Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Murals In Northern Ireland

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Here are some murals featuring our very own Warren Feeney. :ayatollah:
Feeney 1.jpg

Warren is Idolised in Northern Ireland :ayatollah:
Feeney 2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3s66rP ... re=related :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Murals In Northern Ireland

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3s66rP ... re=related :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Superb Carl, he is worshipped in Norther Ireland, they have put him on street corners and the side of houses.
I feel for him everyone has had a go at him at Cardiff, yet NEVER BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE.
Hearts, Bristol Rover,Charlton, Orient, The Jacks have all asked to sign him from us since Xmas yet PR and DJ have said No, yet they wont play the lad :evil:

He just wants a run, not one full appearance this season. Let him go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3s66rPRgs&NR=1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:03 pm

I think these sporting murals are great. We could do with a few City ones, especially near the ground.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm

They are an amazing sight and I think some people would be surprised to know that there are murals like these in this country too, they are not specific to NI.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

You try walking around that area, you wont get very far before your pulled up :violent1:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:10 pm

DJ should give him a run in the squad for few games with jay needing to be rested now is the chance for him to prove himself if he doesnt let him go else were !! i hope he proves every1 worng and shines !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:They are an amazing sight and I think some people would be surprised to know that there are murals like these in this country too, they are not specific to NI.

The only thing I can think of that's a bit similar to these is that Cardiff Bus company one you can see on the road down to Ninian from Central station.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:25 pm

i been to belfast twice and the murals are great on either side of the divide and theones of george best are fantastic

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:11 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:i been to belfast twice and the murals are great on either side of the divide and theones of george best are fantastic

I have a signed George Best £5 note :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 am

I'd love to see stuff like this around the city. The graffiti down at Sevenoaks doesn't look too spectacular, obviously it was for a good cause though, but if something more organised and visually pleasing was done around the tacky walls around Grangetown it could brighten the area up a bit. Having murals around the surrounding areas of Cardiff City Stadium would give our club a unique feel within its location.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:58 pm

I didnt realise he was thought of so much, would love to see him get a run in the team

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Only kidding Annis :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:Only kidding Annis :ayatollah:

:lol:
Your entitled to your opinion, Why did DJ Buy him ?
Can we really comment till he has been given a run of games ?

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:40 pm

this is a good one...........

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:33 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I think these sporting murals are great. We could do with a few City ones, especially near the ground.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Did'nt Feeney kiss the jacks badge when he scored for them?........

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:49 pm

CaerphillyBluebird wrote:Did'nt Feeney kiss the jacks badge when he scored for them?........

No he 100% Never, He kisses wear his Wedding ring every time he scores, he has never kissed no-ones shirt in his life, Said to me he would only EVER KISS ONE SHIRT if he was lucky to ever play for them and thats Rangers.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd love to see stuff like this around the city. The graffiti down at Sevenoaks doesn't look too spectacular, obviously it was for a good cause though, but if something more organised and visually pleasing was done around the tacky walls around Grangetown it could brighten the area up a bit. Having murals around the surrounding areas of Cardiff City Stadium would give our club a unique feel within its location.

Cracking idea - I'd be right behind that. Don't think there are any legal issues provided the property is privately owned and said owner agrees to it. Now you just need to find willing owners, able artists and a shit load of blue paint

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm

Arfur Europe wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'd love to see stuff like this around the city. The graffiti down at Sevenoaks doesn't look too spectacular, obviously it was for a good cause though, but if something more organised and visually pleasing was done around the tacky walls around Grangetown it could brighten the area up a bit. Having murals around the surrounding areas of Cardiff City Stadium would give our club a unique feel within its location.

Cracking idea - I'd be right behind that. Don't think there are any legal issues provided the property is privately owned and said owner agrees to it. Now you just need to find willing owners, able artists and a shit load of blue paint

I have just put an offer in on a house across the road from Huw Jenkins if I buy it I am all for doing it Arfur :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Arfur Europe wrote:

I have just put an offer in on a house across the road from Huw Jenkins if I buy it I am all for doing it Arfur :lol:

:lol: I'd love to see it

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Have a Look and Listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFn5ATHouiI :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3s66rPRgs&NR=1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Annis, give Warren my best and tell him to keep his head up, he'll get his chance eventually (Hopefully!)

As for the murals, they look awesome, and we definatly need some down in canton/surrounding areas.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Dafydd wrote:Annis, give Warren my best and tell him to keep his head up, he'll get his chance eventually (Hopefully!)

As for the murals, they look awesome, and we definatly need some down in canton/surrounding areas.

Cheers Dafydd, Every week, I keep saying keep yr chin up, he will play you next week lol.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Did anyone notice the murals at Chelsea at one of the home fans entrances?

There was a seat where you could sit for a photo of you with the squad and a dressing room scene where you could stand next to the players whilst Ancelotti gave his team talk.

imagine those down the City - you could have your picture taken next to ridsdale as he visits the cash point, or one of you falling asleep with the team during a Dave Jones half time talk, or one where you sit on your arse on the ground next to Jay.

The opportunities are limitless.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:20 pm

With the amount of bare brickwork in our stadium within the concourse area I think it would be fantastic to see the bland walls covered in murals.

Legendary players, FA Cup Finals, Real Madrid match, The Pope at Ninian and many others are all worthy subjects for murals/artwork/graffiti on the walls in the concourse areas.

Could easily be organised as a community initiative or something along those lines to get local artsts some recognition.

The murals look awesome, definitely going to visit there one day!

Ash!!

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm

I GOT TO SAY WHAT A FERKIN MESS...IF SOMEONE PAINTED THAT ON THE SIDE OF MY HOUSE I'D BE ON THE PHONE TO THE COUNCIL STRAIGHT AWAY...COULDNT THOSE LADS ON COMMUNITY SERVICE GIVE THE LOCALS A HELPING HAND AND ALL THAT..

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 pm

I have to say they're not a patch on the Republicans' murals/