Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE ?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Peter Ridsdale who has been saying through the Echo that Joe Ledley has been Offered a New contract for the last 8 Months at double his existing taking it to £20,000 .

OR

Joe Ledley who I believe his Contract is currently £5,000 a week and been Offered £8,000 a Week on a New One.

Also Can you blame Ledley, that by not signing he can go to Rangers on a Free and get £20,000 a Week. Also under This Current Regime for the last 2 years would you have been happy to have worked for them.

By the way Both operations were Very Successful, but Joe will be lucky to be back by middle of April at best.

Re: WHO DO YOU BELIEVE ?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

neither of them!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

i would have to believe joe, it's been proven now that ridsdale has lied time and time again..

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Ridsdale = proven liar.

Ledley = not as good since Stoke came in for him.

Neither. I still blame the agents though.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Ridsdale is a hooligan and you got to give it to him, he is good, but did not like it when by all accounts and i dont know how true this is, it is probabaly made up by some one, when he hit that little kid in the cemetery for his money, i was shocked.

Ledley used to be a good footballer, but has gone downhill.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Ledley should have been tied up on 15k a week when stupid money was being wasted on over the hill Fowler, JFH and Sinclair.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm

maccydee wrote:Ledley should have been tied up on 15k a week when stupid money was being wasted on over the hill Fowler, JFH and Sinclair.

I firmly believe we wouldn't have been in the cup final if it wasn't for Jimmy Floyd. His influence at Boro and the best goal at Ninian Park against Wolves were something we've not had, well, for longer than I can remember.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:09 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
maccydee wrote:Ledley should have been tied up on 15k a week when stupid money was being wasted on over the hill Fowler, JFH and Sinclair.

I firmly believe we wouldn't have been in the cup final if it wasn't for Jimmy Floyd. His influence at Boro and the best goal at Ninian Park against Wolves were something we've not had, well, for longer than I can remember.

Yeah but 15k for a player who could only play an hour a game and was without a club and rang Ridders to beg him to take him on.

That was far too much.

I thought JFH was responsible for Parry's best season at the club and for Ledley's massive improvement.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:16 pm

maccydee wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Yeah but 15k for a player who could only play an hour a game and was without a club and rang Ridders to beg him to take him on.

That was far too much.

I thought JFH was responsible for Parry's best season at the club and for Ledley's massive improvement.

I totaly agree, & i still feel that if JFH had played for us last season, instead of Eddie, we would reached the play offs.
Another one of PR's errors of judgment, imho.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Just wish we got rid of him to Stoke to be honest, £6m was an insane figure.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I totaly agree, & i still feel that if JFH had played for us last season, instead of Eddie, we would reached the play offs.

I dont disagree but in fairness the club believed that Fowler would be playing but he pissed off at the last minute and it was a rush job that brought Eddie to us.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:28 pm

I wouldnt believe Ridsdale for one minute, both are at fault here but the major stumbling block is most certainly Joe and his agent. Joe is gullible and his agent takes that as advantage to manipulate the contract deal, all the agent is concerned about is how much he can screw CCFC and Joe for.

Again talk of Rangers who are in a similar financial situation and again if Joe even thought about going to Rangers it just shows his lack of ambition, he has I know for a fact been invited to Celtic for the old firm derby. I know he wouldn't consider the SPL, if any ambition why would he.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I totaly agree, & i still feel that if JFH had played for us last season, instead of Eddie, we would reached the play offs.

I dont disagree but in fairness the club believed that Fowler would be playing but he pissed off at the last minute and it was a rush job that brought Eddie to us.

JFH arrived back for pre season training on day one, citeing a contract agreement of an extra season, after playing over twenty games the season before. Im pretty sure that RF had left the club before this time???

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

£8k a week isn't a bad sum of money for what he does.

I'd be astonished if he went to Rangers on £20k a week, they are skint.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:36 pm

its hard to know who you can believe nowadays.
Riddler------would not trust him or believe a word he says.
ledley? ------well depends if it is him or his agent speaking, would not believe any agent.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:05 pm

PtB wrote:£8k a week isn't a bad sum of money for what he does.

I'd be astonished if he went to Rangers on £20k a week, they are skint.

Paul, Theyve just released 2 players on £46,000 between them. So they have spare cash and they get Joe for nothing, he's going to watch one of their games soon as a guest.