Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reading Defeat Blessing In Disguise !

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:14 am

The play off semi final defeat was a hard pill to swallow at the time. All year we were building up for it and then to loose 3-0 was hard. But i think it was a blessing in disguise because under Dave Jones we would have been smashed in the Premier Leauge because of the lack of work rate, fitness and team spirit.
Malky Makay has been a breath of fesh air to the team delivering a new dynamic to the squad and new style of play. Malky has worked hard to assemble his squad bringing in 9 players after loosing our so called big guns. Dont get me wrong we lost some big names but we also lost some big egos at the same time , the ones who thinks its ok to go out drinking before the biggest game of the season. So if we did win that night we would have been just like Swansea yesterday loosing and having a manager that doesnt care ! Unlike Malky who will fight to win and icorparated this into the players.

:ayatollah:

Re: Reading Defeat Blessing In Disguise !

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 am

I think we would have attracted bigger stars than the Jacks. Dave Jones would have been given a chance in the premier for reward of taking us up. However I do think most of us would agree now it would have been a disaster if that happened.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:38 am

big time disaster if we had beat reading ,for a start the jacks would almost certainly have been too good for us on the day at wembley. the team under jones was no way near ready for the big time,rebuilding under malky is a new era for us,the cardiff of old electric support from the fansand players that take pride in the shirt

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Blackpool defeat blessing in disguise
or Bellers would never had played for us :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I think we would have attracted bigger stars than the Jacks. Dave Jones would have been given a chance in the premier for reward of taking us up. However I do think most of us would agree now it would have been a disaster if that happened.

My thoughts exactly. Had we gone up, he'd have kept his job and we could have
ended up doing a Derby. He WOULD have been able to attract better players than
the jacks could. But they would still have been marginal/lower quality premier
league players, and they would have sunk without a trace with Mr Motivator at
the helm.

IF we get promoted this season, our toughest task will be to keep Malky

Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I think we would have attracted bigger stars than the Jacks. Dave Jones would have been given a chance in the premier for reward of taking us up. However I do think most of us would agree now it would have been a disaster if that happened.

the helm.

we dont know this and its all speculation. i would still much rather be in the prem even though this season ahead is really exciting

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 pm

jezzy666 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

the helm.

we dont know this and its all speculation. i would still much rather be in the prem even though this season ahead is really exciting

It is all speculation, because Jones, his teams and his tactics ultimately
failed.