Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fao TLG

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi iv been sent this way by Annis as im trying to find out ANY info on my grandad's footballing career GRAHAM MOORE, Annis said you were the man to ask and i would be massively greatful if you no of anywhere to look, any links, or places where i might find any info about his career with Cardiff and Wales. Many thanks Gareth Moore

Re: Fao TLG

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:08 pm

I can tell you he was born on march 7 1941 :D

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 pm

lol that i do know myself as he is still with us, but he doesn't talk about football much or at least his own career and im trying to find as much as poss for my own peice of mind and also to be able to do a kind of scrapbook for him so any help what so ever is much appreciated. :-D

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Here you go, pic too!

http://search.intelius.com/Graham-Moore-(footballer)

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Just found quite a few good links through google. No point posting them all up, as there were loads

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... =&aq=f&oq=

Quite a few old match reports too, most of the first two pages of results are pretty good. Didn't go much further than that!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 pm

garethmoore1983 wrote:lol that i do know myself as he is still with us, but he doesn't talk about football much or at least his own career and im trying to find as much as poss for my own peice of mind and also to be able to do a kind of scrapbook for him so any help what so ever is much appreciated. :-D

sorry Gareth

Here you go mate heres the link to wiki which you prob have already seen but just in case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Moore_(footballer)

also there is book about city players :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:43 pm

garethmoore1983 wrote:Hi iv been sent this way by Annis as im trying to find out ANY info on my grandad's footballing career GRAHAM MOORE, Annis said you were the man to ask and i would be massively greatful if you no of anywhere to look, any links, or places where i might find any info about his career with Cardiff and Wales. Many thanks Gareth Moore

He played for Manchester United and Chelsea.... very impressive!

Why don't you just ask him?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Carl ccfc why you laughin lol , dont get ya on that bud. :? Thanks for the info but yeah i have most of that hahaha but thanks anyway, was just kind of hopin you had any stats or if i can find any somewhere, what type of player he was n that. Thanks people for any help anyway

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Here if you're interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Graham-Moore-Manc ... 19b7e97783

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 pm

I have asked him myself bigbluebird, but he doesn't really talk about it to be honest for some reason and i dont think he can remember it all tbh. Yeah Cardiff, man u, chelski, northampton Charlton and Wales dont think iv left anyone out there, i no so much im just trying to find as much as possible and i no i wont find it overnight as iv been lookin for about 4 or 5 month now . ;)

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:55 pm

ha nice one am sure he' appreciate that pic lol. Thanks bigbluebird n love the profile pic by the way :-D

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 pm

garethmoore1983 wrote: what type of player he was n that. Thanks people for any help anyway

It's an eye catcher!!

A cultured midfielder....it says

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Defo an eye catcher haha, Nice one cheers bud thanks for ur time :-)

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 pm

garethmoore1983 wrote:I have asked him myself bigbluebird, but he doesn't really talk about it to be honest for some reason and i dont think he can remember it all tbh. Yeah Cardiff, man u, chelski, northampton Charlton and Wales dont think iv left anyone out there, i no so much im just trying to find as much as possible and i no i wont find it overnight as iv been lookin for about 4 or 5 month now . ;)

Have you thought about contacting the clubs themselves? they may have old contracts, signing on forms, something....

Try Manchester they have a good history and will have kept some things maybe

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah nice one thanks for that duno why i never thought about that to be honest, cheers will try that

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Have you seen his goal against the Villa the last time we were promoted to Division 1.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:05 pm

garethmoore1983 wrote:Yeah nice one thanks for that duno why i never thought about that to be honest, cheers will try that

You're welcome mate! :ayatollah:

Give this :ayatollah: to your bamps!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:10 pm

davdil wrote:Have you seen his goal against the Villa the last time we were promoted to Division 1.

Link?

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
garethmoore1983 wrote: what type of player he was n that. Thanks people for any help anyway

It's an eye catcher!!

A cultured midfielder....it says

thats right good on the ball.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
davdil wrote:Have you seen his goal against the Villa the last time we were promoted to Division 1.

Link?

its on a video the city brought out years ago.
ive lost it.
also on it was the john lewis goal provided by dave bennet when we won the last home game to go up under frank burrows.

perhaps if anyone has it its well worth putting on u tube.
it was a cracking volley from the edge of the box
the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck as i type this.
city 1-villa 0 we were in the promised land.i was 8 ,please god help us et there again.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:56 pm

garethmoore1983 wrote:Hi iv been sent this way by Annis as im trying to find out ANY info on my grandad's footballing career GRAHAM MOORE, Annis said you were the man to ask and i would be massively greatful if you no of anywhere to look, any links, or places where i might find any info about his career with Cardiff and Wales. Many thanks Gareth Moore

picgmoore.jpg
Graham Moore
An inside forward come centre forward who was spotted in Cardiff amateur football, and snapped up on professional terms while he was still only 17 years old. He produced a number of impressive reserve team displays so found himself with a first team debut a few months later, and scored in the final minute of the game. He was a player of a typical centre forward physique but with the skills to operate in the inside forward positions, a combination which allowed him to play what was at the time a highly unusual role, a deep lying centre forward, and it was from this strategy that he scored 4 goals in City's trial match in 1959. Hugely impressive in City's 1959-60 promotion campaign, he won the first of his 21 Wales international caps, and scored on his debut against England at Ninian Park. It also fell to him to score the vital winner against Aston Villa with a spectacular volley that put City back into the First Division at the end of the 1959-60 season. However, with he and City doing well in the top flight, for some unaccountable reason, when Tommy Docherty offered a £35,000 cheque for his services, City took the money and yet again another talented City discovery left the club. Strange to relate, Chelsea were relegated at the end of the season, and as City went down the following season, Chelsea passed them on the way back up. A move to Manchester United transpired for him in November 1963, following his 68 League appearances plus 13 goals for Chelsea, and another £35,000 transfer fee. He was never a success there, and in 2 seasons played just 18 League matches with 3 goals, before moving on to the then up and coming Northampton Town in December 1965. He managed 53 League matches for them with another 10 goals, and as Northampton started their freefall back down through the League, he left for Charlton Athletic in June 1967. By now he was playing a midfield role, and went on to play 110 League matches for Charlton before his final move to Doncaster Rovers in September 1971. His final 3 seasons resulted in 69 more League matches with 3 goals, before he entered the licencing trade in Yorkshire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 pm

Phone the clubs media department and ask to speak to Richard Sheppard, great historian on all things CCFC, he'll have all the info for you.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:25 am

davdil wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

Link?

its on a video the city brought out years ago.
ive lost it.
also on it was the john lewis goal provided by dave bennet when we won the last home game to go up under frank burrows.

perhaps if anyone has it its well worth putting on u tube.
it was a cracking volley from the edge of the box
the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck as i type this.
city 1-villa 0 we were in the promised land.i was 8 ,please god help us et there again.

was the video called the official history of cardiff city? if it was i have a copy.