Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I AM NOT A FAN OF THERES BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 pm

It can Be done and THEY DESERVE A LOT OF RESPECT and CREDIT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Newport County were Dead and Buried and their Fans started a NEW Football Team AFC Newport.
They started from the Very Bottom of the Leagues, where Teams get 30 Fans watching them.

They are now within Touching Distance of the 5th League, I call Conference .
No Debts now, will make a Profit This Season, get Crowds of 1,400 -2,500 and The Trust own 26% of The Club.

Re: I AM NOT A FAN OF THERES BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Welsh football needs as many clubs playing as high a standard as possible.Whether you hate Newport or Swansea,that`s fine,but we still need them. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:37 pm

i agree

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:37 pm

abf9 wrote:Welsh football needs as many clubs playing as high a standard as possible.Whether you hate Newport or Swansea,that`s fine,but we still need them. :ayatollah:

I agree, I would like to see Wrexham and Newport back in the League.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
abf9 wrote:Welsh football needs as many clubs playing as high a standard as possible.Whether you hate Newport or Swansea,that`s fine,but we still need them. :ayatollah:

I agree, I would like to see Wrexham and Newport back in the League.

Yeah and swansea in the conference south.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:48 pm

my mate is a newport nut, and they regulaly take 300/500+ to away games, that is amazing support for the league they are in.

and yes county hate us with a passion, im from newport i get shit all the time, but every one iv spoken to dont want us to go down the pan, because they have been through it and now how heart breaking it is!

they will cruise to promotion and have the money to do well next year.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 pm

County and Swansea hate us but thats the passion coming out and I have plenty of passion as well. Used to enjoy Cardiff, newport games.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It can Be done and THEY DESERVE A LOT OF RESPECT and CREDIT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Newport County were Dead and Buried and their Fans started a NEW Football Team AFC Newport.
They started from the Very Bottom of the Leagues, where Teams get 30 Fans watching them.

They are now within Touching Distance of the 5th League, I call Conference .
No Debts now, will make a Profit This Season, get Crowds of 1,400 -2,500 and The Trust own 26% of The Club.

good on them cant have been easy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm

It shows their commitment that when they started up they had to play in Moreton- on -Marsh and the fans went up there for the home games.If they did get League football they`d need a new ground,mind, as they play in an athletics stadium with a pitch in the middle.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 pm

they enjoy a scrap too, i was at the county v jacks game in fa cup few years back, newport was a war zone all day an night!

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 pm

I am not a lover of Newport, but you got to give it to them!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am

I've always had time for Newport. I've got a few friends there and their shops saved my Christmas present buying! I've also managed them a lot on Football Manager. Ok, so maybe considering them as Cardiff C (behind Cardiff B aka Merthyr Tydfil) is a bit patronising but I still want them to do well!