Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cemetery Yesterday

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brompton_Cemetery

I know its morbid looking at graves but that cemetery Yesterday was amazing...some of those graves were huge...loads of famous people are buried there.

Re: Cemetery Yesterday

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 am

When I was growing up my uncle would always have an opera singer on in his house,named Richard Tauber.I stopped for a breather and looked down and I was standing next to his grave.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:22 am

Yeah, it was a shame it seemed fairly poorly looked after though. The buildings in there seemed neglected and the overall state of the cemetery was pretty grim. Saying that, maybe comparing it to the Allied cemeteries in Normandy is a bit unfair!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 am

My grand parents are buried at Western cemetery, & when i visit i also mke a point of visiting Bartley Wilson's grave also.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 am

I visit My parents graves at Pantmawr Whitchurch, The chinese have their own area, Made it look like it is in China fair play to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:27 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:My grand parents are buried at Western cemetery, & when i visit i also mke a point of visiting Bartley Wilson's grave also.

Where is his grave, didn't know it was in Western Cenetary. Live nearby and would like to visit.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Wayne S wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:My grand parents are buried at Western cemetery, & when i visit i also mke a point of visiting Bartley Wilson's grave also.

Where is his grave, didn't know it was in Western Cenetary. Live nearby and would like to visit.

Take the enterance at Michaelston Rd, opposite the Cavalier [?] pub, walk straight about 100 meters & its just off the main path, on your right.
I found it by accident, there was some City memrobilia on it.

You might find this of interest. http://www.urban75.org/cardiff/cmon_city1.html

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm

totally agree with you cork,that cem was awsome.i would av liked to have a look around there myself ,but the rush for the bus was on .lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: