Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Sam, SB & PMG

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 am

got together and agreed to surrender their shares to an investor on condition that monies owed to them were paid what % of shares would that make. i'm sure others would join in on the same deal, that would piss riddler off as it would make his shares worthless if they got over 51% and activated clause 8 (drag on).

Re: If Sam, SB & PMG

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:08 pm

jamccfc wrote:got together and agreed to surrender their shares to an investor on condition that monies owed to them were paid what % of shares would that make. i'm sure others would join in on the same deal, that would piss riddler off as it would make his shares worthless if they got over 51% and activated clause 8 (drag on).

Between those three (and including Paul Guy`s personal shares) , the total comes to about 33% of the shares in issue as at Sept last year (there are no new share issues registered at Companies House since).

If you add in the shares of Alan Whiteley and his law firm , the total goes up to about 38% . As AW has acted as PG`s solicitor for many years , it would be reasonable to assume that he would agree with a PG proposal on the shares.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 pm

since62 wrote:
jamccfc wrote:got together and agreed to surrender their shares to an investor on condition that monies owed to them were paid what % of shares would that make. i'm sure others would join in on the same deal, that would piss riddler off as it would make his shares worthless if they got over 51% and activated clause 8 (drag on).

Between those three (and including Paul Guy`s personal shares) , the total comes to about 33% of the shares in issue as at Sept last year (there are no new share issues registered at Companies House since).

If you add in the shares of Alan Whiteley and his law firm , the total goes up to about 38% . As AW has acted as PG`s solicitor for many years , it would be reasonable to assume that he would agree with a PG proposal on the shares.

So in theory if Paul Guy joined the board, Whiteley is more likely to vote with him rather than Ridsdale? Just asking because on the assumption Borley would vote with Guy also, Ridders would have lost his majority on the board.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:

So in theory if Paul Guy joined the board, Whiteley is more likely to vote with him rather than Ridsdale? Just asking because on the assumption Borley would vote with Guy also, Ridders would have lost his majority on the board.

I think you are right. I was actually talking about shareholders` votes but directors` ones would follow the same course.