Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IS IT TRUE, THAT IT WAS A BIT LIKE THE 80's

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just been told that everyone and his dog was there for Chelsea, Wolves,Stoke, half the West End and even at least 10 Jacks were outside waiting for Cardiff, Yet its Cardiff Fans who are always blamed.

We always get such a nice, welcoming reception committee when we play big games in London that I'm thinking of paying these people for giving up their spare time for us instead of going to watch their own teams play

YOU have just answered yourself in that one...............THEY do not go to watch the game so save your cash!

Annis as soon as Cardiff are playing away and the opportunity arises - others close rank AND we will always have the blame you know this - and as unfair as it is - the sooner the authorities get to grips with it the quicker they can police it properly!
Even if yesterday had ben a bubble we would have been blamed for any antics!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:08 pm

I got lost in that bloody cemetry, couldnt find my way out ! luckily i spotted a few Cardiff fans and just followed them. Amazing day. Me and my mate was in The Sol pub right outside the ground when Cardiff attacked it. Chelsea in there shit themselves :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Jez wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just been told that everyone and his dog was there for Chelsea, Wolves,Stoke, half the West End and even at least 10 Jacks were outside waiting for Cardiff, Yet its Cardiff Fans who are always blamed.

We always get such a nice, welcoming reception committee when we play big games in London that I'm thinking of paying these people for giving up their spare time for us instead of going to watch their own teams play

YOU have just answered yourself in that one...............THEY do not go to watch the game so save your cash!

Annis as soon as Cardiff are playing away and the opportunity arises - others close rank AND we will always have the blame you know this - and as unfair as it is - the sooner the authorities get to grips with it the quicker they can police it properly!

Jez, but what I like about This Mb, you can discuss what happened yesterday without being shot down, The fact remains it did happen yesterday and whats wrong with discussing it. What I dont like is that Cardiff are always blamed first for everything.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 pm

. For goodness sake - grow up.

blazing saddles,
look you gotta realise that we're all different and we all have our own views! If you don't like what I've said fine but don't go telling me to grow up! Each to there own fella!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Splottoman wrote:

blazing saddles,
look you gotta realise that we're all different and we all have our own views! If you don't like what I've said fine but don't go telling me to grow up! Each to there own fella!

Well said :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Splottoman wrote:

blazing saddles,

Correct Saddles, We let you have your Views on the Riddler backing him :lol:
Please let everyone have their opinions.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I was walking into the ground and saw the most pathetic thing I've seen at a game for a long time. There were 4 City about 17 or 18 and they had some sort of argument with a group of about 20 or so grown Chelsea men, they were in there 40s. These Chelsea charged but then stopped at the police lines. It was such a crap charge that the copper who stopped them just held out an arm and seemed to say, "Come on lads, move along".

Pathetic

Were they the dopey cunts acting up as we were walking to the ground and they walked the other way? Police followed them for quite a bit!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Even if yesterday had ben a bubble we would have been blamed for any antics![/quote]

Jez, but what I like about This Mb, you can discuss what happened yesterday without being shot down, The fact remains it did happen yesterday and whats wrong with discussing it. What I dont like is that Cardiff are always blamed first for everything.[/quote]

Annis i think youve read me wrong - I was saying pointless spending money for the other people that showed up to watch their team as they are not into watching their team just the trouble...... and the policing issues is nothing to do with the site i meant after yesterdays game for example how shit it was.
And i was agreeing with you on CCFC always being blamed for trouble EVEN before games happen!!!! what i meant was if the police and uathorities actually looked at others before blaming us they could do things better!

Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Goodshoes wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I was walking into the ground and saw the most pathetic thing I've seen at a game for a long time. There were 4 City about 17 or 18 and they had some sort of argument with a group of about 20 or so grown Chelsea men, they were in there 40s. These Chelsea charged but then stopped at the police lines. It was such a crap charge that the copper who stopped them just held out an arm and seemed to say, "Come on lads, move along".

Pathetic

Were they the dopey cunts acting up as we were walking to the ground and they walked the other way? Police followed them for quite a bit!

That's them! The City lads were saying to them "5 against 20, that's a fair fight". Had a point. I offered myself if they needed back up but it looked like it had all finished really. Too many police and that was something they were relying on as the rest of the City would have piled in too, I'm sure

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 pm

A few scuffles outside the ground, but plenty of police on horses and with dogs pushing people apart, the usual. Saw one guy bitten on the side of body quite bad and few who took knocks from batons. But there was about 20 Chelsea up an alley and side street leading to Kings Rd giving the big one, they got run. A few were then throwing glasses through doorway of pub then a big mob of Chelsea come up the bottom of street, with one of their 'famous' ones at the front, i dont like quoting numbers but it was a BIG mob and we were outnumbered. A few fights then Chelsea backed off but came back at us and then Cardiff run a bit, but regrouped and run them again. A few more scuffles and plenty of coins, bricks and road signs thrown at us, which were thrown back. Seen one get put right on his arse after a brick to the noggin and another wiped out by trafic cone. seemed like ages before a couple of police on horses turned up and split the 2 sides. But both sides clashed again around them, too many for police to stop it all. Then a load of police come and that was it, Cardiff made our their back onto Fulham rd through the alley and they were trying to hold everyone back, thought they were going to nick everyone but they managed to get through. I wouldnt say either side had the better of each other but respect should go for both sides who stood their ground. But we did catch them unaware and run them a couple of more times than they did us.

I also witnessed the young Cheslea fan get dropped in the cemetary, what a f*cking disgrace!! I am still tamping about it, the poor kid was covered in blood crying his eyes out and his mates looked scared and all. Totally no need for it for f**k sake Cardiff just had an off with boys who were game for it, nothing to be achieved from hitting teenage shirters. Same goes for the kids smashing cars and the little fucker who put a traffic cone through someones window who had the misfortune of stopping in the road rather than run the mob over. Completely innocent people and no need for it.

And saw the bus behind ours stop on the corner and a few Chelsea came to them, we were on bus a few hundred yards down road so stopped and some ran back. I know one or two got slapped outside the bus but didnt really see it, i was watching the half dozen who crossed opposite side of road and making out they werent involved. Cowards got kicked all along the road anyway, they thought it would be easy attacking one bus but didnt expect others stop and help out.

Definately the most toe to toe violence i have witnessed at a city game, f*cking loved it though!! Plenty of CCTV on Kings Rd so i expect they will be trying to pick people out at future games, so those who were there keep your heads down!!
Last edited by gavocity on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 pm

in a word..... 'what a day' :D :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:13 pm

We always get such a nice, welcoming reception committee when we play big games in London that I'm thinking of paying these people for giving up their spare time for us instead of going to watch their own teams play[/quote]

Even if yesterday had ben a bubble we would have been blamed for any antics![/quote]

Jez, but what I like about this Mb, you can discuss what happened yesterday without being shot down, The fact remains it did happen yesterday and whats wrong with discussing it. What I dont like is that Cardiff are always blamed first for everything.[/quote]

um..........ive read this over n over lol where do you think i said anything about "This Mb, you can discuss what happened yesterday without being shot down, The fact remains it did happen yesterday and whats wrong with discussing it." I think you are more confused than me lol cos i didnt say anything to do with that ??? I am all for discussion you know that! lol :lol:

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm

gavocity wrote:A few scuffles outside the ground, but plenty of police on horses and with dogs pushing people apart, the usual. Saw one guy bitten on the side of body quite bad and few who took knocks from batons. But there was about 20 Chelsea up an alley and side street leading to Kings Rd giving the big one, they got run. A few were then throwing glasses through doorway of pub then a big mob of Chelsea come up the bottom of street, with one of their 'famous' ones at the front, i dont like quoting numbers but it was a BIG mob and we were outnumbered. A few fights then Chelsea backed off but came back at us and then Cardiff run a bit, but regrouped and run them again. A few more scuffles and plenty of coins, bricks and road signs thrown at us, which were thrown back. Seen one get put right on his arse after a brick to the noggin and another wiped out by trafic cone. seemed like ages before a couple of police on horses turned up and split the 2 sides. But both sides clashed again around them, too many for police to stop it all. Then a load of police come and that was it, made our way back onto Fulham rd through the alley and they were trying to hold all us all back, thought they were going to nick us all but managed to get through. I wouldnt say either side had the better of each other but respect should go for both sides who stood their ground. But we did catch them unaware and run them a couple of more times than they did us.

I also witnessed the young Cheslea fan get dropped in the cemetary, what a f*cking disgrace!! I am still tamping about it, the poor kid was covered in blood crying his eyes out and his mates looked scared and all. Totally no need for it for f**k sake we just had an off with boys who were game for it, nothing to be achieved from hitting teenage shirters. Same goes for the kids smashing cars and the little fucker who put a traffic cone through someones window who had the misfortune of stopping in the road rather than run the mob over. Completely innocent people and no need for it.

And saw the bus behind ours stop on the corner and a few Chelsea came to them, we were on bus a few hundred yards down road so stopped and ran back. I know one or two got slapped outside the bus but didnt really see it, i was watching the half dozen who crossed opposite side of road and making out they werent involved. Cowards got kicked all along the road anyway, they thought it would be easy attacking one bus but didnt expect others stop and help out.

Definately the most toe to toe violence i have witnessed at a city game, f*cking loved it though!! Plenty of CCTV on Kings Rd so i expect they will be trying to pick people out at future games, so those who were there keep your heads down!!

yeah that was terrible when that prick put a cone through that car window, It was a man and women in car think there was kids in there to, No need for that

Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:19 pm

10 jacks lol judging by their poor turn out for newcastle you would think they would back their own team..
saying that those jacks joined chelsea thinking it was their only chance to get one over on cardiff haha

Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Annis.

What is it with people who choose to go and fight under the name of other clubs ?

Seems a bit stupid to me.

When I played for Loughborough the local bouncers (Leicester fans) were involved in the club, playing for the Sunday side, who I also had some games for and they used to ask me to join up with them to fight the Leeds fans who stopped off at the town.

I never thought of joining in , why - if I'm going to get a kicking its going to be because I'm Cardiff not friggin Leicester.

They didnt need me anyway :lol:

Point is why would Stoke, Wolves or Swansea fans travel all the way to Chelsea to take Cardiff on, especially when their own teams are playing ? Do they not have the guts to do what they've got to do without hanging on to the coat-tails of another club ??
Also, why do the Chelsea fans welcome these people, from clubs who at other times they'd be fighting AGAINST into their number ?

Wouldn't you be a bit embarrassed if cardiff was like this ?

Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:50 pm

Cf39 wrote:
gavocity wrote:A few scuffles outside the ground, but plenty of police on horses and with dogs pushing people apart, the usual. Saw one guy bitten on the side of body quite bad and few who took knocks from batons. But there was about 20 Chelsea up an alley and side street leading to Kings Rd giving the big one, they got run. A few were then throwing glasses through doorway of pub then a big mob of Chelsea come up the bottom of street, with one of their 'famous' ones at the front, i dont like quoting numbers but it was a BIG mob and we were outnumbered. A few fights then Chelsea backed off but came back at us and then Cardiff run a bit, but regrouped and run them again. A few more scuffles and plenty of coins, bricks and road signs thrown at us, which were thrown back. Seen one get put right on his arse after a brick to the noggin and another wiped out by trafic cone. seemed like ages before a couple of police on horses turned up and split the 2 sides. But both sides clashed again around them, too many for police to stop it all. Then a load of police come and that was it, made our way back onto Fulham rd through the alley and they were trying to hold all us all back, thought they were going to nick us all but managed to get through. I wouldnt say either side had the better of each other but respect should go for both sides who stood their ground. But we did catch them unaware and run them a couple of more times than they did us.

I also witnessed the young Cheslea fan get dropped in the cemetary, what a f*cking disgrace!! I am still tamping about it, the poor kid was covered in blood crying his eyes out and his mates looked scared and all. Totally no need for it for f**k sake we just had an off with boys who were game for it, nothing to be achieved from hitting teenage shirters. Same goes for the kids smashing cars and the little fucker who put a traffic cone through someones window who had the misfortune of stopping in the road rather than run the mob over. Completely innocent people and no need for it.

And saw the bus behind ours stop on the corner and a few Chelsea came to them, we were on bus a few hundred yards down road so stopped and ran back. I know one or two got slapped outside the bus but didnt really see it, i was watching the half dozen who crossed opposite side of road and making out they werent involved. Cowards got kicked all along the road anyway, they thought it would be easy attacking one bus but didnt expect others stop and help out.

yeah that was terrible when that prick put a cone through that car window, It was a man and women in car think there was kids in there to, No need for that

I Couldn't get over that somebody smashed that little teenager with a chelsea top on in the cemetery he must of been about 14 at least. f*cking distcusting. Also i didn't hear about anyone smashing a traffic cone but that's f*cking terrible aswell if it's just a fan and his wife driving by. Like you say if they're hard enough to do that they're hard enough to stand front row toe 2 toe with one of the best mob's in britian f*cking cowards. :twisted:

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:57 pm

To headbutt a 14 year old is a absolute disgrace. I've got two 14 year old boys & they would have no chance of defending against adults, he kisses the badge of his team & gets smashed in the face. Bang out of order.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Well I managed to leave the ground without looking for it. Many posts on here saying credit to Cardiff for going after Chelsea. Is it any f*cking wonder our rep is so bad? You do t have to get involved.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 pm

RobbieS wrote:

Well I managed to leave the ground without looking for it. Many posts on here saying credit to Cardiff for going after Chelsea. Is it any f*cking wonder our rep is so bad? You do t have to get involved.

Surely he's just stating facts? And, if the other firms lads want to turn out to have a pop at us, how can we as City fans help, or even prevent, it from happening? You can't walk away, neither can you back down

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Was abit tasty up in shepards bush as well :lol:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:28 am

Nottage Blue wrote: You can't walk away

Why not?
It's not as if people are saying they were surrounded, they objectively strolled down side streets to fight Chelsea fans.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 am

There were plenty of Chelsea lads out, from what I saw, that never attended the game and just turned up after the final whistle, for the scuffling and verbals. Me and a couple of mates managed to get out of the ground just before the final whistle, as one of them is also a big Rugby fan, and wanted to make a pub for the kick off of the Wales V Scotland game. As we walked up Fulham Broadway, there must have been about 5 diferent groups of lads who passed us, about 10-20 in each group, who were all dressed, some young some old, heading back towards the ground, don't know if they do that for every club who visits Stamford Bridge or we are a special case!.
On another note, Stamford Bridge is now a souless library with no atmosphere and filled with families and tourists out for the day. To be honest, it left me a bit cold, as if, that is where our club is heading (Premier League) then I think I would give it a miss, especially for the amount it costs the buy into the experience. I have some sympathy for those Chelsea lads who passed me, as they are dis-infranchised from the club, its too expensive and their treated like sheep, being hearded and harrassed, by the Police and Stewards, whats fun about that, as everyone has a threshold I guess. Anyway, Im sure many us fear that we are going down the same route.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Eddie May wrote:Outside was mad for about 5 minutes and up every side street there was running battles, Chelsea had a lot of old heads, but Cardiff went straight through the police to get at them.

chelsea no match for city

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Jez wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

id even say more like the seventies

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:48 pm

About 200 waiting on the other side of the street as we turned left coming out of the ground. A front-line developed pretty quickly with a line of coppers between the two sets of fans but City just broke straight through it as mentioned. Two shortish lads, both skin-heads went toe-to-toe in the middle amidst chants of "go on, f*cking 'ave 'im" :lol:
One of them landed a smack and a dozen or more either side waded in, bit of a scrap then horses came in and batons got cracking on a few heads before that one got broken up.

Further on down the road to the left was a bigger police line again and a mob of their lot that must have been almost double the first mob I reckon. A mob of about 50 of ours sloped off down a side street, looked like they were trying to flank the Chelsea, couldn't see what happened down that way though.

Quite a few smaller mobs of between 20-70 or 80 along the way back, plenty of scuffles happened that's for sure. Saw quite a few lads with noses splattered, one with his ear mashed up. A few with dog bites as well. Plenty of bottles and bricks flying over the top.

Came out of the cemetary and some of theirs were outside a pub opposite. Bit of banter and one of theirs started crossing the road. Fair play he was up for a scrap, said something like "come on 'en yer welsh caaants" :lol: Got half way across the road and about 15 more Cardiff walked out the cemetary, he backed up a bit sharpish then.

There was a lot went on, most of what I saw was along the main route back so there was clearly a lot I didn't see and quite a few of ours were breaking off into pockets and heading down side streets looking for some action. If you wanted it, there's no doubt there was plenty of it.

Like the 80's?

Probably not, probably a bit too well policed (although the policing was poor) to have allowed any major scuffles, but it did get close. The fighting was just as much, but mostly in smaller running battles. Had the horses not gotten there in time, it could have been a lot worse. Cardiff broke the police line with ease, a couple of coppers appeared to have taken a bit of a pasting as a result as well. Once the horses rode in though it broke things up as you'd expect.

Certainly a lively day, I'm amazed it's stayed out of the press to be honest.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Annis.

What is it with people who choose to go and fight under the name of other clubs ?

When I played for Loughborough the local bouncers (Leicester fans) were involved in the club, playing for the Sunday side, who I also had some games for and they used to ask me to join up with them to fight the Leeds fans who stopped off at the town.

I never thought of joining in , why - if I'm going to get a kicking its going to be because I'm Cardiff not friggin Leicester.

Point is why would Stoke, Wolves or Swansea fans travel all the way to Chelsea to take Cardiff on, especially when their own teams are playing ? Do they not have the guts to do what they've got to do without hanging on to the coat-tails of another club ??
Also, why do the Chelsea fans welcome these people, from clubs who at other times they'd be fighting AGAINST into their number ?

Tim,

It has been going on since the 1899, no one is glorifying it, If there was some rapist loose in Cardiff everyone would be talking about it, when you were in School if there was a fight in the playground everyone would run over to see it, that is life.
This Forum is about every thing to do with football, outside football, general life etc.

Cardiff Tim has such a Big Reputation and I mean Big from the past and I mean from the past, that some of these people from other Clubs Saw it as the Clash of the Titans.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:33 pm

Alright lads (i come in peace)

Was at the game Saturday and it went off big time afterwards. Didnt see alot happening before to be honest but heard there was a few little incidents but nothing to shout about. Anyway, after the game about a hundred Cardiff i guess, were mobbing up outside the Butchers Hook pub (right outside the ground) and were baying the Chelsea firm to come onto them. There was a line of old bill and a few on horses stopping the two sets of fans from really getting at one and other. Anyhow, after alot of shouting and surging, myself and a few mates went to get a beer in the Italian Bar on the Kings Road. We usually have a beer in there after the game. As we were getting served, the Cardiff boys came around the corner in good numbers and started to have a go at us in the boozer. We managed to keep them out of the pub (fortunately) which gave the Chelsea boys time to turn up and confront them. Next thing i remember is there were about 300 lads kicking the shit out of each other. It was like the old days and i havent seen it that bad in quite a while (at the bridge) to be honest. Bricks, bottles and even iron bars were being used and it was getting real nasty. It took a while for the old bill to turn up and it went on for about 30 mins! In all honesty, i'd have to say that nobody really 'won the battle' as both firms stood there ground and never backed off. Two proper firms toe to toe. Respect all round.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Annis.

Tim,

It has been going on since the 1899, no one is glorifying it, If there was some rapist loose in Cardiff everyone would be talking about it, when you were in School if there was a fight in the playground everyone would run over to see it, that is life.
This Forum is about every thing to do with football, outside football, general life etc.

Cardiff Tim has such a Big Reputation and I mean Big from the past and I mean from the past, that some of these people from other Clubs Saw it as the Clash of the Titans.

I just don't get why fans from other clubs want to get involved.
It just makes them look like they need to have some 'help' to get a result.

Thats what i meant , wouldnt you be embarrassed if Cardiff were playing somebody and random guys from other clubs turned up to join in alongside Cardiff fans.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:57 pm

famousgcp wrote:Alright lads (i come in peace)

Was at the game Saturday and it went off big time afterwards. Didnt see alot happening before to be honest but heard there was a few little incidents but nothing to shout about. Anyway, after the game about a hundred Cardiff i guess, were mobbing up outside the Butchers Hook pub (right outside the ground) and were baying the Chelsea firm to come onto them. There was a line of old bill and a few on horses stopping the two sets of fans from really getting at one and other. Anyhow, after alot of shouting and surging, myself and a few mates went to get a beer in the Italian Bar on the Kings Road. We usually have a beer in there after the game. As we were getting served, the Cardiff boys came around the corner in good numbers and started to have a go at us in the boozer. We managed to keep them out of the pub (fortunately) which gave the Chelsea boys time to turn up and confront them. Next thing i remember is there were about 300 lads kicking the shit out of each other. It was like the old days and i havent seen it that bad in quite a while (at the bridge) to be honest. Bricks, bottles and even iron bars were being used and it was getting real nasty. It took a while for the old bill to turn up and it went on for about 30 mins! In all honesty, i'd have to say that nobody really 'won the battle' as both firms stood there ground and never backed off. Two proper firms toe to toe. Respect all round.

Tis how i pretty much saw things too, plenty of glasses coming out of that Italian Bar fair play. Good to read a post from oppostion telling it how it was, usually gets exaggerated, good post :thumbup:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

Cheers fella, there's no point in lying at the end of the day. Cracking day out, although the mrs gave me a right earful when i got home!