Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Whittingham

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Sorry Cardiff cfc fans but whitts has had It with all the false promises from malky about where he can play so his agent has a meeting with gethin Jenkins today as he is off ,,, there are a number of clubs that have met the Cardiff asking price so he will have his pick... At least he will be able to play for fans that appreciate good football and most off all him....... Bye bye.....

i am fed up with people posting sh*t about our players!! why do they persist that they are going to leave!? someone would've said something, surely.

it's just a wind-up from jealous fans of other clubs who want him and try to tap him up - like when Forest said he wanted to join them, and leave Cardiff.

at least make a rumour that's believable, Malky lying about where he can play!? i don't understand these people sometimes. and what's this? we don't appreciate him? just look at this messageboard, i think you'll see differently.

rant over. it's p*ssed me off.

Re: Peter Whittingham

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:
Sorry Cardiff cfc fans but whitts has had It with all the false promises from malky about where he can play so his agent has a meeting with gethin Jenkins today as he is off ,,, there are a number of clubs that have met the Cardiff asking price so he will have his pick... At least he will be able to play for fans that appreciate good football and most off all him....... Bye bye.....

i am fed up with people posting sh*t about our players!! why do they persist that they are going to leave!? someone would've said something, surely.

it's just a wind-up from jealous fans of other clubs who want him and try to tap him up - like when Forest said he wanted to join them, and leave Cardiff.

at least make a rumour that's believable, Malky lying about where he can play!? i don't understand these people sometimes. and what's this? we don't appreciate him? just look at this messageboard, i think you'll see differently.

yeah i get your point mate and i dont know why they are aiming it at message boards if a club wanted to buy whitts let the club decide why people think it would upset a player by creating a rumour on a message board

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Right about being unappreciated by fans considering his last two seasons.
A thread on here about 2 months ago and people where hAppy to let him go for around 1m - madness.

Such a quality player.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:19 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Cymru Am Byth wrote:

yeah i get your point mate and i dont know why they are aiming it at message boards if a club wanted to buy whitts let the club decide why people think it would upset a player by creating a rumour on a message board

it wasn't at this messageboard specifically, more a football one in general, but it's a Cardiff-based rumour. some people are full of sh*t, eh? these rumours are :spam1: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 pm

BangBangBlue wrote:1. conway plays both sides
2. whittingham although i would drive him myself to norwich on a bike if need be plays both

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52983&p=493738

Ben wrote:id take anything 1 mill upwards, get shot of the lazy git
don't get me wrong on his day he's class, but when is his day? when does he choose to turn up? i knew after having that freak season where he scored goals for fun it wouldn't last, should have got rid then

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51702&p=480462

neeball wrote:Good move if we get a fee for him, one of the players I think we need move on. Not good enough at top half championship level

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47130&p=435283

and that took five minutes. Whitts is a quality, quality player and always has been.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Yeh he has always been a class player, but under Dave Jones he was lazy lazy lazy, why that was I don't know. Under Malky he looks a completely different player, and I don't want him to go anywhere.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 pm

welshie wrote:Yeh he has always been a class player, but under Dave Jones he was lazy lazy lazy, why that was I don't know. Under Malky he looks a completely different player, and I don't want him to go anywhere.

The problem with your post is. The stats dont lie. Last season he covered more ground
than any other City player, so lazy he definitely wasnt, or isnt. Its cool though, cos i had
the same impression last year.I think a major problem last season was that Jones had
Whittingham pushing on, but failed to sort out the hole he obviously left behind him.
The opposition breaks, tear through the middle of the midfield and where was Whitts...
stuck in no mans land. Perhaps.

Now he's part of a compact unit, everyone knows their job, everyone works for each
other, everyone looks to get Whitts on the ball as much as possible. He must be loving
his football. Im sorry I doubted him.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:23 pm

Ive never thought of him as lazy, although his attitude was always laid back. His goals and assists over last two seasons show he was a massive success under DJ

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 pm

taffyapple wrote:
welshie wrote:Yeh he has always been a class player, but under Dave Jones he was lazy lazy lazy, why that was I don't know. Under Malky he looks a completely different player, and I don't want him to go anywhere.

The problem with your post is. The stats dont lie. Last season he covered more ground
than any other City player, so lazy he definitely wasnt, or isnt. Its cool though, cos i had
the same impression last year.I think a major problem last season was that Jones had
Whittingham pushing on, but failed to sort out the hole he obviously left behind him.
The opposition breaks, tear through the middle of the midfield and where was Whitts...

Now he's part of a compact unit, everyone knows their job, everyone works for each
other, everyone looks to get Whitts on the ball as much as possible. He must be loving

excellent and spot on response :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:

well put taffy :ayatollah: