Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can ridsdales mismanagement be queried at the EGM???

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm

As the only item on the agenda for the EGM is regarding Borley and the sports hall of fame, can Ridsdales mismanagement of our club be brought up? There must be people on here who have experience in this situation. Can we add to the agenda? If so is it in hand or does a share holder need to take the bull by the horns and do it?

Re: Can ridsdales mismanagement be queried at the EGM???

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Splottoman wrote:As the only item on the agenda for the EGM is regarding Borley and the sports hall of fame, can Ridsdales mismanagement of our club be brought up? There must be people on here who have experience in this situation. Can we add to the agenda? If so is it in hand or does a share holder need to take the bull by the horns and do it?

Corky has already requested certain questions be asked .

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Splottoman wrote:As the only item on the agenda for the EGM is regarding Borley and the sports hall of fame, can Ridsdales mismanagement of our club be brought up? There must be people on here who have experience in this situation. Can we add to the agenda? If so is it in hand or does a share holder need to take the bull by the horns and do it?

I think both the trust and another shareholder have written to request that the finances are added to the agenda, hopefully it will be added.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

I thought they needed 28 days notice for a matter to be put down on the agenda? I think something called a special notice is required to remove a director and must be presented to the club by a shareholder within 28 days of the meeting. Having received the special notice, the club would need to inform shareholders of the resolution when it gives notice of the meeting. I may be wrong. Could someone correct me on this?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 am

I've written to the Company Secretary requesting that a vote of no confidence in Ridsdale and Flitcroft be added to the agenda.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:

I've written to the Company Secretary requesting that a vote of no confidence in Ridsdale and Flitcroft be added to the agenda.

Good man :thumbup:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:58 am

Found this under an article called 'know your rights as a shareholder'

Under company law, shareholders can also put forward motions if they can muster 5 per cent of the company's total voting rights, or 100 shareholders, each with at least pounds 100 worth of shares. Resolutions must be submitted no less than six weeks before the meeting. A copy of the resolution must be sent to all shareholders - companies are allowed to charge for the cost of their circulation.

On that basis it doesn't look as though there will be enough time to submit a motion of no confidence in Ridsdale or indeed get in touch with 5% of the shareholding to support the motion. That said it is possible for individual shareholders to attend the meeting and 'ask' questions, for whatever good that will do.

TBH I think we might well get stitched up with this EGM unless Guy & Borley have something up their sleeves.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:11 am

Ridsdale will know every loophole in the book to get out of it all. He's done it to Leeds, Barnsley and WH SPORTS and now Cardiff! The only way you will get rid of him his to pay him off what he's after? This man isn't going to go easily!!!!!! :evil:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:23 am

The way to get rid of the prick is to have a good old fashioned pitch invasion and scare the shit out of the prick! Back to the good old days wouldve happened ages ago at NP! But it is harder to invade a pitch from seated areas than terracing!

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 am

Shareholders can ask any questions they have at the end of the meeting under AOB, ANY OTHER BUSINESS, That must be on the Agenda. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 am

undybluebird wrote:Shareholders can ask any questions they have at the end of the meeting under AOB, ANY OTHER BUSINESS, That must be on the Agenda. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Think thats the route we'll have to go down tbh.

With regard to the 28 days notice to put something else on the agenda, that was impossible. I'm looking at my notice for the meeting and the date the Shareholders were told of this meeting was 5th February - making it impossible to get the supposedly required time before the EGM on 24th. Rather convenient - or the Riddler trying to pull a fast one again :evil:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:02 am

yes , he is a shrewd man ,when it comes to things like that but AOB ,could be his undoing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:15 am

can the trust ask him a question? ask him why he's such a f*cking c**t?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

Ben , thats not etiquette , proffesionally anyway ,lol :D :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:30 am

undybluebird wrote:yes , he is a shrewd man ,when it comes to things like that but AOB ,could be his undoing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Certainly questions could be asked under 'any other business' but we know how slippery Ridsdale is. I assume that no accounts will be ready for this EGM so any questions about the clubs financial status will be met with a straight bat by the Chairman who will hide behind the fact that he can't comment because accounts are not avaiable.

Be prepared for the usual 'robust trading position' and 'positive balance sheet' crap he normally spins.

IMO this meeting appears to be a stich up, but my understanding is the Trust could still pursue a further EGM if they get the backing of 5% of the shareholding.

That should be our Plan B

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:48 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
undybluebird wrote:yes , he is a shrewd man ,when it comes to things like that but AOB ,could be his undoing. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Certainly questions could be asked under 'any other business' but we know how slippery Ridsdale is. I assume that no accounts will be ready for this EGM so any questions about the clubs financial status will be met with a straight bat by the Chairman who will hide behind the fact that he can't comment because accounts are not avaiable.

Be prepared for the usual 'robust trading position' and 'positive balance sheet' crap he normally spins.

IMO this meeting appears to be a stich up, but my understanding is the Trust could still pursue a further EGM if they get the backing of 5% of the shareholding.

The main purpose of most AGMs is for the directors 'to lay before the company in general meeting' the previous year’s audited accounts and accompanying reports and would be likewise for EGM. Although AGM/EGM are one of the same nowadays apparently. If last years audited accounts are not available then somebody aint doing their job properly.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

The main purpose of most AGMs is for the directors 'to lay before the company in general meeting' the previous year’s audited accounts and accompanying reports and would be likewise for EGM. Although AGM/EGM are one of the same nowadays apparently. If last years audited accounts are not available then somebody aint doing their job properly.

Is it not the case that Companies of the size of CCFC do not have to hold an AGM to approve the Accounts?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 pm

OnceaBluebird wrote:Is it not the case that Companies of the size of CCFC do not have to hold an AGM to approve the Accounts?

Again I'm not completely sure but there is something about companies whose turnover is less than £1m or with less than 50 employees having exemptions to producing full audited accounts.

I assume that doesn't apply to CCFC as they have previously published annual accounts. As for holding AGM's I have no idea what the situation is.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm

ihatealiens wrote:The main purpose of most AGMs is for the directors 'to lay before the company in general meeting' the previous year’s audited accounts and accompanying reports and would be likewise for EGM. Although AGM/EGM are one of the same nowadays apparently. If last years audited accounts are not available then somebody aint doing their job properly.

According to Companies House the next accounts are due on 28th February 4 days after the EGM.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 pm

ihatealiens wrote:The main purpose of most AGMs is for the directors 'to lay before the company in general meeting' the previous year’s audited accounts and accompanying reports and would be likewise for EGM. Although AGM/EGM are one of the same nowadays apparently. If last years audited accounts are not available then somebody aint doing their job properly.

According to Companies House the next accounts are due on 28th February 4 days after the EGM.

Shouldn't be too difficult to have them prepared four days earlier then.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

They'll be still "working on/finalising them" :roll:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:28 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

We are talking about Ridsdale and remember he has no obligation to produce accounts before the 28 February.

Therefore why should he make a rod for his own back?