Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONE OF THE MOST FRIGHTENING MATCHES I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Chelsea v Westham about 1984.
I use to go in the West Stand, but on this particular day 8 of us went up and went to buy our tickets about 12pm and infront of us were about 300 Westham all queing to buy in the Chelsea seats, including Cass Pennant, Bill Gardner etc
So we thought sod that and went in the Shed instead.

During the game fighting broke out in the main stand(East stand) about 400 Westham were in there, then I looked to my left in the West stand and hundreds of Westham stood up and chased Chelsea out of their own seats. Before we knew it hundreds and I mean hundreds of Westham attacked Chelsea in the Shed behind us, This happened 3 times during the game on the Shed and the police were helpless, then 5 minutes before the end every man and his dog attacked Westham, including the 8 Cardiff and finally drove Westham of the Shed.
Outside was carnage.
Were you there Daya ?

Re: ONE OF THE MOST FRIGHTENING MATCHES I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 pm

I REMEMBER WELL, CANT REMEMBER THE CHELSEA DRIVE THOUGH, GREAT DAY! apart from the score! Coppers ran the most :lol:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm

That was what you call organised, Cardiff never have been and never will be. Its now 2010.
All I want is a bit of atmosphere in the new stadium.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That was what you call organised, Cardiff never have been and never will be. Its now 2010.
All I want is a bit of atmosphere in the new stadium.

All gone now mate at Cardiff, when i first moved to Cardiff..... fell in love as reminded me of West Ham, small community club who stuck up for themselves big time against the Charlies...... today its not the same,

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Palace v City in 1978 I think.........vanload of us from Port Talbot got trapped inside a Palace fans pub,and lets just say it was like the ok coral with glasses,chairs and bins being thrown at us.Law came to our rescue,but suffice to say we got some revenge later in the day.Jaws and Flanka were alive in those days,and it was a day I,ll never forget. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 pm

you ok wolfie mate?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Daya wrote:you ok wolfie mate?

OK thanks Dayo...........been a long time..Just worried about our clubs situation at the moment,and I cant see us getting out of it.I never knew it was as bad as this.Hope you and your family are well mate.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 am

thanks mate, all fine thanks

As they say.... a house on fondation stands

A house built on sand sinks.

lets just hope malaysian deal comes through..... only hope...... but think will! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:13 am

I hope you are right...........because I think we are trying to amass more points,then go into admin.God I hope I am wrong.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 pm

i no off a bloke from city road who hit shit out off pennant
when pennant was bouncing in london the bloke from city road was a rite hard b*stard tho

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I watched that rise of a foot solider and it had bill Gardner in it he looked nuts it never mentioned cass in that film jus bill and Carlton leach...

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Annis, Did you meet any welsh chelsea on the train home ?

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:56 pm

I went to watch West Ham and Millwall in about '87....... got near the ground and turned back.

100% pure evil by 100% of the crowd ......f**k that for a neutral taff by himself.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Hello Wolf mate, welcome aboard :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I havent heard from you for ages.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:42 pm

That game in 84, they came into the West stand double early when they took the liberties in the seats hardly anyone was there at the time, but regarding organisation your spot, they usually had the jump on chelsea back then, due to their superior planning & the fact they were out and about earlier than the lark.

They came unstuck at Victoria that year of the "Hooligan" documentary getting run ragged, somehow that didnt make the final cut for some reason. :lol:

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:55 pm

For me annis, it has to be my 3 "visits" to the old den milwall, late 70,s early 80,s they were scary, one trip when we arrived off the train we heard that 2 city fans had been stabbed as they got off the coach, very scarey, needless to say for all the mainiacs that welcomed us on every visit, Cardiff fans more than held their own!!!!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 pm

The most frightening was at cambridge utd when they kicked the shit out of chelsea :lol:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:34 am

rem that day well singing chelsea barmly boot boys behide the goal also was at st andrew v leeds around that time in 1985 those games was a eye opener for a full 90 mins and outside too and the 3-3 match on the bob bank and the swansea away in 1985 those days are gone but forever in my head never forgot

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:06 am

you boys have not lived yet then

you want to take in a

Porth v Wattstown rugby game the fans even fight amongst themselves, women too

really is a bad local derby, and you should see what happens on the pitch too :lol: :lol: