Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

good article this morning in Wales Online

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:48 am

Sort of confirms what Annis and others have been saying on here - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25777042/ - doesn't look good, it seems as if Ridsdale is going to the high court to try and renegotiate a payment plan. If so we are fucked. We have seen banners outside the ground saying "Where has all the money gone". I think we all need to be asking this question much louder. Annis said in another thread he is 40% confident it will be paid. That pretty much says it all. Wednesday could be one of the darkest days in the clubs history or it could prove to be a turning point. Personally I hope its the latter but I am worried that it will be the former.

Re: good article this morning in Wales Online

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:58 am

Yes I have started to get worried lately as Borley hasnt confirmed they have all the money, only sum of it.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 am

i really do sense bad times a head, i wonder if we do go into admin how many who have buried their heads in the sand will come out and say '' i was wrong''

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:01 am

10 point deduction here we come

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:Yes I have started to get worried lately as Borley hasnt confirmed they have all the money, only sum of it.

Which means that the club has to go cap in hand and ask for another 'payment plan'

That's f**king great considering we have already defaulted on 2 payment plans and our credability with the HMRC must be at an all time low.

Doesn't look good at all does it?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:02 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i really do sense bad times a head, i wonder if we do go into admin how many who have buried their heads in the sand will come out and say '' i was wrong''

None of them.
They'll make administration out to be a good thing. :evil:

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Yes I have started to get worried lately as Borley hasnt confirmed they have all the money, only sum of it.

Which means that the club has to go cap in hand and ask for another 'payment plan'

That's f**king great considering we have already defaulted on 2 payment plans and our credability with the HMRC must be at an all time low.

Doesn't look good at all does it?

Tony thats looking likely, I think they will offer just over half of the money owed lol

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:06 am

Annis, didn't Borley say he wouldn't let the club go under? Or does he have the same speech writer as PR ?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:07 am

offer half, we are still acumilating more tax as we speak so getting further up shit creek, i can't see any way but admin,

then that greedy b*stard will be up shit creek too

we will always be cardiff city. always :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

The inland revenue will prob give us more time, as its better for them to try get the money and not look like they just put a club under, also we have got some money to give them, PR will get his 3rd life with them in my opinion.
BUT WE HAVE TO GET RID OF HIM NOW :evil:

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:The inland revenue will prob give us more time, as its better for them to try get the money and not look like they just put a club under, also we have got some money to give them, PR will get his 3rd life with them in my opinion.

Is he going to get a third life though?
With his past history and the current failings and disappearing money in our club, I think the inland revenue have had a titful of waiting on the wanker.
It's crunch time sadly Annis.
Either way, Keep The Faith!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:The inland revenue will prob give us more time, as its better for them to try get the money and not look like they just put a club under, also we have got some money to give them, PR will get his 3rd life with them in my opinion.

On another thread there is a link explaining what happened when Ken Bates took Leeds into administration. Leeds eventually paid 8p in the £ to its creditors including the HMRC despite a legal challenge by the revenue.

Based on that the HMRC would get £216k on the £2.7m they are owed. So in theory the HMRC would be far better off accepting an apporx £1.3m down payment off us with the rest paid by a payment plan.

Of course there is an x-factor which could scupper this option and that is just how much has Ridsdale pissed them off?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Sort of confirms what Annis and others have been saying on here - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25777042/ - doesn't look good, it seems as if Ridsdale is going to the high court to try and renegotiate a payment plan. If so we are fucked. We have seen banners outside the ground saying "Where has all the money gone". I think we all need to be asking this question much louder. Annis said in another thread he is 40% confident it will be paid. That pretty much says it all. Wednesday could be one of the darkest days in the clubs history or it could prove to be a turning point. Personally I hope its the latter but I am worried that it will be the former.

I would imagine any negotiating would go on before the high court proceeding not inside the high court.
The tax people had a similar situation with Southend and demanded the full payment,the case is on going.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Ne ... 06,00.html

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:30 pm

On another thread there is a link explaining what happened when Ken Bates took Leeds into administration. Leeds eventually paid 8p in the £ to its creditors including the HMRC despite a legal challenge by the revenue.

Based on that the HMRC would get £216k on the £2.7m they are owed. So in theory the HMRC would be far better off accepting an apporx £1.3m down payment off us with the rest paid by a payment plan.

Of course there is an x-factor which could scupper this option and that is just how much has Ridsdale pissed them off?[/quote]
Which is why I don't understand the purpose in sending Ridsdale to the High Court on Cardiff Citys' behalf. Far better for the club to send someone else to represent us. Put it this way if you were representing the HMRC at the High Court on Wednesday (knowing his personal history with HMRC as well as false promises given on behalf of CCFC to HMRC) would you be offering him yet another payment plan. I certainly would not and that is why I fear the worst for us.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:41 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Of course there is an x-factor which could scupper this option and that is just how much has Ridsdale pissed them off?[/quote]
Which is why I don't understand the purpose in sending Ridsdale to the High Court on Cardiff Citys' behalf. Far better for the club to send someone else to represent us. Put it this way if you were representing the HMRC at the High Court on Wednesday (knowing his personal history with HMRC as well as false promises given on behalf of CCFC to HMRC) would you be offering him yet another payment plan. I certainly would not and that is why I fear the worst for us.

Hopefully Ridders will put on some mega spin and con the tax man into giving him £3mil in exchange for a Chelsea ticket :lol:

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 pm

I wouldn’t like to go down the road of the Ken Bates option.
It was considered that dodgy by the football league they were deducted 2 lots of points .