Leeds yesterday

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Leeds yesterday

Postby lowfields76 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:I find that shocking that the attendaces have dropped that much surely selling 35k + tickets at £24 quid is better than 15-20k at the inflated price... plus with more people in the grounds , more cash will be spent on merhcandise , food and drink etc... plus a full house also makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere...

Yeah, but that would be fair and would make sense. But we're talking about a board who sells the radio broadcast rights to their games to a radio station in York just to f**k off local Leeds radio. They're not big on being fair or making sense
lowfields76

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby troobloo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:38 pm

Well done Vince great solidarity.I saw this sort of solidarity up in Hull.The young lad got nicked for swearing.15 years old and the police didnt give a shit.But everyone sat,stood,chanted,sang until the young lad was returned to the coach.Vince was instrumental in that and i for one feel he is the best representitive for Cardiff City F.C. when we are away and i will always back him 100%.Well done Vince. :ayatollah:
troobloo

Postby corky » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:40 pm

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=15926

Well done to all, it will make the news and already the media are picking up on it.
new season,new start
corky

Postby andy 189 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 am

we hate bates just as much as you tbh lads and we're pigging stuck with him!
andy 189

Postby Martyn1963 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:04 am

The RAMS did a mass boycott up there a few years ago and still about 100 fans turned up ( didnt Sam personally thank each and every one in the following home match programme ? ) , trouble is though you cant stop everybody from travelling up so unless the Club 100% refuse tickets then the same thing is going to happen time and time again . Revenge is never sweet but I hope that Cardiff as a football club and as a Police force take similar actions against our northern black pudding eating , whippet racing and Yorkshire beer drinking friends for the home game ??
Martyn1963

Postby englishbluebird » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:13 am

troobloo wrote:Well done Vince great solidarity.I saw this sort of solidarity up in Hull.The young lad got nicked for swearing.15 years old and the police didnt give a shit.But everyone sat,stood,chanted,sang until the young lad was returned to the coach.Vince was instrumental in that and i for one feel he is the best representitive for Cardiff City F.C. when we are away and i will always back him 100%.Well done Vince. :ayatollah:

i agree,spot on post. vince does so much for this club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby englishbluebird » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:13 am

troobloo wrote:Well done Vince great solidarity.I saw this sort of solidarity up in Hull.The young lad got nicked for swearing.15 years old and the police didnt give a shit.But everyone sat,stood,chanted,sang until the young lad was returned to the coach.Vince was instrumental in that and i for one feel he is the best representitive for Cardiff City F.C. when we are away and i will always back him 100%.Well done Vince. :ayatollah:

i agree,spot on post. vince does so much for this club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby Blue In Cwmbran » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:06 am

Nuclearblue wrote:But its a flag FFS. As far as i am concerned a flag has never injured any one or even killed anyone at a football match. l:

Take it you weren't on the Kop at Anfield when Wales played Scotland, then!! Mayhem....I got twatted by flag stick which the Jock had 'removed' from a fellow Taff. There were loads of of them swinging around and plenty connected well...! ;)
Blue In Cwmbran

Postby blueheaven » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 pm

My Daughter really wanted to go Elland Road but due to the excessive prices, kick off time and hassle experienced on previous trips i decided we weren't going. Reading Vinces report and hearing about our fans experience i'm really glad we didn't go :(

It really is getting to the stage where certain games are no longer worth all the hassle and i feel more and more fans are starting to feel this way and if the Football Clubs are not careful they are going to see crowds decrease and revenue drop. Even home fans are going to be fed up if there are no away fans in the ground because it's just going to kill any atmosphere and banter and make the game very sterile :evil:

Although it will be tough on the genuine Leeds supporters i think we need to offer them exactly the same welcome they give the visiting Cardiff fans which means charge them £36 a ticket, a voucher exchange at a designated service station, South Wales police filming them at every opportunity and definitely no beer served in our ground!

Then next season if we are in the same division we want to tell them to shove their tickets where the sun don't shine but maybe as someone else suggested about 500 of us travel up there independently and watch the game assuming it's on SKY in the Leeds city centre pubs that should keep South Yorkshires finest busy :roll: :ayatollah:
blueheaven

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Blue In Cwmbran wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:But its a flag FFS. As far as i am concerned a flag has never injured any one or even killed anyone at a football match. l:

Take it you weren't on the Kop at Anfield when Wales played Scotland, then!! Mayhem....I got twatted by flag stick which the Jock had 'removed' from a fellow Taff. There were loads of of them swinging around and plenty connected well...! ;)

I did say the flag Chief not the pole :lol: :lol: :lol: But i bet there was no poles on our flags on Sunday :ayatollah:
Nuclearblue

Postby JONNY012697 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Vince a well written and thought out article. What can our Club do. TBH i would like to see the same treatment of there supporters or even a total ban on them. Leeds United are a horrible Club and are well worth the most hated in the football league. Much worse than Luton and Millwall IMO. And are fast becoming more hated than the Jacks who also hate them as well.
As for the PC brigade in this Country it is a joke and no laughing matter. The kite mark is there for a reason and to make sure that goods are safe especially electrical goods and for that i am Glad. But a Kite mark for Flags :o :shock: the only thing i can think off is they must be fire retardant. But its a flag FFS. As far as i am concerned a flag has never injured any one or even killed anyone at a football match. Any way to sum up Leeds United = the most disgusting club ever.
Oh and please sign on my facebook page to that effect :lol:

ive looked into this you will never find a kitemark or the european C E mark on flags as there arent any moving parts or a risk to children
there is no legal requirement to display the kitemark though it is a marker for safe production and quality so this is why it is used
however the european C E mark is mandatory for products being sold within the EU but only for childrens toys, electrical and mechanical equipment
so whoever came up with this idea is talking out of their backside because you will never find a kitemark or the C E markings on a flag and is just trying to make football supporters lives difficult
If you wanted to play silly buggers with them if you notice any other flags around the stadium insist to see there kitemarks and note the steward or police officers number and claim that these people were not acting in the interests of health and safety and were not looking out for your personal safety with all these dangerous flags around.
JONNY012697

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Good on you Vince, we can always rely on you and the Supporters Club to fight for our fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby irishblue » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 pm

lowfields76 wrote:I'm a Leeds fan and would like to add a couple of things.

The ticket prices are the same for you as we endure. Leeds fans who were in the same stand as Cardiff fans will have had to pay £1 more than you and wouldn't have been entitled to concessions, i.e. any kid sat in that stand would have had to pay the adult price of £36 plus £1 booking. Tickets behind the goal are the 'cheap' ones and would have cost £33. Away fans have been moved from behind the goals to the West Stand down the side, I have no idea why. The prices weren't anti-Cardiff so much as they are, broadly speaking, sick. Portsmouth fans had to pay the same and so will 90% of visiting clubs as 90% of our home games are Cat A (a pricing category moreso than a holigan risk category)

You're lucky that Cardiff do a season ticket for under £350. At Leeds it would cost me a minimum of £612. You do a kid's season ticket for under £50, at Leeds it's £240. The prices on Sunday weren't artificially inflated because we were playing Cardiff, our prices are just a means of control imposed on us by a very sick man, Ken Bates. Now I understand that you lot are sickened by your one visit a year to Elland Road, how do you think it is for us?

Regarding standing, Leeds fans are routinely ejected from Elland Road for standing. Nobody is turning a blind eye to Leeds fans standing and stewards regularly sweep certain areas of certain stands and threaten to impose a 3yr ban on those standing, especially if they're kids

I agree you should have boycotted the game, Millwall did a few years ago because of prices and travel restrictions. It's rare we get a decent crowd at Elland Road anymore and when Bates first got the chance to jack up prices our home crowds dropped to 16,000 whilst we were getting 10,000 applications for away games. And you have to pay £40 a season just to be able to join in the away ticket raffle. As I say, it's sick, but at least it's just once a year for you lot.

Anyway, I always used to have a soft spot for Cardiff after I saw you lot going absolutely batshit on the terraces on Football Focus when you scored a pretty meaningless goal against Standard Liege, but I'll not wish you luck

DON"T NEED ANY LUCK FROM YOU? LOOKS LIKE YOU"LL BE NEEDING IT THOUGH :old: :old: :old: :ayatollah:
irishblue

Previous

Return to General Chat