Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SORRY BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW WE HAVE

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

GONE FORWARD IN THE NEW STADIUM, Since We left NINIAN PARK.

Most Fans including players Dont even like the flat pack/ikea stadium.
We could of put 24,000 Seats in Ninian Park I asked the Council Today/Safety Officer Today.
And if we had had money could eventually have been 28,000 .

I KNOW I AM BIASED, I JUST HATE THE NEW STADIUM, Sorry just my opinion.

Re: SORRY BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW WE HAVE

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm

we haven't we are more in the poo than ever, and riddler said "when i took over the club was close to going under" and "things have improved"

well they aint, we are in more trouble than ever and ever5yday he's in charge is another bit deeper

we are stuck now with that crap, i bet riddler is loving it!

takes our home, takes our money and now taking our club

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm a bit torn on the new stadium Annis.I love not queing for a beer or a piss,I like the fact you can watch a game if theres one on,on a plasma tv,I like not queing to get in and so on.However,I absolutely HATE the atmosphere,its shite.I always said its about the fans who are in it,not the stadium,but so far I am wrong.

I think the Jacks game will show what noise can be made,but it will be a one off.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Its not the stadium Annis its the clowns running it. How would the atmo be at Ninian if they moved you all out of A block and lower Grandstand and put you in the canton , and put the families in the Grandstand. And put a bigger gap in the old Grange end. Yes the atmo would of been shit. If you do the obvious at the CCS then i bet you the atmo would be rocking.
Oh by the way it was good to meet you last Friday Chief.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Corkrey wrote:I'm a bit torn on the new stadium Annis.I love not queing for a beer or a piss,I like the fact you can watch a game if theres one on,on a plasma tv,I like not queing to get in and so on.However,I absolutely HATE the atmosphere,its shite.I always said its about the fans who are in it,not the stadium,but so far I am wrong.

I think the Jacks game will show what noise can be made,but it will be a one off.

I am definatley with you on the que's for the toilet - however the beers you still have to but just leave 3 mins before 1/2 time and watch on the tv's sorted - i do prefer the fact you can meet up with people from the canton stand and the ninian stand what ever row you sit in!

There is no atmosphere - but that with all good intentions can be built on - so long as the fans are happy - right now with all the crap goin on with money and the fact we may not have a club next week does not help with us getting into the game for full 90 mins!

The heart and soul will never be there - that sadly has been lost and the close proximaty to the pitch :cry:

HOWEVER fter going to Peterborough at the start of the season i stood there and thought THIS is what N.P. would look like if it was built on and to me not the best effort BUT I would have preferred that to the debt and shit we are in now!

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm 100% behind CCS.

1.Better view
2. No queue for a piss
3. Short queue for a beer
4. Quick access
5. Quick exit
6. Better ticket office
7. Better club shop

The atmosphere is poor, however I hate to say it but thats down to us fans. There's too much separation and too many 'fans' who are happy to sit down with a cup of tea for 75mins then piss off early.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:04 pm

the roof dont like and I no longer have and RSJ blocking my view, little queue for beer / piss I believe the atmos will improve in time but the the big black cloud we have at the moment does not help

I also think that we will attract more families / younger kids which we wil be of benefit as many of this will become fans rather than plastic prems

we got under soi............

if you sit in the first row you can see players shorter than 5 ft if they play on the other wing

Sack

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:13 pm

the new stadium is fine, just that the majority of fans are quiet

canton is meant to be the loud section but where i sit theres only about 20 odd voices most of the time

the potential for a great atmosphere is definitely there

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Could never understand the logic that said we would benefit so much from the new stadium.

Few clubs with new stadia have have a greatly positive effect on the team. Look at Coventry, Doncaster, Huddersfield - hardly setting the world alight from their new stadiums are they? As for Southampton, the move to St Mary's saw them start on a slippery slope which led to administration last season and a struggle to get out of League One this year.

Even Arsenal have hardly set the world alight from their new stadium (relatively speaking :lol: )

Like everything else during the Riddler era the gamble was that we would get to the premiership and fill the new stadium every week. The Premier club was yet another monumental cock up and to see those seats mostly empty every game is most depressing.

We should have waited until we got to the Premiership BEFORE worrying about a new stadium not vice versa.

Yet another example of Ridsdale putting the very expensive cart before the horse.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Corkrey wrote:I'm a bit torn on the new stadium Annis.I love not queing for a beer or a piss,I like the fact you can watch a game if theres one on,on a plasma tv,I like not queing to get in and so on.However,I absolutely HATE the atmosphere,its shite.I always said its about the fans who are in it,not the stadium,but so far I am wrong.

Corkery, I agree under neath the stands its a lot lot better you cant compare, but once above I hate it.