Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

boring boring cardiff

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:17 pm

So dissapointed. when mm was recruited i was really looking forward to our new style. after all his watford team were gun ho abd full of attacking flair as we saw in our two games last season.

Hes just put a team of workhorses together at city. no flair, no pace, no entertainment.

He will get time to put it right but so far a little dissapointed.

Re: boring boring cardiff

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

:roll:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Rome was not built in a day mate

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:23 pm

earnieblue wrote:Rome was not built in a day mate

We are not trying to build a capital city just some entertaining football.

Fed up already of this in malkay we trust bollocks his signings have been naive to say the least.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Boring Boring polo.....

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Polo, I know you were and are a big Dave Jones fan, but remember Jones had millions to give players in wages and what did we win, f**k all.
Jones got paid nearly a mill in wages with his bonus.

Malky is on peanuts compared to him and been given peanuts compared to what DJ had to give players.

We now have a team of fighters/passion/never say die and a team that want to play for us and our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Would you rather City playing entertaining football and losing 5-4 or boring and winning 1-0....I know which I would prefer!!! :D

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:27 pm

FFS give the guy a chance,have we spent millions? No you can only work with the tools you have got we are in the top 6 with a small squad,lets wait and see yea

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Mentioned much the same earlier,one up front at home is so negative.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Polo, I know you were and are a big DAve Jones fan, but remember Jones had millions to give players in wages and what did we win, f**k all.
Jones got paid nearly a mill in wages with his bonus.

Malky is on peanuts compared to him and been given peanuts compared to what DJ had to give players.

We now have a team of fighters/passion/never say die and a team that want to play for us and our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am not a big dj fan, just appreciate the level he took this club to whilst you haters blame him for everything including the weak as piss beer at the ccs.

Considering we didnt v no fight undervjones as u claim we fidnt half win somr games.

Each to their own but give me a jason bowen over a gareth ainsworth any day of the week.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:34 pm

polo wrote:

Fed up already of this in malkay we trust bollocks his signings have been naive to say the least.

1 loss in 11 whats the prob with that, i'm watching a team that is 110% committed unlike last season.3/4 new players and top 6 at the end of the season, some people are never happy :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:35 pm

KP1964 wrote:Would you rather City playing entertaining football and losing 5-4 or boring and winning 1-0....I know which I would prefer!!! :D

Would rather won one and lose two goalfests than play negative and draw every game.

Im just a bit surprised. this was not malkys philosophy at watford.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:37 pm

since 64 wrote:Mentioned much the same earlier,one up front at home is so negative.

There are plenty of teams that play a lone striker at home, doesnt make it negative. We dominated Blackpool with this formation so Malky decided to keep the formation and see if we could pull it off again. It didnt work but are we really to criticise this when we slated DJ so badly for a rigid 4-4-2?

Malky has the balls to do something different and that in itself deserves respect :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:

1 loss in 11 whats the prob with that, i'm watching a team that is 110% committed unlike last season.3/4 new players and top 6 at the end of the season, some people are never happy :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carry on like we are and we wont be anywhere near top six. 1 up front at home. do me a favour. say what u like about jones he always went for it at home. cracking home record under jones.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:42 pm

LWay wrote:
since 64 wrote:Mentioned much the same earlier,one up front at home is so negative.

There are plenty of teams that play a lone striker at home, doesnt make it negative. We dominated Blackpool with this formation so Malky decided to keep the formation and see if we could pull it off again. It didnt work but are we really to criticise this when we slated DJ so badly for a rigid 4-4-2?

Malky has the balls to do something different and that in itself deserves respect :ayatollah:

It worked, we didn't lose and no goals conceded.

polo wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:

Carry on like we are and we wont be anywhere near top six. 1 up front at home. do me a favour. say what u like about jones he always went for it at home. cracking home record under jones.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 162739.stm My fav game when Jones 'went'for it' and played 1 up front. :lol: Also dropping our most in form player (Burke) at the time.

Agree with polo.

MM is building a team, Something Jones never done.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:43 pm

LWay wrote:

Its ok playon one up top if we had two supporting bombing on but we dont cos we got no pace. our biggest attacking threat wad supet kev ffs. can bomb on but couldnt pick out a vanessa feltz in a room full of anorexia.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Kanester wrote:MM is building a team, Something Jones never done.

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:44 pm

polo wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:

Where were you at the end of last season, "allways went for it" :? :? FFS mate open your eyes :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
LWay wrote:

Exactly. Todays game was a game of midfield. Leicester have always played a very direct game and Malky packed the midfield to try and out play them, granted it didnt work as best as it could have in the form of us winning but the players held Leicester out and forced them to change their style of play. Would NEVER have seen that under DJ

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
LWay wrote:

What? It workef ? Is nil.nil our aim at home then?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 pm

polo wrote:Its ok playon one up top if we had two supporting bombing on but we dont cos we got no pace. our biggest attacking threat wad supet kev ffs. can bomb on but couldnt pick out a vanessa feltz in a room full of anorexia.

Conway is pacey, ok he's not Burke quick but at least he can deliver the ball in, Cowie then aswell is also quite pacey and technically gifted on the ball. You dont need pace to win a game, did we ever look effective with Kelivin Etuhu running down the wing?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hahaha. he only built a team every year and got us challenging every year.
Would rather a team of entertaining big time charlies than a team of boring workhorses.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 pm

0-0 at home is hardly a disaster, playing a Leicester team who spend more on matt mills than we have under MM.

Was it boring? First half yes, second half I enjoyed.
Then again 90mins at Blackpool we were excellent.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:52 pm

polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Would rather a team of entertaining big time charlies than a team of boring workhorses.

Sorry but you have a blinkered view of DJ, at least with Malky we have a chance of winning or getting something out of a game at the death, we never had that with DJ

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

polo wrote:So dissapointed. when mm was recruited i was really looking forward to our new style. after all his watford team were gun ho abd full of attacking flair as we saw in our two games last season.

Hes just put a team of workhorses together at city. no flair, no pace, no entertainment.

He will get time to put it right but so far a little dissapointed.

Prick

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry but you have a blinkered view of DJ, at least with Malky we have a chance of winning or getting something out of a game at the death, we never had that with DJ

Correct, DJ Shit him self every year on the final hurdle, BOTTLED IT END OF with millions spent on wages.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No we had usually won at home by the last min under jones
Last edited by polo on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.