Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

rudy gestede...

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm

anyone else think we are better off starting this guy up front with earnie/miller, just to have a big man up front to hold up ball/get on headers etc.

Re: ruby...

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 pm

did not start him or needed to start with him against bristol and he wasnt great when he came on then we were3 up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: rudy gestede...

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm

thought he was good tonight

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Think he earned himself a start based on tonights performance but I didn't see Oxford.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:50 pm

I'd start him up front with Earnshaw in the next game purely to have the big man little man combination. Miller seems short of fitness and match sharpness to me.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd start him up front with Earnshaw in the next game purely to have the big man little man combination. Miller seems short of fitness and match sharpness to me.

exactly! miller and earnie will never work in the long term.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:57 pm

we dont really have much choice :lol: .

its not going to work with miller and earnie...

gestede isn't technically the best player.

but neither was robbie savage and he's a handful causing alot of problems

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:58 pm

murphy wrote:anyone else think we are better off starting this guy up front with earnie/miller, just to have a big man up front to hold up ball/get on headers etc.

MM Was right to keep a winning team ( imo ) but i would like to see this guy given a chance soon :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:we dont really have much choice :lol: .

its not going to work with miller and earnie...

gestede isn't technically the best player.

but neither was robbie savage and he's a handful causing alot of problems

You know things are desperate when you use Robbie Savage as a case in point! :lol:

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Think he deserves a chance away at Burnley but I honestly don't think he's the definitive answer. It's not impossible for two shortarses to play up front together, just need a bit of extra quality in the midfield, maybe another option on the wing.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 pm

:lol: , robbie savage was a useful player,
gestede could be useful ! he was good enough to set up a goal at west ham, bit like a clumsey bothroyd. with less to offer