Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I agree with those who say

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:44 pm

we got a big stadium, we got some of the best players in this league, we got the best training facilities outside of the premier league.

But what is it worth if you got an executive team behind it all who cannot do their maths.

I got talking to a few people up at Newcastle and I was told I am negative on this board and there are a lot of positive things to have happened to Cardiff City in recent times and I should look at the positives more than the negatives.

Well I have tried as you can see in my opening statement but what good is it all if come this week the club is wound up ?

Ok I will be honest I dont think that the club will be wound up on Weds but how will the bills be paid in the not so distant future ?

The way I see it and I believe this is how it is too, we average as a club 3000-4000 paying fans at a home game and this is the clubs biggest income now but this is trying to sustain one of the biggest wage bills ( on and off the pitch ) in the championship. Guess what it is not enough, hence the state we find ourselves in.

We get no more income than most league one clubs on match days because the vast majority of our attendance are season ticket holders, but most League one clubs wont have a wage bill a third of the size of ours.

I am sure our date with HMRC on Weds wont lead to Administration but I have grave concerns about where the income will come from for wages at the end of Feb, March and so on.

Can someone, hopefully someone who spoke to me in Toon, tell me where the answer lies ?

Re: I agree with those who say

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:48 pm

there are still those mesmerised by the new stadium ''it means f**k all at the moment'' they still seem content by burying their head in cowshit

i cant believe how nieve half our supporters are

i think admin is a certainty, maybe its for the better maybe for the worse, only wednesday will tell

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm really worried mate.

The finances are in a mess.

PR needs to go, and his cronies with him.
PMG have to get a grip of the books and try to make it through to May. Then it'll be big sell-off no. 2

The only alternative - The Malaysians, I'm beginning to think that the actions above will have to take place before they get more heavily involved.

- Promotion, this really looks unlikely. And if we do go up then'yes we'll be able to pay some debts off, but we wont be able to invest much into the squad and will be straight back down.

I'm ususally pretty positive, but all I can see is the barrell of a gun at the moment.

Big changes in the next few months one way or another, but PR is now a very divisive issue and he HAS to go.

The demos need to be stepped up. I wont be involved on Tuesday as I'm treating my wife and her friend and need to look after them, but you have my full support and I'll be there next week.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:55 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:there are still those mesmerised by the new stadium ''it means f**k all at the moment'' they still seem content by burying their head in cowshit

i cant believe how nieve half our supporters are

i think admin is a certainty, maybe its for the better maybe for the worse, only wednesday will tell

There are a lot of fans who dont want to hear it, Baz but if it goes all wrong I am sure they will want to be heard then.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I'm really worried mate.

The finances are in a mess.

PR needs to go, and his cronies with him.
PMG have to get a grip of the books and try to make it through to May. Then it'll be big sell-off no. 2

The only alternative - The Malaysians, I'm beginning to think that the actions above will have to take place before they get more heavily involved.

- Promotion, this really looks unlikely. And if we do go up then'yes we'll be able to pay some debts off, but we wont be able to invest much into the squad and will be straight back down.

I'm ususally pretty positive, but all I can see is the barrell of a gun at the moment.

Big changes in the next few months one way or another, but PR is now a very divisive issue and he HAS to go.

The demos need to be stepped up. I wont be involved on Tuesday as I'm treating my wife and her friend and need to look after them, but you have my full support and I'll be there next week.

I hope Tim we can come out the other side intact and still be competing at the top end of the division.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:06 pm

sometimes you have to take two steps back to take one forward,i think we`ll cut a deal with the hmrc,but for how much longer is anyone`s guess,and if these maylasians wanted in,they would of done by now,some say they won`t invest till certain people leave the club,but ridsdsle will never leave,where the hell is he going to get empoyment?
if someone does come in and invests,then they are going to want to do it on the cheap,they are all money men at the end of the day. :evil:

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 pm

ned wrote:sometimes you have to take two steps back to take one forward,i think we`ll cut a deal with the hmrc,but for how much longer is anyone`s guess,and if these maylasians wanted in,they would of done by now,some say they won`t invest till certain people leave the club,but ridsdsle will never leave,where the hell is he going to get empoyment?
if someone does come in and invests,then they are going to want to do it on the cheap,they are all money men at the end of the day. :evil:

Ridsdale may not last after the EGM.

He may even go before it if the pressure keeps mounting.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
ned wrote:sometimes you have to take two steps back to take one forward,i think we`ll cut a deal with the hmrc,but for how much longer is anyone`s guess,and if these maylasians wanted in,they would of done by now,some say they won`t invest till certain people leave the club,but ridsdsle will never leave,where the hell is he going to get empoyment?

here`s hoping carl!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Is history about to repeat itself http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sitese ... tionId=888?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:05 pm

ned wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

here`s hoping carl!

the pressure is on and it has been said before that PR does not like to face the fans under such pressure

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:41 pm

The Malaysians dont want in yet until we are in administration, it makes sense to me,
if I were them also I would wait until admin and then get the club for nought with small
depts, quite possibly 10p in the pound owing.
Ridsdale and the crew are hoping for a stay of execution to get their money! Well f*cking hey ho
they wont and that includes Borley.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:we got a big stadium, we got some of the best players in this league, we got the best training facilities outside of the premier league.

But what is it worth if you got an executive team behind it all who cannot do their maths.

I got talking to a few people up at Newcastle and I was told I am negative on this board and there are a lot of positive things to have happened to Cardiff City in recent times and I should look at the positives more than the negatives.

Well I have tried as you can see in my opening statement but what good is it all if come this week the club is wound up ?

Ok I will be honest I dont think that the club will be wound up on Weds but how will the bills be paid in the not so distant future ?

The way I see it and I believe this is how it is too, we average as a club 3000-4000 paying fans at a home game and this is the clubs biggest income now but this is trying to sustain one of the biggest wage bills ( on and off the pitch ) in the championship. Guess what it is not enough, hence the state we find ourselves in.

We get no more income than most league one clubs on match days because the vast majority of our attendance are season ticket holders, but most League one clubs wont have a wage bill a third of the size of ours.

I am sure our date with HMRC on Weds wont lead to Administration but I have grave concerns about where the income will come from for wages at the end of Feb, March and so on.

Can someone, hopefully someone who spoke to me in Toon, tell me where the answer lies ?

We are averaging 20,000. Most league one sides are getting less that half that. All clubs get a major chunk of their money up front in the form of ST's. I think we will find that City's problems stem from them using each years' ST sales to pay the previous year's debts. That we have now have effectively spent 2 years ST money on last years' debts suggests that without investment, we WILL go into administration. And no-one is going to invest without any major income for the next 18 months.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:

The Malaysians dont want in yet until we are in administration, it makes sense to me,
if I were them also I would wait until admin and then get the club for nought with small
Ridsdale and the crew are hoping for a stay of execution to get their money! Well f*cking hey ho

It makes sense to me but I just feel this could be a risky thing for the Malaysians to do. Do they want to upset the fans when they could quite easily prevent admin and all its disadvantages. I personally dont think they are that type of people.

I think there is alot of calling each others bluff here. PR tried it with these Amercian investors and Steele against the Malaysians. The Malaysians knew these guys would not stump up. Now I think its the time of the Far Eastenders to do the bluffing.

Admin could quite easily reduce the share price of the club down to as little as 5p a share. Could go down even more. Depends on what the administrators decide on. I reckon the Malaysians will offer PR something like 10p for a share and he will jump at it. All speculation I know but feasible in my opinion.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:

Why have a dig at Borley? He's taking nothing in wages out of this club. I agree100% with on Ridsdale, I'm convinced that all he's after is a golden handshake when/if the club gets taken over. If his wages and bonuses are to beleived, he's taken IRO £1.5 million out of the club and nothing gone in.

I was talking with a few mates after the Doncaster game, and we all agreed a 10 point deduction would be better now rather than go into admin in the summer and start next season with a 10 point defecit. We'd only drop to about 11th or 12th( or at least we would have after the Doncaster game).

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:

It makes sense to me but I just feel this could be a risky thing for the Malaysians to do. Do they want to upset the fans when they could quite easily prevent admin and all its disadvantages. I personally dont think they are that type of people.

I think there is alot of calling each others bluff here. PR tried it with these Amercian investors and Steele against the Malaysians. The Malaysians knew these guys would not stump up. Now I think its the time of the Far Eastenders to do the bluffing.

Admin could quite easily reduce the share price of the club down to as little as 5p a share. Could go down even more. Depends on what the administrators decide on. I reckon the Malaysians will offer PR something like 10p for a share and he will jump at it. All speculation I know but feasible in my opinion.

Administration would reduce the value of shares down to zero , not 5p . Creditors would receive a fraction of what they are owed , and shareholders rank lower than creditors in an insolvency.

The reward for the Malaysians in trying to buy the club out of Administration would be the lower price to be paid. The risk is that they might not be the successful bidder with more bidders likely as the price drops. If they buy the club before it is forced into an insolvency procedure , they can at least guarantee they can acquire it - I suspect that current negotiations are all about price.