Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I AM MORE THAN HAPPY

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:52 pm

To debate why we have our soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan, just today about 10 innocent people were killed by us.
Our Soldiers are over there fighting a war for what,the people living there dont really want us there, I dont care whats happening in them countries, nor does 90% of Britain in My Opinion, Our Soldiers are also loosing their lifes for what, to keep our politicians happy and America.
I say bring Our Soldiers home, they dont even know why they are fighting them selves, they are fighting against evil people who use every trick against them, but if werent there I dont believe they would even think about wanting a War against us.
I feel for Our Soldiers, they age given bad uniforms/protection and wrong tools to fight with. We can only loose in the long run.
Russia couldnt beat them in 10 years and they are virtually next door to them.

Just My Strong Opinion.

Re: TALKING OF HOOLIGANISM, I AM MORE THAN HAPPY

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Hooligans shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as these guys (and girls) Annis.

And as you say, if Russia couldn't do it, we haven't got a hope in hell as our forces are experiencing so many cutbacks it's heart-wrenching to see.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Absolutely rediculous we are america's little puppy that does whats its told. The russians were fighting in afghanistan for years and years and with drew as no gain. Our soldiers would be put to better use in the UK in securing our borders.

I would also like for our soldiers to be brought home, i also feel for the innocent afghan people caught up in this god awful bloody mess.

Iraq was a joke with no substance for a war only its oil-fields IMO Although the iraqi people are certainly better off without the tyranny of saddams regime im sure he and his merry band could have been eliminated without a war.

Just my opinion.

I AM MORE THAN HAPPY

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Hooligans shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as these guys (and girls) Annis.

And as you say, if Russia couldn't do it, we haven't got a hope in hell as our forces are experiencing so many cutbacks it's heart-wrenching to see.

Dave Your prob right, I was just trying to grab peoples attention .

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Not killed by us Annis. Yanks I believe.

Unfortunately when the Taliban put themselves near the civilian population there are going to be innocents killed. Doesn't make it nice but there are loads more innocents killed by the disgusting IED's hidden on the roads by the Taliban.

All soldiers are volunteers. I said to my family when I went to Bastion that if anything happened to me no-one was to say I was anything but proud to be in the RAF and that if I didn't agree with or didn't want to go away I didn't have to as I am a volunteer.

When I was put on 48 hour notice for Iraq in 2003 the kit I had was beyond shocking. Size 11 (I'm a 9) boots that I was told to try and swap out there. Full greens when I was going to the desert. But for Afghanistan my kit was a lot better. If anything I had too much. Latest helmet, boots that are 145 quid in magazines, mine clearing equipment, expensive shatter proof glasses, 3 sets of full desert uniform, cold weather gear. Honestly the personal kit we get now is great. The landrovers are useless but that's because the Taliban changed tactics. That happens in war. The soldiers still have to get out there and get on the ground so there will be losses from bombs.

This push we are making now into Helmand has been a result of the superb performance last Summer where amongst others (US Marine Corps mostly) the Welsh Guards and Royal Welsh and other British troops went in all guns blazing and knocked a lot of the stuffing out of the Taliban. I firmly believe by end of 2010 the Taliban will start to seek a negotiated settlement.

Then will come Iran.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

maccydee wrote:Not killed by us Annis. Yanks I believe.

Unfortunately when the Taliban put themselves near the civilian population there are going to be innocents killed. Doesn't make it nice but there are loads more innocents killed by the disgusting IED's hidden on the roads by the Taliban.

All soldiers are volunteers. I said to my family when I went to Bastion that if anything happened to me no-one was to say I was anything but proud to be in the RAF and that if I didn't agree with or didn't want to go away I didn't have to as I am a volunteer.

When I was put on 48 hour notice for Iraq in 2003 the kit I had was beyond shocking. Size 11 (I'm a 9) boots that I was told to try and swap out there. Full greens when I was going to the desert. But for Afghanistan my kit was a lot better. If anything I had too much. Latest helmet, boots that are 145 quid in magazines, mine clearing equipment, expensive shatter proof glasses, 3 sets of full desert uniform, cold weather gear. Honestly the personal kit we get now is great. The landrovers are useless but that's because the Taliban changed tactics. That happens in war. The soldiers still have to get out there and get on the ground so there will be losses from bombs.

This push we are making now into Helmand has been a result of the superb performance last Summer where amongst others (US Marine Corps mostly) the Welsh Guards and Royal Welsh and other British troops went in all guns blazing and knocked a lot of the stuffing out of the Taliban. I firmly believe by end of 2010 the Taliban will start to seek a negotiated settlement.

Then will come Iran.

Thanks Neil for coming on as youve been involved and still are, so I appreciate your input. usually is the Americans who cause civilian death.

Re: I AM MORE THAN HAPPY

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

It's all about the stargates ;) :lol:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:14 pm

maccydee wrote:Not killed by us Annis. Yanks I believe.

Then will come Iran.

Great post mate but do you think the taliban regime will ever be erradicated?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm

I don't think they will ever be truly defeated but they will have to negotiate a peace soon as they are losing a lot of fighters. A massive surge occurred in Iraq similar to what happened last year in Afghanistan and it was after that surge in Iraq that some of the opposition came onside and allowed themselves to be paid to switch sides. After the losses inflicted upon the Taliban last Summer there were hints that they some of their moderate supporters would accept payment to come across and that has happened in some cases. The big move into Helmand now is to show the Afghani people in that area that there is another option other than supporting the Taliban and I feel a lot more will move across now.

Annis the Yanks are putting down so much ordnance that the laws of percentages state there will be mistakes. You won't find the British troops having a pop at the Yanks as it often them who get our guys out of trouble.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Bring them home and put them on to the streets of this country and let them deal with drug dealers, smack heads and beggers.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 pm

I see so the remaining element would more than likely turn to terrorism...I.e suicide bombers/car bombs etc? Similar to whats going on in Iraq?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah that's pretty much all that is happening now in Iraq. Desperate people carrying out these measures rather than the full blown insurgency that was happening. It is not perfect there but it is a lot better.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Bring them home and put them on to the streets of this country and let them deal with drug dealers, smack heads and beggers.

And people coming here for handouts, Albanians, Romanians etc at OUR Exspense.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Bring them home and put them on to the streets of this country and let them deal with drug dealers, smack heads and beggers.

And people coming here for handouts, Albanians, Romanians etc

Agree. Get them on the borders and send back unless they can prove that they will work here. at our exspense.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Unfortunately,in war there will be collateral damage.The Yanks get the blame mostly, but the Yank pilots are actually very good.They can bang in jdams,etc within about 150m of coalition troops.
If Terry didn`t use women and kids as shields,hide in local villages it would be great.
As they do this,there will be casualties,unfortunately.
As for people on here saying the troops would be better off on our borders,that`s a no no.
Most bad eggs come in legally through the Labour policy of letting any tw*t in to help with our"multi-culturism",as was leaked last week.The relaxing of border controls by Labour was an invite to all the scum and shit to enter our country along with the truly needy.
Rant over

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:12 pm

its a tough one that, i dont think we need to be in afghanistan anymore, the job is done now leave it to the u.n peace keeping force.
on the issue of innocent people getting killed, this unfortunately is part and parcel of modern warfare and is unavoidable, it has happened in every war in the past and will happen in every war in the future.
as for the soldiers who are losing there life no one feels for them more than me. my brother served in ireland, bosnia, iraq (the first one) yugoslavia and many more, my nephew is serving in afghan at the moment, his view on soldiers deaths "it a risk we know can happen, but we are soldiers, its part and parcel"
we will never win the war against the taliban because they know how we work, after all we spent years training and arming them to fight the russians
my view is......the job is done...pull the lads out.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Job is not done in Afghan mate. UN peace keeping force couldn't go in until the fighting pretty much stops.

I firmly believe that if we weren't in Afghanistan there would be more terrorists in the UK as many have gone over there to fight us there. There are cockney, brum, northern accents on the guys fighting us. We have captured a few.

They will end up free cos of their 'human rights.'

If they are found on a battlefield in Afghanistan what else are they doing apart from fighting coalition troops. Surely that is treason?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:33 pm

maccydee wrote:Job is not done in Afghan mate. UN peace keeping force couldn't go in until the fighting pretty much stops.

I firmly believe that if we weren't in Afghanistan there would be more terrorists in the UK as many have gone over there to fight us there. There are cockney, brum, northern accents on the guys fighting us. We have captured a few.

If they are found on a battlefield in Afghanistan what else are they doing apart from fighting coalition troops. Surely that is treason?

It`ll take a generation to TRY to change people`s minds over there,it`s too tribal.Also,the main Al Quaeda training grounds are in Pakistan........but it wouldn`t be PC to kick off over there.

Loved the one stiff with an Aston Villa tattoo.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 pm

abf9 wrote:
maccydee wrote:Job is not done in Afghan mate. UN peace keeping force couldn't go in until the fighting pretty much stops.

It`ll take a generation to TRY to change people`s minds over there,it`s too tribal.Also,the main Al Quaeda training grounds are in Pakistan........but it wouldn`t be PC to kick off over there.

That's why have to use the carrot and the stick. Stick is to destroy those that are fighting us and carrot is to pay those that want to be part of a new Afghanistan. The tribes and warlords have no love for the Taliban it's just they hold the power in certain areas and also allow the Afghani's to produce the poppy which is where they get their only income from.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 pm

maccydee wrote:
abf9 wrote:

That's why have to use the carrot and the stick. Stick is to destroy those that are fighting us and carrot is to pay those that want to be part of a new Afghanistan. The tribes and warlords have no love for the Taliban it's just they hold the power in certain areas and also allow the Afghani's to produce the poppy which is where they get their only income from.

When we come across the poppy fields we don`t touch them either as it would deprive the locals of their income.
Politics,eh.What with our drugs laws.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

We used to burn them all the time and it turned the locals to the Taliban.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 pm

maccydee wrote:We used to burn them all the time and it turned the locals to the Taliban.

Politics,eh :oops: