Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ARE YOU ALL REALLY REALLY

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Sleepers, must be before my time.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Born South William St down the docks My Mother was also born down the docks . My father was born in Croydon He also worked in the Mountstuart dry docks

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

born in cheltenham to english parents. I'm English. dont tell any one though ;)

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:11 pm

peter from margam wrote:Born South William St down the docks My Mother was also born down the docks . My father was born in Croydon He also worked in the Mountstuart dry docks

What is your Dads name?

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm

rhiwbina bluebird wrote:
peter from margam wrote:Born South William St down the docks My Mother was also born down the docks . My father was born in Croydon He also worked in the Mountstuart dry docks

What is your Dads name?

Dads name Chatterton mothers name Shipton He left the dry Docks 1951

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 pm

peter from margam wrote:
rhiwbina bluebird wrote:

What is your Dads name?

Dads name Chatterton mothers name Shipton He left the dry Docks 1951

Thanks Peter before my time and i am getting on.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

oh come on forever blue your in county territory :lol:

it's like saying if you live in trowbridge your from rumney :lol:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Parents and grandparents and great-grandparents are all Welsh, my father was born in Germany but his parents are Welsh, I was born in Wales

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:28 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:oh come on forever blue your in county territory :lol:

it's like saying if you live in trowbridge your from rumney :lol:

Trowbridge is in Rumney, Born in Rumney myself the Harris Avenue, now living in Llanrumney. Mother From Ely, my father delivered the milk thats all i know.

No Father from Llanishen. Cardiff rooted. Remember before going to the football years ago having battles Rumney agsinst Llanrumney, worse than going to the football. All above might be true or could be made up ?

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Join the club!!! I washed the dishes in the last supper!!! I loved the Docks as my late Mother used to say " There was always someone to help you if you were in the shit"

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Born in Cardigan. Dad from Bangor and mum from Barry. Paternal grandparents from Blaneau Festiniog with maternal grandparents being from Llanarth and Port Talbot. I'm British and then Welsh.

My eldest son was born in Bath and he regards himself as Welsh. Youngest son was born in Salisbury and he says he is Welsh. My daughter also regards herself as welsh-mind you with a name like Bethan Myfanwy Hughes she cant be anything else!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:56 pm

pure welsh on my mums side

bit of irish on my dad's side
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Born ibn the Vale, dragged up in the Vale. I'm Welsh and if anyone disagrees with me they are going to get this :evil: .

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm from the Moon, my best, well only mate, is the Soup Dragon.

Technically I'm an alien but I don't talk about it much as there are many alienists in modern society. I think there's an alienist on here, his name escapes me at this time............ :cry:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 pm

my mum and her parents and grandparents are from riverside,canton and the citycentre.

my old man from ely his parents from the city center.

loads of houses in the citycentre years back.

i regard myself as a proud welshman and cardiff to the bone my whole recent ancestory is less than 4 miles from the cener of the mighty diff.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Born in BMH Rinteln Germany, Great grandparents, grand parents, parents from Holyhead. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 pm

grandmother fathers side was italian and evacuated into britain from facist italy and adopted by a welsh family, and i know that my great great grandfather was a 6ft 7 inch man from scandanavia with long red hair and was a fighting man in merthyr whos son moved to maesteg to work in iron works as a boss!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Welsh ?

I was Born in Roath,Cardiff, My Father was born In Cardiff Docks, My Fathers, Father was Born, Alexandria in Egypt.
My Mother was Born in Bury Lancashire, Her Father and Mother were Born in Bury Lancashire and their Parents were too.

So what am I ?, No jokes Baz :lol:

According to the echo you are a millionaire former football hooligan, so ill have a guess at that. :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:54 am

Apparently on my father's side there are loads of English tossers living around Oxford. It's a dark shameful secert and never gets mentioned much..

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:46 am

jamccfc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:NEVER NEVER :evil: My Boarder starts after Castleton, Ive got A WALL UP.
:lol: i seen the wall its like colditz :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it to keep people out or annis in?

Where do you think Mrs Harry Ramsgate is :lol: :lol:

I pure Welsh parents, grandparents and so on are all Welsh.

100% Welsh me and proud :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 pm

I know so many Welsh people whose family heritage is English and vice versa, it's quite funny.

I was born in Cardiff, as were my brothers. My dad was born in Cardiff as were his two parents. My mother was born in Cefn Forest as was her mother but my mum's father was English. He moved to Wales almost straight away though and never considered himself English. My dad has researched our family tree and it goes back to being mainly English and Scottish.

All I care about is me and my parents though and we're Welsh.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

rhiwbina bluebird wrote:Hi Annis your dads brother worked in the Mountstuart dry docks when i was there 1959-1964.

The mountstuart was run by my Auntie Gwen for years before she went to the Canadian in Roath

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

My Father a ( ahem) jack but he lived in tiger bay from 7 yrs old and my mother born tiger bay. I grew up in Ely (caerau side)

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Born In St Davids Hospital. Lived in Manor way, when it was alot quieter.
Dad Cardiff born,
Mother Manchester born...
Grandparents Manchester born on my mums side - came down here for work.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:29 pm

nik_taff wrote:
rhiwbina bluebird wrote:Hi Annis your dads brother worked in the Mountstuart dry docks when i was there 1959-1964.

The mountstuart was run by my Auntie Gwen for years before she went to the Canadian in Roath

Who said us Welsh are inbred?! :D

Reminds me of a time when my uni mate came to skittles and he said 'skittles is so f*cking inbred' and I said 'no it isn't'. Unfortunately, we were playing a team that evening who had 7 members of the same family playing in their 12 man line up!