Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF OUR VERY DARK TUNNEL

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:34 pm

I spoke to Borley while he is in Sonta Ponsa, I am not going to go on about everything he said, as thats unfair to him, but he is keeping me believing we will get there sooner than later.
Positives he said was he cant wait for EGM on Feb 24th :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
The Malaysians are still very much on board, I do not want to cause trouble, So I will say My belief once PR is gone they will be fully on board within 7 days. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF OUR VERY DARK TUNNEL

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:36 pm

So the Malaysians will be on board by 3rd March - 7 days after the EGM??

Let's hope so.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:39 pm

croesybluebird wrote:So the Malaysians will be on board by 3rd March - 7 days after the EGM??

Let's hope so.

I would love to say what I have been told, but like I say its not as black as we all think once PR has gone.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:So the Malaysians will be on board by 3rd March - 7 days after the EGM??

Let's hope so.

I would love to say what I have been told, but like I say its not as black as we all think once PR has gone.

I've met woman like you, you tease lol :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Let's hope so.

I've met woman like you, you tease lol :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Annis - what do you think that the outcome of the EGM might be ?

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Annis - what do you think that the outcome of the EGM might be ?

PR will be shown for what he really is and will loose his temper, I have seen it before from him,I hope a Vote of No confidence is said, well it will be by me anyway.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm

If he gets the vote of no confidence, will we have to pay him off?

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I spoke to Borley while he is in Sonta Ponsa, I am not going to go on about everything he said, as thats unfair to him, but he is keeping me believing we will get there sooner than later.
The Malaysians are still very much on board, I do not want to cause trouble, So I will say My belief once PR is gone they will be fully on board within 7 days. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wasn't far out when I said this last night then :lol: :ayatollah: -

I believe this will be the course of events in the coming weeks. We will avoid Administration tomorrow and come to agreement with HMRC to pay off the remainder. On the 24th there will be an EGM to approve the land deal and If Ridsdale is not gone by then will be voted off the board. The Malaysians will then make their offer which will be accepted. We wil then sign 3 or 4 players in the loan window. We will get 2nd place in the Chamionship behind Newcastle. Ever the optimist me Not a drop has passed my lips honest guv and I aint been smoking funny stuff either

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I spoke to Borley while he is in Sonta Ponsa, I am not going to go on about everything he said, as thats unfair to him, but he is keeping me believing we will get there sooner than later.

I wasn't far out when I said this last night then :lol: :ayatollah: -

I believe this will be the course of events in the coming weeks. We will avoid Administration tomorrow and come to agreement with HMRC to pay off the remainder. On the 24th there will be an EGM to approve the land deal and If Ridsdale is not gone by then will be voted off the board. The Malaysians will then make their offer which will be accepted. We wil then sign 3 or 4 players in the loan window. We will get 2nd place in the Chamionship behind Newcastle. Ever the optimist me Not a drop has passed my lips honest guv and I aint been smoking funny stuff either

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Every dog has his day, the 24th can't come soon enough :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Ridsdale has always stated that he will not leave until his job is done! If the Malaysians want to proceed without him then why is he staying, as his job would be done? (If that is his job or is it to put us under) Don't mean to doubt anyone i'm just after some good news. (Fed up of seeing apparant e-mails to and from Datuk Chan as well)

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 pm

2nd you are having a laugh ain't you I was thinking we will finish 1st :) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Hopefully we will see some good news in the next few weeks,

but I still don't buy the story that the Malaysians are waiting for Ridsdale to go. It just doesn't make sense.
If it were true Ridsdale himself would probably even stand down, as it would mean he would get his return on his shares and the fans would be happy the club has been taken over and our short term problems would be sorted.
Also, if it were true that they were only waiting on Ridsdale then the rest of the board would have seen it best to get rid of Ridsdale, as again they would be able to make money no their shares and the threat of administration would be gone.
If the malaysians wanted him out so badly it wouldn't be hard for them to get rid of him either.

This isn't neccesarily in response to your post Annis, but my opinion in general to all of the posts about the Malaysians.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:24 pm

CF11 wrote:Hopefully we will see some good news in the next few weeks,

but I still don't buy the story that the Malaysians are waiting for Ridsdale to go. It just doesn't make sense.
If it were true Ridsdale himself would probably even stand down, as it would mean he would get his return on his shares and the fans would be happy the club has been taken over and our short term problems would be sorted.
Also, if it were true that they were only waiting on Ridsdale then the rest of the board would have seen it best to get rid of Ridsdale, as again they would be able to make money no their shares and the threat of administration would be gone.
If the malaysians wanted him out so badly it wouldn't be hard for them to get rid of him either.

This isn't neccesarily in response to your post Annis, but my opinion in general to all of the posts about the Malaysians.

It doen't necessarily follow that Ridsdale would get a return on his shares. Let's say the Malaysians take all of the shares except those owned by PR. They then have a new share issue by investing more money into the club thus marginalising PR's interest. They can then sit back and leave him as a very minor shareholder. Didn't something like this happen around the timeSam arrived or left? Can't remember which but I recall that SB's percentage shareholding was reduced.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:30 pm

CF11 wrote:Hopefully we will see some good news in the next few weeks,

No probs,
PR wants 45p a share, they want to give about 12p.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 pm

would the other share holders be happy with 12p instead of 45p shares

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:58 pm

boyosback wrote:would the other share holders be happy with 12p instead of 45p shares

I reckon so as long as Guy gets his £9 mill back Borley gets his few million owed to him on top of the shares.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
boyosback wrote:would the other share holders be happy with 12p instead of 45p shares

I reckon so as long as Guy gets his £9 mill back Borley gets his few million owed to him on top of the shares.

What would the total investment be based on that then? Somewhere around £30m ?

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If we go into admin they would get a lot less than 12p per share so I would imagine yes all shareholders apart from Ridsdale would bite their hands off :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What would the total investment be based on that then? Somewhere around £30m ?

Don't forget that the debt owed to Sam does not require immediate reyment. The same may go for some of the other money( SB is said not to be insisting on immediate repayment) so the initial amount is likely to be less than half of the figure you suggest.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 pm

CF11 wrote:but I still don't buy the story that the Malaysians are waiting for Ridsdale to go. It just doesn't make sense.

TBH I don't think people realise just how much Ridsdale has invested in those shares. He owns just over 10% of the club which was valued at £9.6m when he bought in, meaning his total investment was initially worth around £1m.

£500,000 (or half his share holding) came from the famous bonus paid in 2007 the rest was paid in cash as his contribution to the January 2007 takeover where several investors (including Steve Borley & Paul Guy) put in £500,000 each.

The Land Registry shows that on 29th September 2006 (just a month before Sam said he was standing down as Chairman at the Norwich game) Peter Ridsdale remortgaged his home in Lancashire. Unfortunately the LR doesn’t give specific figures but IMO PR used his home as collateral to raise his £500,000 share.

If the club went into Admin or the Malaysian's took over by paying only 10p per share then Ridsdale would stand to lose a huge amount of money and that's on top of his problems with WH Sports.

Therefore his reluctance to leave the club and his attempts sell his shares at 45p each starts to make sense.

Personally I hope the Malaysians do buy in and at even less than 10p a share.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Genuinely don't believe PR will go or the Malaysians will be on board, it's been every fortnight we're hearing of this, that and it all leads to nothing.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:08 pm

Correct alex, all this spin is about people protecting they investments, its a load of lies to buy time and to stop us protesting

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 pm

I reckon we will be alright, Borely seems convinced and I trust him !

We have a power sruggle with the Malaysians holding the trump card !!!

Sooner or later the price of share can be agreed before Administration (or too many people stand to lose out) and the malaysians will invest at nearer to 12P per share than 45p...................

I hope anyway :roll: :roll: :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:I reckon we will be alright, Borely seems convinced and I trust him !

We have a power sruggle with the Malaysians holding the trump card !!!

Sooner or later the price of share can be agreed before Administration (or too many people stand to lose out) and the malaysians will invest at nearer to 12P per share than 45p...................

I hope anyway :roll: :roll: :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats about right :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:56 pm

i dont think our mr ridsdsle will go that easy somehow, he is going to be the biggest obstacle in the way of a good outcome.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Do you think Sam would accept the deal?

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Speedy Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Do you think Sam would accept the deal?

Sam has already accepted a deal.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 pm

I reckon so as long as Guy gets his £9 mill back Borley gets his few million owed to him on top of the shares.[/quote]

Do you think Sam would accept the deal?[/quote]

Sam has already accepted a deal.[/quote]

Is the deal that Sam has accepted from the Malaysians ?