Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HELP OUR HEROES

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Is anyone on here interested ?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/20-peaks-48-hours.html
Annis

Just wondering if yourself and a select few, would be interested in the having a table for the below charity night. I mentioned it to you a while ago on one of our away trips have a look mate and let me know soon as Poss cheers mate.

On Saturday 6th March a major fund raising event for 'Help for Heroes' has been organized. The venue is the large function room at Bridgend Recreation centre which has a licensed bar with a 7pm start.

We have numerous entertainers all giving their time for free. The room has also been given free of charge. Entertainment as of today includes a varied selection of 5 different live artists (giving us well over 3 hours of music) along with table magicians. There will be a photographer on hand and we intend having this event reported in local papers. It is directly linked to another H4H event taking place later in the year i.e. 'Help for Heroes - 20 Peak Challenge'. The event planned has actually been deemed by Help for Hero’s as being an “Extraordinary event” This can be seen in greater detail here http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/20-peaks-48-hours.html

The reason for this message is we have decided to selectively offer businesses we, and our Clients have contact with, to make a table booking prior to general sale of the tickets. The tables will seat 10 at a cost of £10 per seat. We have offered this to a selective number of businesses we, the organizers, have links to. We already have a table booked by the Welsh Assembly, Nat West Bank FS4b and also the Leader of the Council, Mr. Mel Nott has confirmed a table of local dignitaries/ officials. So some great network opportunities will hopefully present themselves for you as well. On the night we also have a number of absolutely fantastic items for auction. The auction will also be available in some format on-line.

This promises to be an enjoyable evening with a fantastic cause benefiting. We will know by the end of the night the figure raised.

If you do attend, we will also ensure that Ixus has an advertisement on the literature at every seat, on every table, so this is a great way of letting people (and indeed the right people!) know who you are.

If you could let me know ASAP if you are able to come or want to reserve a table as there are only 4 tables remaining and the tickets are like the proverbial hot cake at the moment!

Kindest Regards

Richard Pennell QGM
Asset & Configuration Analyst Manager
Siemens IT Solutions and Services Limited
National Assembly for Wales
Tel.: +44 (0)2920821731
Mob: +44 (0)7827669057
E-mail: richard.pennell@siemens.com
http://www.siemens.co.uk/it-solutions

Re: HELP OUR HEROES

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 pm

good on ya a great cause.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Annis if your having a table for this cause put me down for a seat mate.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:33 pm

Cant fault it,hope you all have a great night,wish i could be there but working nights that weekend and cant get cover.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm

H4H has now raised £40m, which is a fantastic amount considering the time it's been about (about 20 months I think).

Fantastic cause, and I know every penny is appreciated.

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:47 pm

I wear my HFH wristband with pride.. there £2 but I payed five to a soldier outside wales v samoa