Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WELL WHAT EVER THE ECHO or DJ SAYS in it

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:39 pm

that he is crippled with injuries/flu etc, Everyone reported fit today from the Chelsea game and I believe he still has a strong first team and bench to put out against WBA tomorrow, fed up of him on Sky Sports feeling Sorry for him self, he is on £800,000 a year approx, company pr and car, wine and dined his family and PR and him are in it together.
If he is not Happy with everything, then he should speak out against PR.
I know a lot of you are supporters of him, but I dont think life is that bad for DJ.
Just My Opinion.

Re: WELL WHAT EVER THE ECHO or DJ SAYS in it

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Fair enough Annis, and no he doesn't deserve £800k p/a, BUT he's doing a teriffic job to take some average footballers to 4th in the league, you've got to admit that!

I'm happy with the manager but not with his wages. I daresay that's the Riddlers fault though, and if you were DJ you wouldn't say no to that money, would you?!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:44 pm

im 50/50 over DJ,
he has no money or backing from PR, so be sat where we are in the league fair play to him and the team.
but i find it so depressing and in some ways embarasing watchn him and his body langauge on tv, youd swear some one had just shit on his dog.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:58 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Fair enough Annis, and no he doesn't deserve £800k p/a, BUT he's doing a teriffic job to take some average footballers to 4th in the league, you've got to admit that!

I'm happy with the manager but not with his wages. I daresay that's the Riddlers fault though, and if you were DJ you wouldn't say no to that money, would you?!

Dave No I Def wouldnt.
For average footballers they are on hell wage
Just an example I Believe.
Approx
Chops £20,000 a week £5,000 appearance money(including just beein Sub)plus about £3,000 a goal.plus win Bonus.
Hudson £14,000 a week plus the extras.
J Both £12,000 a week plus the extras.

I could go on.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:01 pm

The phrase 'life of Riley' springs to mind.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:01 pm

no wonder the club is in shit street annis

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Living beyond there means be fucked :roll:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Fair enough Annis, and no he doesn't deserve £800k p/a, BUT he's doing a teriffic job to take some average footballers to 4th in the league, you've got to admit that!

Dave No I Def wouldnt.
For average footballers they are on hell wage
Just an example I Believe.
Approx
Chops £20,000 a week £5,000 appearance money(including just beein Sub)plus about £3,000 a goal.plus win Bonus.
Hudson £14,000 a week plus the extras.
J Both £12,000 a week plus the extras.

I could go on.

14 k a week- i wouldnt get out of bed for that!

It is outrageous. However our chairmans salary and bonuses plus what he pays all his pals (stadium managers etc) are the main cause of the problems that we have.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm

We are fifth behind 3 clubs we should have no complaints about but a small club west of Cardiff who are looking a far better bet (it pains me to say it) for the Premiership. Moans is doing what I'd expect him to with our wage bill and his salary. It's his fault he is paying 20k a week for Chopra when he could have 4 players like Darren Pratley/Charlie Adam/Darren Ambrose/Ricki Lambert and a squad - small squads is all down to him and the chairman.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 pm

?!

we have a few very average players in the mould of rae and kennedy

most of our players though are clearly much much better than the norm down here

dave jones has built a good side but i wouldnt even say hes doing a decent job utilising it, with the injuries and all i suppose he deserves some leeway but for mccormack/chopra/bothroyd/burke/whitts/mcphail/ledley etc to be losing to barnsley, ipswich and plymouth is pretty poor

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm

if these amounts are true,can they be brought up at the EGM for confirmation ? or wont the meeting cover that sort of thing.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:48 pm

i am a dave jones fan, but what concerns me is that if things get really bad and players are on bonus fees, people like chops may not be played as we cant afford it

i recall a few situations where this has happened. quite recently in fact

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:that he is crippled with injuries/flu etc, Everyone reported fit today from the Chelsea game and I believe he still has a strong first team and bench to put out against WBA tomorrow, fed up of him on Sky Sports feeling Sorry for him self, he is on £800,000 a year approx, company pr and car, wine and dined his family and PR and him are in it together.
If he is not Happy with everything, then he should speak out against PR.
I know a lot of you are supporters of him, but I dont think life is that bad for DJ.
Just My Opinion.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 am

Isn't it part of the game Annis?

You play up your injuries and problems and then put out a stronger team than expected. Although DJ seems to be a natural moaner, I think he's just overplaying the problems to relax the opposition. If he isn't playing the game then, as my wife says, he's a miserable tosser who has nothing to moan about.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 am

Wayne S wrote:Isn't it part of the game Annis?

You play up your injuries and problems and then put out a stronger team than expected. Although DJ seems to be a natural moaner, I think he's just overplaying the problems to relax the opposition. If he isn't playing the game then, as my wife says, he's a miserable tosser who has nothing to moan about.

I have thought about that Wayne, that it was part of DJ's tactics, he now needs a plan B :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Isn't it part of the game Annis?

I have thought about that Wayne, that it was part of DJ's tactics, he now needs a plan B :lol: :ayatollah:

Plan B is moan about all the injuries, see he's a clever guy. Play it up to relax the opposition and if it goes wrong he can say, see told you.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 am

It is all mind games. Even if the opposition takes it at face value it's still out there and the opposition will be thinking 'they'll probably play their best line up, but what if...'.

The wages are a joke and if they're on that amount of money they should earn it. Fair play to Chopra he runs and runs all game every game so you could argue he earns his £20k a week. However, does Jay earn his £12k a week when he spends half of the game in the Alan Lee 'foetal position' on the floor?!

If we get promoted I will take all this back but we really should have installed promotion based bonuses and performance based bonuses rather than standard high wages. Earn your pay, don't just be given it on a plate.