Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

it clearly shows what dave jones

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 pm

thinks of warren feeney's ability he'd rather leave a injured player[bothroyd] on the pitch for the final 10 minutes than bring him on.will the guy ever get a sniff i doubt it might aswell leave him go.shame really!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: it clearly shows what dave jones

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Time to get a Warren Feeney fan club banner :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am

yes lets do it its obvious jay is in need of a rest id play feeney against barnsley

feeeeeeeeeeeeeney

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 am

i cannot understand why he wont give him a run? the man hasnt been the chance he should have. :evil:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:07 am

rob wrote:i cannot understand why he wont give him a run? the man hasnt been the chance he should have. :evil:

Around 7 of us who all stand together in the canton were all on about putting feeny on when jay started to tire, also why didnt Jones take off Kennedy swap McNaugton to the left and bring on Adam Matthews.....kennedy had a bit of a shocker IMO.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 am

personally i feel feeney deserves a chance.
but at the end of the day he isnt a championship striker.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:01 am

cefnblue wrote:personally i feel feeney deserves a chance.

I know there's a love-in here regarding Feeney, and he's a nice bloke apparently. Trouble is he is nowhere near Championship standard, and has a very average scoring record - in the lower divisions.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

I know there's a love-in here regarding Feeney, and he's a nice bloke apparently. Trouble is he is nowhere near Championship standard, and has a very average scoring record - in the lower divisions.

That might be true but by some strange quirk of fate he is also an above average International striker :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:05 pm

He's been with city 3 years and has yet to start a game, as said before if DJ isnt prepared to give the lad a chance he should let him move on in search of first team football. Just IMO. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm

How do you know! coming on as a sub with 5 mins to go - hardly gives you the opportunity to show anything!

Have you seen him play in the championship? did ok at The Jacks place.....
I think he does need a shot in the team, especially if Jay is knackered! :?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:

I agree. His goalscoring record isn't great at all. 36 goals in 108 appearances at Bournemouth (decent), 15 goals in 31 games at Stockport (again, decent), 8 goals in 77 games at Luton (below average), 0 goals in 14 games at Cardiff, 5 goals in 10 games at Swansea (decent) and 6 goals in 22 games at Dundee Utd.

His international record isn't great either. 5 goals in 34 appearances.

Saying that, I'd give him a shot because who knows what will happen? Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves. I don't think he'd succeed but I hope I am proved wrong.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:45 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:thinks of warren feeney's ability he'd rather leave a injured player[bothroyd] on the pitch for the final 10 minutes than bring him on.will the guy ever get a sniff i doubt it might aswell leave him go.shame really!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think the majority of fans feel the same way .....

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Merlin wrote:

How do you know! coming on as a sub with 5 mins to go - hardly gives you the opportunity to show anything!

Have you seen him play in the championship? did ok at The Jacks place.....I think he does need a shot in the team, especially if Jay is knackered! :?

they were in league 1 when he was at them. as i said i think he does deserve a chance as i feel everyone deserves a chance.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:46 pm

he`ll score a hat trick soon,mark my words

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 pm

nugent wrote:he`ll score a hat trick soon,mark my words

Not unless he can do it in record breaking time - coming on as a sub with 5-10 mins to go??????

Come on Jones - rest J and get feeney in to start a match - give him is chance. If he can not prove himself against BARNSLEY - then thats his fault at least you give him the opportunity to show what he can do..................