Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How were your prawn sandwiches??

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Now, before anyone thinks this is a personal attack on any one person - it's not. I'm not happy at our fans as a whole. Since the move across Sloper Road to the Cardiff City Stadium, it almost seems that large sections (and by large I mean 90%) of our fans have forgotten words to songs and chants, and forgotten what an atsmosphere is like at a football match, and how important it is to our players. Players loved playing at Ninian (ours did anyway, away teams didn't seem to enjoy it as much), but now they hate it.

Last night I was almost suicidal. Myself, Lindon, Annis et al spent the game trying to get chants going, only to be frowned upon by the Prawn Sandwichers. I have no voice left today. Honest to god it is terrible. How the hell did these same people create such a buzz across at Ninian Park??

I'm so pissed off with going to games at the CCS that I really, really don't want to go back there. How angry am I, then, that I was one of those near 11,000 people conned by The Riddler into handing over my cash before xmas for next seasons ST? Not because PR didn't keep his promise, but because it means I've got another season at the flat, emotionless, lego-a-like shithole.

I'm so angry with our lack of support that I sold my Chelsea ticket today because I've totally fallen out of love with the game that has brought me so many wonderful times in the past. I really don't want to be anywhere near it. I probably won't even watch it on TV - I'll spend the day with my kids.

I hope the people who go to Stamford Bridge on saturday have a great time, and I hope they get to sample a fantastic atmosphere, and then maybe bring some back down the M4 to Cardiff because by god, do we need it!!

Re: How were your prawn sandwiches??

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 pm

a sad sad day for city no greig on away trip, but on the brighter side more beer in london for the bazmeister as mr davies wont be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:a sad sad day for city no greig on away trip, but on the brighter side more beer in london for the bazmeister as mr davies wont be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And no chance of you getting ill this time either, mate. :pukeright:

Baz, mate - I'm seriously fucked off. You saw what I was like at Bristol, probably should have stayed home in bed, but I still made the trip because I love watching CCFC, but all the enjoyment has gone now. It has, recently, become a chore to go to CCS so I fancy a bit of time away from the game.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Mr Davies wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:a sad sad day for city no greig on away trip, but on the brighter side more beer in london for the bazmeister as mr davies wont be there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And no chance of you getting ill this time either, mate. :pukeright:

Baz, mate - I'm seriously fucked off. You saw what I was like at Bristol, probably should have stayed home in bed, but I still made the trip because I love watching CCFC, but all the enjoyment has gone now. It has, recently, become a chore to go to CCS so I fancy a bit of time away from the game.

sad mate, if thats what you need you must do it :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 pm

From the Premier Club seats it didnt seem that bad. Plenty of siging particularly from the Canton.

if you though it was bad in the ninian then you wouldnt have wanted to be in my shoes.

I was not only the only one who sung, but also only me and my mate were the only ones who even spoke :lol:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:05 pm

i think it has always been the same, even in ninian park. before you say no way ninian was a fortress and loud etc hear me out.
the people who didnt sing in ninian where all grouped together in areas.
the people who chanted where all grouped together, so the noise was realy loud, unless you where sat in a quiet area.
the noisy areas like the grange and the bob bank etc have now been spread all over the shop in the new stadium so the same people are chanting its just not as loud as they are not sat / stood together.
the atmosphere will never change unless the grange/bob bank can re group and sit together......simples :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:16 pm

rob wrote:i think it has always been the same, even in ninian park. before you say no way ninian was a fortress and loud etc hear me out.
the people who didnt sing in ninian where all grouped together in areas.
the people who chanted where all grouped together, so the noise was realy loud, unless you where sat in a quiet area.
the noisy areas like the grange and the bob bank etc have now been spread all over the shop in the new stadium so the same people are chanting its just not as loud as they are not sat / stood together.
the atmosphere will never change unless the grange/bob bank can re group and sit together......simples :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Rob 100% correct.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm

I totally agree and feel the same way mate.

It's getting worst every game, I think it's because all the singing fans are separated from each other. Switch the family stand back round and I think it would dramatically change the atmosphere.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm

NTB wrote:I totally agree and feel the same way mate.

It's getting worst every game, I think it's because all the singing fans are separated from each other. Switch the family stand back round and I think it would dramatically change the atmosphere.

Totally right. There were occasions last night where we in the Canton (barely) heard the start of a song from the Ninian (because so few of you were singing) and joined in. If we were closer, we'd be louder.

Can't they do anything about this at all. Last night was the least fun I've had at a city victory probably ever

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 pm

delmbox wrote:
NTB wrote:I totally agree and feel the same way mate.

Totally right. There were occasions last night where we in the Canton (barely) heard the start of a song from the Ninian (because so few of you were singing) and joined in. If we were closer, we'd be louder.

Can't they do anything about this at all. Last night was the least fun I've had at a city victory probably ever

It was definitely the worst atmosphere I have experienced. Like you said the Canton and Ninian Stands can't hear each other and if they could then more people would join in.

I came away last night feeling like we had been beaten or something. When that happens you know there is something drastically wrong.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Lawnmower wrote:From the Premier Club seats it didnt seem that bad. Plenty of siging particularly from the Canton.

if you though it was bad in the ninian then you wouldnt have wanted to be in my shoes.

I was not only the only one who sung, but also only me and my mate were the only ones who even spoke :lol:

canton sounded well on form last night