Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Your Best Away Trip

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

For me personally it is Finland away in 2002 with Wales when we beat them 2 nil. We did a 4 day trip to Helsinki, first night there we located the local Irish bar :lol: and found it frequented by a mass of City Lads. We had an amazing time there, my one mate smashed his head open on the Friday, my other mate slashed his fingers to the bone (he's a royal marine and its his trigger finger :lol: ) all in all even beats lads holidays ive had in Magaluf, Tenerife, Ibiza etc.

Whats yours and was anyone on this board out in Helsinki for that game?

Re: Your Best Away Trip

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

The battle of brittania !! a great day that was .

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Cant remember the year but it was Peterborough away when it was called off!! Even though there was no football it was a superb day all round :ayatollah: ahhhhhhhh the old days eh :(

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Pre season tour of Holland with the Wednesday in 2006!!!! 5 mad days in Amsterdam!!!!! Say's it all!!!!! 8-)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Scunthorpe 93.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:31 pm

stoke away in play offs 2-1, brizzle city in play offs, forest away (1st win back in championship) wolves away (3-2 win)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:35 pm

gillingham away back when we were fighting relegation. me and my matee both went up on the train without a ticket got in thee ground watched the game parry scored a header 1-1 draw in the 2004/2005 season we were 15 no one new we went f*cking quality day met a few boys met them at swindon i think it was, were we caught a taxi back with them to newport was awsome.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Penydarren Park - too see both my teams was good..

But a proper match seeing as I only started following Cardiff away this year would be either M'boro cos it was a long trip and had a good laugh or Bristol in the league to see city win 6-0 up there was awesome

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Middlesboro in the quarter final of the FA Cup will take some beating.Very proud moment watching THEIR fans applauding us as they were leaving the ground.Also the realisation we were going to Wembley.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Standard Liege about 94 with City, over 1,200 City Fans there, were winning 2 nil but lost 5-2 but still an amazing few days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Standard Liege about 94 with City, over 1,200 City Fans there, were winning 2 nil but lost 5-2 but still an amazing few days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

wasnt it trouble all over the place, I remember the home game and the main gates at the canton stand getting stormed.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Bristol City 0 Cardiff City 6 will do for me.

Don't wanna go home
Don't wanna go ho-o-ome
This is the best trip
I've ever been on.

Swansea City 0 Cardiff City 2 was pretty good too.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 pm

boro away q/f was awesome outclassing them on their on pitch and reaching wembley

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:18 pm

My best was Wolves away 3-2. My eldests lads first proper away game...