Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I REALLY HOPE THAT WHAT HE SAID COMES TRUE

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:39 pm

That it will be all sorted and they he would never let it happen(Steve Borley), us go in to Administration as I am starting to worry and its not looking Good. Borley Please dont let this Great Club go down the pan :cry: :cry: :cry:

Re: I REALLY HOPE THAT WHAT HE SAID COMES TRUE

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:41 pm

who will the final decision of goin into administration depend on annis?

is it risdale or borley? or both? im clueless with this side of football

hope u have caught up on your sleep aswell mate! u looked shattered on the bus when i was talking to you lol! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:45 pm

As the hours tick by I am hoping behind the scenes it is a picture of chaos sorting everything by the deadline!!!

How can they let everything the club has strived for over the decades go down the pan - stay positive that this will ride out :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

It looks like a gamble, a very big gamble, that hasn't come off, Jez.

Disgraceful, really, what these people are doing to our club

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:53 pm

I think we can safely say that the club will not be turning up on HMRC's doorstep tomorrow with a cheque for £2.7million.

However, that is the only scenario that sees us safe, all other options that the club are considering will be highly risky. HMRC will not be happy with another 'deal' that PR could fail to stick to AGAIN.

My fear is that PR thinks he can talk his way out of any situation and if he is going to court on Wednesday to charm the judges and HMRC I think it is a foolhardy tactic.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Wayne, no deal would be struck in court. It would be struck before the court appearance...

And no, I can'ty see any way HMRC would agree to a deal without conclusive 100% guaran-damn-teed [roof of payment ASAP. Any goodwill has been blown up...

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:30 pm

nerd wrote:Wayne, no deal would be struck in court. It would be struck before the court appearance...

And no, I can'ty see any way HMRC would agree to a deal without conclusive 100% guaran-damn-teed [roof of payment ASAP. Any goodwill has been blown up...

Sorry, yeah it would not get to that stage.

This begs the question, what is the court case for? Is it purely to decide whether a business is wound up or given the chance of administration?

It's not as if the judge can come down in the favour of the business and throw out the HMRC case. So if it gets to court we've had it?

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Wayne S wrote:
nerd wrote:Wayne, no deal would be struck in court. It would be struck before the court appearance...

This begs the question, what is the court case for? Is it purely to decide whether a business is wound up or given the chance of administration?

It's not as if the judge can come down in the favour of the business and throw out the HMRC case. So if it gets to court we've had it?

The court hearing has only one purpose - to consider whether or not the club should be wound up (i.e. put into liquidation).To avoid being wound up the club has to show that it has already paid the debt being claimed by HMRC or provide confirmation that HMRC have agreed to a deferral (unlikely considering PR misled them over the first winding up petition).

Administration is a different thing altogether and requires a totally seperate procedure involving the courts.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:12 pm

since62 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

The court hearing has only one purpose - to consider whether or not the club should be wound up (i.e. put into liquidation).To avoid being wound up the club has to show that it has already paid the debt being claimed by HMRC or provide confirmation that HMRC have agreed to a deferral (unlikely considering PR misled them over the first winding up petition).

Administration is a different thing altogether and requires a totally seperate procedure involving the courts.

So an agreement will have to be reached between CCFC and HMRC before the hearing takes place or we will be wound up? not looking good then is it?

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 pm

We have several scenarios (1) We pay the bill in full (2) WE reach an agreement with HMRC (3)WE enter Administration before the Court hearing on Wednesday. There is another possibility ie we are liquidated. The secured creditors will not allow that to happen.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 pm

since62 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

So, without a deal being struck with HMRC by close of business tomorrow, we will be in administration by kick-off? To me, there is no other outcome

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm

OnceaBluebird wrote:We have several scenarios (1) We pay the bill in full (2) WE reach an agreement with HMRC (3)WE enter Administration before the Court hearing on Wednesday. There is another possibility ie we are liquidated. The secured creditors will not allow that to happen.

Can you imagine if the the club puts itself into admin tomorrow? That prospect is unbearable. We have a game tomorrow night. can you imagine the atmosphere tomorrow night?

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:38 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
OnceaBluebird wrote:We have several scenarios (1) We pay the bill in full (2) WE reach an agreement with HMRC (3)WE enter Administration before the Court hearing on Wednesday. There is another possibility ie we are liquidated. The secured creditors will not allow that to happen.

Can you imagine if the the club puts itself into admin tomorrow? That prospect is unbearable. We have a game tomorrow night. can you imagine the atmosphere tomorrow night?

Well a win will see us only 4 points of the play-offs. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:40 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Funnily enough, it doesn't seem to be affecting Crystal Palace's performances on the pitch, ,even though they have also lost their best player in the transfer window!

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:

Funnily enough, it doesn't seem to be affecting Crystal Palace's performances on the pitch, ,even though they have also lost their best player in the transfer window!

They do have one of the best motivators there is on the sidelines mind you. He always gets the best out of his teams. Let's be fair they would only be 2 points behind us had they not had 10 points deducted.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

In the short term we cannot lose any players, so our position after a ten point deduction will be false, a couple of wins and we will be right up there again.

Is it wrong to WISH for administration? :twisted: I know it is but you do wonder if it will make things clearer and get rid of the leaches in the club.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm

i am having this horrid thought too, perhaps it would be the best option, what does everyone think

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 pm

rorkes drift wrote:i am having this horrid thought too, perhaps it would be the best option, what does everyone think

its a hard one, and makes you think.