Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm

be a cracking signing if we can get him the question is the wages :old:

Re: Bullard sacked by Hull

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:28 pm

not for me ta :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:32 pm

abf9 wrote:Come on then Malky

as good a player as he is, the problem is that, after watching him play for Ipswich against us last year, he would need to play the exact same role that Whittingham is playing for us at the moment, i just dont think there's room in the starting line up for them both and Bullard certainly wont come here to be a bench player

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:36 pm

as hes injury prone. i would have him on a pay as you play :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:43 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

as good a player as he is, the problem is that, after watching him play for Ipswich against us last year, he would need to play the exact same role that Whittingham is playing for us at the moment, i just dont think there's room in the starting line up for them both and Bullard certainly wont come here to be a bench player

Ah yes - but Whittingham, although useful at that psoition, is better deployed further forward.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Great player, I would have thought a prem side would have him first though, albeit on a pay per play as the poster above said.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:26 pm

why was he sacked ?

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:45 pm

I expect Sven has been working his magic already

(that is, got the Leicester cheque book out) !!

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote:not for me ta :ayatollah:

I totally agree. I don't know why people are making a big deal with this. Bit old. High Wages. :old:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Sorry, I created another thread without seeing this. No, would not take a wanker that orders prostitutes to his hotel room on tour, had enough problems with chopra thank you

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:16 pm

englishbluebird wrote:why was he sacked ?

It has been on the cards for a while. No one at Hull will comment.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:18 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Ah yes - but Whittingham, although useful at that psoition, is better deployed further forward.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

Whitts can also play out left, which is where he prefers playing himself.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:Sorry, I created another thread without seeing this. No, would not take a wanker that orders prostitutes to his hotel room on tour, had enough problems with chopra thank you

Why is he a wanker for doing that?

Game needs more charachters like Jimmy than these personality dead robots weve got these days.

I see Theo Walcott has a book out. Word is the boffins think they finally have a cure for Insomnia.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Fair play we have dropped some bollox's with signings in the Transfer Market, but it will take some doing to beat Hull's signing of Bullard for a £5m fee & £6m in wages in exchange for 23 games and 7 goals.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Fair play we have dropped some bollox's with signings in the Transfer Market, but it will take some doing to beat Hull's signing of Bullard for a £5m fee & £6m in wages in exchange for 23 games and 7 goals.

Winstone Bogarde to Chelsea is up there as well. Although they can afford it.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm

polo wrote:
Steve Van Halen wrote:Sorry, I created another thread without seeing this. No, would not take a wanker that orders prostitutes to his hotel room on tour, had enough problems with chopra thank you

Game needs more charachters like Jimmy than these personality dead robots weve got these days.

I see Theo Walcott has a book out. Word is the boffins think they finally have a cure for Insomnia.

Um! try turning up for training pissed as a fart :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 pm

That too!

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Igovernor wrote:
polo wrote:

Um! try turning up for training pissed as a fart :thumbup:

Gazza and Paul Merson did, and they are two of the finest talents the British game has ever seen.

Not to mention Bryan Robson and Paul Mcgrath.

:old:

Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Seems like a nobhead but no doubt he has the ability. Voted Supporters Player of the Year at Ipswich last season and he was only there for 3 months.

Is it worth the gamble and potentially unsettling the team or has the whole thing been blown out of proportion and in fact he's not as bad as he's been made out to be?

If his wage demands aren't too high I'd snap him up as soon as possible personally.