Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAYBE JUST MAYBE IT REALLY IS OUR

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm

YEAR to go up, as every time this season we have a bad result or so we still keep grinding out other results and sometimes not playing that well . There is NO PRESSURE ON DJ or THE PLAYERS Funny enough thanks but no thanks to the riddler.
I still cant believe were 4th, you really never know, we really could make it. What do you think, I Guarantee we will make it if he gives Fenney a few starts :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: MAYBE JUST MAYBE IT REALLY IS OUR

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:YEAR to go up, as every time this season we have a bad result or so we still keep grinding out other results and sometimes not playing that well . There is NO PRESSURE ON DJ or THE PLAYERS Funny enough thanks but no thanks to the riddler.
I still cant believe were 4th, you really never know, we really could make it. What do you think, I Guarantee we will make it if he gives Fenney a few starts :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

7 more wins and a few draws to garantee play offs.

You never know.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:18 pm

I fancy an all Welsh Play off Final :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Ross Young wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:YEAR to go up, as every time this season we have a bad result or so we still keep grinding out other results and sometimes not playing that well . There is NO PRESSURE ON DJ or THE PLAYERS Funny enough thanks but no thanks to the riddler.

7 more wins and a few draws to garantee play offs.

You never know.

I am finally starting to believe we have a chance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
There is NO PRESSURE ON US.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:20 pm

The next couple of weeks will shape out future, if we pay by the 8th, ridsdale leaves and the malaysians invest I could see us making the top 2. But if we don't pay it's another season of mid table shit.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:22 pm

I still cant believe were 4th, you really never know, we really could make it. What do you think, I Guarantee we will make it difficult for our selves if he gives Fenney a few starts :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry Annis, I just couldnt help it :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:30 pm

ccfclover wrote:
I still cant believe were 4th, you really never know, we really could make it. What do you think, I Guarantee we will make it difficult for our selves if he gives Fenney a few starts :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry Annis, I just couldnt help it :lol:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Ridsdale gone and we go up....................now that would be something :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would love it if we do :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Cardiff City v West Brom LOSS
Cardiff City v Barnsley WIN
Preston NE v Cardiff City WIN
Cardiff City v Middlesbrough DRAW
Ipswich v Cardiff City DRAW
Leicester v Cardiff City LOSS
Coventry v Cardiff City WIN
Cardiff City v Watford WIN
Cardiff City v Sheff Utd DRAW
C Palace v Cardiff City LOSS
Cardiff City v Leicester DRAW
Cardiff City v Swansea City DRAW
Nottm Forest v Cardiff City LOSS
Cardiff City v Reading WIN
QPR v Cardiff City DRAW
Cardiff City v Sheff Weds WIN
Derby v Cardiff City DRAW

Obviously not what my heart says but honest opinion... total - 74 pts

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm

And worryingly exactly what we finished on last season :oops: :|

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:49 pm

I also think that we could do it :ayatollah: Players seem to have the bit between their teeth.

Could do with a bit of luck on the injury front though :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm

all depends on how many points we lose if the worse happens. :evil:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:56 pm

MAT01 wrote:Cardiff City v West Brom LOSS - Win
Cardiff City v Barnsley WIN - Draw
Preston NE v Cardiff City WIN - Loss
Cardiff City v Middlesbrough DRAW - Win
Ipswich v Cardiff City DRAW - Loss
Leicester v Cardiff City LOSS - Draw
Coventry v Cardiff City WIN - Draw
Cardiff City v Watford WIN - Win
Cardiff City v Sheff Utd DRAW - Win
C Palace v Cardiff City LOSS - Win
Cardiff City v Leicester DRAW - Draw
Cardiff City v Swansea City DRAW - Win
Nottm Forest v Cardiff City LOSS - Draw
Cardiff City v Reading WIN - Win
QPR v Cardiff City DRAW - Win
Cardiff City v Sheff Weds WIN - Win
Derby v Cardiff City DRAW - Loss

Obviously not what my heart says but honest opinion... total - 74 pts

80 pts by me! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 pm

rob wrote:all depends on how many points we lose if the worse happens. :evil:

28 days to find ow much? Plus wages other bills etc......... :evil:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 pm

its the worst ive seen us play for years but we are getting results im with you we are going up :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

its the worst ive seen us play for years but we are getting results im with you we are going up :lol:

We've always played pretty decent looking football, but couldn't grind the results we needed. In the past the ugly footballing teams that manage to grind out important results are the one's that end up finishing near the top. It looks as if we've started to do this, and have come back to win some pretty important games this season.
Depending on the midfield situation, and what injuries we have I still think we can finish in the top 6

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

The defence is inconsistant to say the least and midfield is full of injuries.

I think the keeper is the most consistant we have had for years and is worth loads of points.

Our Strikers are class, they miss a load but like Andy Cole keep getting chances.

We have top drawer wingers/wide midfielders.

A bit more luck with injuries I think we can do it !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 am

Bluebina wrote:The defence is inconsistant to say the least and midfield is full of injuries.

I think the keeper is the most consistant we have had for years and is worth loads of points.

Our Strikers are class, they miss a load but like Andy Cole keep getting chances.

We have top drawer wingers/wide midfielders.

A bit more luck with injuries I think we can do it !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That is the key.

For all the McPhail is brilliant and the Chopra/Bothroyd partnership overhype, the cruical part of our team is wide midfield and espeically Peter Whittingham.

He might go missing for much of the game but he does pop up with passes and crosses which are top notch. He has 18 goals and added 2 assists to that on Tuesday night.

He is has able support from Burke and McCormack with both chipping in with goals.

If we are to do it, then our wide players are vital.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 am

wez 1927 wrote:

Just look at some of the teams that have gone up in recent years, apart from WBA the year before last I don't think any of them played pretty football.

Sunderland, Hull, Burnley, Brum, Wolves none of them played great football but all developed a habit of "winning ugly".

We've tried the "good football" way over the last 2-3 seasons, and whilst some of the football has been the best I've seen in all my time watching the City, ultimately it didn't get us up. Since Christmas there does seem to be a new found determination and if that means 7-10 ugly one nil wins, so be it :lol:

I'm more than willing to be bored all the way to the Premiership :lol: :ayatollah: However I do think the fans also have to step up to the mark at home and improve the atmosphere, it can be done (there have been games at CCS where it was fine) we just need to keep at it.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 am

Much like the Riddlers guarantee to bring in new players. Are you parading Feeney in a press conference as well :evil:

With regard to the "no pressure", you're right in what you say. Trouble is that because of our lack of numbers a different kind of pressure will be on them. IMO the small squad cost us last year - and will do this year :(

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 am

Im much more optimistic if everyone is saying we have no chance to make the play offs :lol: Once you lot start saying it could be our year there will be too much pressure on us!!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am

All this Feeney talk, Jesus Christ.

We did have a good chance up going up and still do, but look who's on the injury list? It's bloody endless.

Also I'm intrigued by anyone who's got different ideas about Jones for now. Most people are now under the impression after the season ticket situation that he can only work with what he's got and any win is a surprise one.

For me it's the home form we've got to sort out, we've got to play 7 of the teams in the top 10 and need those points to have any realistic chance. 75 points for a playoff spot must be the bare minimum.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 am

Are you thinking with your heart or head ?SURELY the size of the squad has got to tell as time goes on .Love to be wrong

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 am

I'm just going into the remainder of this season assuming we'll be playing Championship football next season. That way, I won't be disappointed. I would love to go up via the playoffs with a win over the Jacks! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:37 am

I thought after the way that we won against Doncaster, that the performance was exactly what gets you a play-off place if not promotion. The team are playing for the 90 minutes, which is excellent, if we can play games out, which we havent done in the past that will get so many more points.

Of course, the one thing that can stop our run is injuries and little quality in a paper thin squad, but hey, there's always Feeney to come in. :lol:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 am

I'm loving all the optimism on here lads, especially Annis' optimism that Feeney will actually turn out to be good enough! :lol:

Zabier wrote:I'm just going into the remainder of this season assuming we'll be playing Championship football next season. That way, I won't be disappointed.

I'm sticking with Zabier though.

Aim low and then you can't be disappointed.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 pm

play ugly and grind out results thats the way if it has to be!!!!! Don't forget how many teams have come into the playoffs very late in the season and even won the playoff final itself!!!!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: