Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chelsea how sad they have become

Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Watching the game on the TV today it struck me how quiet their fans were. City in full voice and passionate which obviously is usually the case when away fans are in large numbers however I wondered where the Chelsea I remember watching/growing up as a kid as gone to, The majority of their real fans have probably been priced out of the game and forced to watch on sky dishes or in the pub, The old fans replaced by new at another all seater premiership playground for the rich foreign owners who prob dont give a monkeys. They seemed souless today watching and it does make you wonder would you actually want to get to the premiership and pay 40 pound plus a ticket to be forced to sit down, behave bla bla bla,

Like many of us we have watched city rise through the divisions and remember going on away days with unrestricted travel, paying on turnstiles and standing on terraces with your mates through thick and thin, but sadly now with messers Ridsdale and Co many fans I know are sick of the rules and regulations inside the ground, ticket prices, over zealous stewarding etc and long for a return to the old days, Sadly the game has moved on and ultimatly so has the fan base, I feel sorry for the real chelsea fans of yesterday who must cringe at the new fans in their ground and long for a return to the old days, a story true amongst many of us Im sure.

Re: Chelsea how sad they have become

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Good point - prawn sandwich brigade in full swing at 'Corporate Commercial Chelski' today ---rubbish fans and a bought team by a dirty rushski-----no soul---no heart-----fek em i say.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Top post, agree with all you say. Having been to Stamford Bridge with City many years ago, I was shoked by the "kids-carnival" feel to the place today. Hated it. God forbid we ever went that way.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Magic Rat wrote:Top post, agree with all you say. Having been to Stamford Bridge with City many years ago, I was shoked by the "kids-carnival" feel to the place today. Hated it. God forbid we ever went that way.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm sorry to admit - but i think we are already on the merry-go-round!!! :cry:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:20 pm

beet me to it jez,
sadly we are slowly slipping that way!

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:23 pm

at home i mean, away support first class :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Its very unfair (and very sad) to say that chelsea's support has become the way it is. They are merely a product of their own sucsess. That is what happens. A team has a lot (or a bit as in us) of sucsess and it dilutes the grass level fan who provides the spirit of a team. Price also plays a part. Thats when the jonny come lately creeps in who has no sense of where his team has come from and loves to win, not to support. Hence a full ground with no atmosphere.

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

I rem in the 80's and 90's they use to have one of the best atmospheres going at Stamford Bridge, The West Stand and East Stand would all sing like Section A and the Bob Bank and of course the Shed like Our Grange end, my last visit there was about 5 years ago v Everton and the Atmosphere was sad like OUR NEW STADIUM :cry:

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:36 pm

A guy next to me said, imagine getting this every week. I replied with give me Scunthorpe and Doncaster all day long :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:50 am

Great post, I remember watching us play Chelsea in the old second division, the Chelsea fans of then and now couldn't be so different, its sad, but thats the price of success nowadays I'm afraid.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:48 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Watching the game on the TV today it struck me how quiet their fans were. City in full voice and passionate which obviously is usually the case when away fans are in large numbers however I wondered where the Chelsea I remember watching/growing up as a kid as gone to, The majority of their real fans have probably been priced out of the game and forced to watch on sky dishes or in the pub, The old fans replaced by new at another all seater premiership playground for the rich foreign owners who prob dont give a monkeys. They seemed souless today watching and it does make you wonder would you actually want to get to the premiership and pay 40 pound plus a ticket to be forced to sit down, behave bla bla bla,

Like many of us we have watched city rise through the divisions and remember going on away days with unrestricted travel, paying on turnstiles and standing on terraces with your mates through thick and thin, but sadly now with messers Ridsdale and Co many fans I know are sick of the rules and regulations inside the ground, ticket prices, over zealous stewarding etc and long for a return to the old days, Sadly the game has moved on and ultimatly so has the fan base, I feel sorry for the real chelsea fans of yesterday who must cringe at the new fans in their ground and long for a return to the old days, a story true amongst many of us Im sure.

life goes on son....adapt!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:37 pm

couldnt belive how quiet they were even when they scored they wasnt much of a roar

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Watching the game on the TV today it struck me how quiet their fans were. City in full voice and passionate which obviously is usually the case when away fans are in large numbers however I wondered where the Chelsea I remember watching/growing up as a kid as gone to, The majority of their real fans have probably been priced out of the game and forced to watch on sky dishes or in the pub, The old fans replaced by new at another all seater premiership playground for the rich foreign owners who prob dont give a monkeys. They seemed souless today watching and it does make you wonder would you actually want to get to the premiership and pay 40 pound plus a ticket to be forced to sit down, behave bla bla bla,

We will become that,its has been like that ever since we got to the championship. Give me the days of the old 4th division with crowds of 3k anyday. At least we had passion then.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 pm

The only fan(with a bit of heart) was the kid on the upper right who got kicked out for standing up...to chants of fkck off rent boy!!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Well he did get his arse out at one point. Fatty had a good bit of banter mind..