Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THAT WAS AWEFUL

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 am

Sorry but to many key players were making woeful decisions, lots struggled to control the ball or had terrible first touches and Conway aside the crossing was terrible = awful.

We worked hard and showed glipses of goo play but far to rare. Big problem was the bench lacked any quality.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 am

Brighton were a much better team than us, end of. We need time to build as a team and learn to pass.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 am

I was disappointed with the result last night and to a point disappointed with the lack of composure some of our players showed at times, but then I thought back to the Middlesbrough game last season and you know what in comparison last night we give it a go and it just wasn't our night.

We have to give Brighton credit for the way they played and if you ever want to see a good example of defending from the front then Craig Mackail-Smith gave it. When you have players like that willing to chase every ball and not give the opposition time to breath you force mistakes, you force a lack of composure and you force mistakes and that's what happened last night.

Brighton did to us what we did to the Wurzels but having said all that Brighton had 3 efforts on target and scored with all of them. If Conway had scored when we were on top the result could and probably would have been different but when somehow it hits a defender and goes for a corner or like against the Wurzels where Pitman hit the bar when it looked impossible not to score you get the feeling it's not going to be your day.

Poyet set up last night without wingers solely with the aim of stopping an open game and he was happy for his defenders to pass the ball back and forth amongst themselves, probably why the crowd were jeering them in the first half, what we didn't need to do was gift them the first goal but we did and that changed the game.

As far as I'm concerned Brighton did a number on us last night and we were more responsible for the defeat than they were for the victory but does that make us a bad team, absolutely not.

We haven't become a bad team overnight and as I said think back to Middlesbrough at home where half our team didn't give an ounce for the shirt, last night was not like that and we need just to put it behind us and move on.

I still believe we will win more than we lose this season and let's just see where that takes us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:55 am

Brighton are a superb team, they played really well last night - but remember for large part of the first half we were all over them. When we went 1 down we didn't have any answers, but that is due to a lack of depth of the squad MM couldn't change anything. Get a few more players in and injuries back and I think we would have got back into that game

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:02 am

2blue2handle wrote:Sorry but to many key players were making woeful decisions, lots struggled to control the ball or had terrible first touches and Conway aside the crossing was terrible = awful.

We worked hard and showed glipses of goo play but far to rare. Big problem was the bench lacked any quality.

Good job we didn't loser 12 players in the summer, we def should panic buy to replace them too, Hell Rae is still knocking around in a wardrobe somewhere in the CCS let's give him a game. Sorry Luke but you're way off if you thought that our season was going to be better than this, three games in...

Two games in four days, playing, for my money two players at least out of position and lacking in midfield anyway. Patience with a new team and manager should take years, not 3 months.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:05 am

RFMH wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Sorry but to many key players were making woeful decisions, lots struggled to control the ball or had terrible first touches and Conway aside the crossing was terrible = awful.

Good job we didn't loser 12 players in the summer, we def should panic buy to replace them too, Hell Rae is still knocking around in a wardrobe somewhere in the CCS let's give him a game. Sorry Luke but you're way off if you thought that our season was going to be better than this, three games in...

Two games in four days, playing, for my money two players at least out of position and lacking in midfield anyway. Patience with a new team and manager should take years, not 3 months.

Who said I did expect it?
I'm very pleased with the start of the season so far and the way the team have performed considering.

I'm talking about last nights game though nothing else nd it was poor.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:49 am

RFMH wrote:We did nothing?

So when Conway missed a great chance at 0-0 that was nothing?
When Conway missed a great chance at 3-1 right on the 90 that was nothing?
When their keeper scambled to Whitts and Mason's shot that was nothing?
When Whitts scored a pen that was nothing?

Youd think we'd lost to WHU the way some people act. It was a solid performance with high effort at a good level for a team that has only been together a minute. We lacked an edge certainly but we are a few players short. Awful that was not under any definition.

You've hit the nail right on the head.

When Conway missed a great chance at 0-0 it was indeed for us nothing
When Conway missed another great chance, again, it was nothing
when their keeper made saves (that's what he's there for) again for us it was nothing.

So i agree with the poster who said we did nothing.

When Whttgham scored it was a goal, but an irrelevance

We were outplayed. BHA are a good side, and perhaps we were out of sorts. but there's no doubt in my mind that 3-1 didn't flatter them.