Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GROUND TO BE SOLD

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 am

On my way to Chelsea with informed individuals. Believe me, the Blues are hovering like vultures. It will soon be the only income stream left open to us. Peter Thomas is already angling for it.

Re: GROUND TO BE SOLD

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 am

Let them sell it over our dead odys or even Ridsdale. Anyway the blues are skint

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 am

The blues could not afford it.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:52 am

Midfield general wrote:The Blues may not have much funds but his other companies do.

Altantic properties is one of his and they are buying up land everywhere at the moment

I posted this a few weeks ago in the thread "Another scenario".I believe CCS will be owned by Thomas

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 am

Why would they want it ? Some rent each week from CCFC ?

The costs of running the stadium aren't small, and would probably swallow up all the blues income.

On top of that, the cost of buying the stadium as well.

No way Jose.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 am

RobbieS wrote:On my way to Chelsea with informed individuals. Believe me, the Blues are hovering like vultures. It will soon be the only income stream left open to us. Peter Thomas is already angling for it.

robbie

the ground cannot be sold to any individual
the council have the right to buy the ground for the first 20 years before anybody else.
the blue's are as skint as us

Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:52 am

If Thomas delivers the conference facilities where the Arms Park is,which is what the council want,they`ll let him get his paws on CCS.
They can put in a genuine bid for the Champions League final,which is what it`s all geared to.
The plans are already drawn up by the Council for the conference facilities,just got to get the land and get it built.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 am

Blues are f*cking skint!

And whilst intellectuals are no doubt buzzing with rumours of the Blues buying the stadium, the fact remains that the stadium, errm, can't be sold for I believe between 18 - 20 years, the duration of the Blues contract.

Council had that inserted into the initial contract out of fears of Sam selling up instantly for profit.

So, that would require the Blues to persuade the council it would be a wonderful thing to do, oh, and they'd have to have a massive lottery win as Peter Thomas hasn't put a penny into Blues for a while, indeed, wants his money back out of the club.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:58 pm

will never happen, not for twenty years at least :!: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:52 pm

RobbieS wrote:On my way to Chelsea with informed individuals. Believe me, the Blues are hovering like vultures. It will soon be the only income stream left open to us. Peter Thomas is already angling for it.

Were these the same well informed individuals that a few weeks back said that Steve Borley was payindg the tax bill? Or perhaps they were the same one's that told us Ridsdale called the press conference to resign when it was to "apologise"? Or perhaps they're the same well informed individuals that said Routledge was signing? Do you want me to go on. 99.9% of well informed individual posts turn out to be bullshit. FACT