they are really rattling the cages of Chris Holley and his cronies!
Huw Jenkins is spouting off that the club are set up for life now.
So pay the council what you owe you penny pinching tw@t!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:57 pm

castleblue wrote:This matter relating to Swansea Council not receiving a penny in income from the Liberty Stadium has been picked up by the Welsh Audit Office for a couple of years now.

It's now only a matter of time before the Council will have to address this and I for one hope that both SCFC and the Ospreys and both chased for the millions of pounds owed to the ratepayers of Swansea.

I wonder how many will be happy to find out the level of subsidy the ratepayer has been provding to two private sporting clubs for the last 6 years.

its comforting to know you've got the best interests of the community charge payers of Swansea at heart , let me know if we can do anything for you. I wonder how many Swans supporters could name any of your lot of expense fiddlers (same applies to us I'm sure)

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
castleblue wrote:This matter relating to Swansea Council not receiving a penny in income from the Liberty Stadium has been picked up by the Welsh Audit Office for a couple of years now.

its comforting to know you've got the best interests of the community charge payers of Swansea at heart , let me know if we can do anything for you. I wonder how many Swans supporters could name any of your lot of expense fiddlers (same applies to us I'm sure)

Look it is an absolute fact that Swansea City Council has not received a single penny in income from the Liberty Stadium since it opened. Compare that against Manchester City Council, the owners of the City Of Manchester Stadium, who have received over £15m from Manchester City under the terms of the lease agreement which currently costs the club £3m per year.

SCFC and the Ospreys are both in receipt of one hell of a benefit at the cost of the local ratepayer and believe me it won't last much longer. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:34 pm

We are paying everything we are contractually obliged to pay.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Love the fact he had to mention us. ;)

Obsessed. :D :D :D :D

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:40 pm

NJ73 wrote:We are paying everything we are contractually obliged to pay.

:? That's the whole point isn't it who benefits most from the contract :?:

Certainly not Swansea City Council :o :o :o

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Well seeing as the council don't have to pay any maintenance costs on the stadium I'd say they aren't doing too badly out if it. Especially when it cost them next to nothing to build as it was funded by the retail park.

Are the audit office going to look into the gift of land that ccfc received from cardiff council as well?

You can take your time over that one as I've got Premier League football to watch this evening so won't be replying tonight ;)

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:59 pm

NJ73 wrote:Well seeing as the council don't have to pay any maintenance costs on the stadium I'd say they aren't doing too badly out if it. Especially when it cost them next to nothing to build as it was funded by the retail park.

Are the audit office going to look into the gift of land that ccfc received from cardiff council as well?

You can take your time over that one as I've got Premier League football to watch this evening ON THE TV so won't be replying tonight ;)

Dont be too dispointed when you loose 6-0.

You going down by Christmas! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:00 pm

NJ73 wrote:Well seeing as the council don't have to pay any maintenance costs on the stadium I'd say they aren't doing too badly out if it. Especially when it cost them next to nothing to build as it was funded by the retail park.

You can take your time over that one as I've got Premier League football to watch this evening so won't be replying tonight ;)

Well that PL jibe hurt but lets get back to the facts the Welsh Audit Office has raised concerns regarding the financial arrangements of the Liberty Stadium. No such concerns have been raised regarding the financing of the Cardiff City Stadium development.

You can run but you cannot hide when it comes to the use of public finances and the watchdog in Wales is the Welsh Audit Office.

Enjoy the game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: