Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quincy

Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Quincy scored one and set up two for Pompey in their 4-1 win at Southampton. He looked absolutely shit in his time with us. Surely not the same Quincy Owusu-Abeyie??

Re: Quincy

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Quincy scored one and set up two for Pompey in their 4-1 win at Southampton. He looked absolutely shit in his time with us. Surely not the same Quincy Owusu-Abeyie??

Quincy played one game that I can remember as a Sub v Norwich away and looked good then.

He didn't get much more of a chance.

Personality clash with Mr Jones I believe.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:26 pm

i thought he looked ok, saw him at merthyr and another game

must have said somthing to jones, then he was gone

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:32 pm

He had one half deccent game for us and that was when they had a man sent off. He is the type of player that will need to be carried by the rest of the team and don't
forget he was playing against a league 1 team today, perhaps that's his level.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:He had one half deccent game for us and that was when they had a man sent off. He is the type of player that will need to be carried by the rest of the team and don't
forget he was playing against a league 1 team today, perhaps that's his level.

Yeah, which is why Birmingham fans pointed out he was superb for them, McLiesh didn't then play him after injury for whatever reason.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Birmingham had a midfield which you could afford to have a player like Quincy I their team. Out midfield is not good enough to have that type of player in it.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:15 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:Birmingham had a midfield which you could afford to have a player like Quincy I their team. Out midfield is not good enough to have that type of player in it.

Well, if their midfield "carried" Quincy, how come goals per game and indeed points per game went down without him for them?