Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I still think "J" shouldnt be on the pitch

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:10 am

or at least not be Captain.
He is light weight, injured, not happy and keeps asking to be taken off, he has the quality to be a top a player but at this moment in time does not seem happy out there ? Just My Opinion

Re: I still think "J" shouldnt be on the pitch

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:26 am

If he's injuried then he should not play but if he can't b bothered then he should stay on the pitch and earn his crust like the rest of us....

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

It woulkd appear that from our style of play, everything evolves around him. His link up play, and presence allow our more lightweight players to contribute.

He is injured and should be rested,so that I certainly agree with you , however we would be a poorer team without him.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:or at least not be Captain.
He is light weight, injured, not happy and keeps asking to be taken off, he has the quality to be a top a player but at this moment in time does not seem happy out there ? Just My Opinion

We have no alternative, he is crucial to our team, he is very frustrating as he has more ability and potential than all the other players. DJ is obviously trying everything in his power to make him into more of a team player by giving him the captaincy, without him at the moment I think we would really struggle, and please dont say feeney could do the job :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 am

i watched him for most of the game last night, he was great! along with burke

jay held up everything, created chances, won balls, fair play to him! he run his socks off and done everything right :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 am

he's a good player but he's a wuss and too lightweight at times , good job he fell over again to win us the penalty . No way captain material tho in my opinion .

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:45 am

Dare I ask who you suggest we play in front of him :roll:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 am

ELY BOY wrote:I think we would be lost without him though. He won almost every header last night and holds the play up well. Not captain material I agree but a valuable player in our team

Totally agree with your statement ELY Boy we would be lost without his presence :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 am

Can't help but feel you just think now that Feeney deserves a start.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:10 am

Unfortunately he has no competition for his spot and he knows it, he's also intrinsically a VERY lazy player, watch the amount of games he turns to DJ asking to be subbed and, as for being captain that is DJ having a laugh and trying to buy him off I guess, Marshall would perhaps be a good shout to be given the band , although at the moment he seems to have lost his voice but he needs to get vocal once again and that would probably do the trick plus he is best placed to see how shapeless the formation is and get it sorted

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 am

jay looks badly injured and very unfit

he still chases down everything, goes up for every header, and goes in for every challenge

the man is our best player and right now deserves all the praise he can get

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 am

You're desperate to get Feeney in the team aren't you Annis! :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:58 am

I can see Jones's thinking behind initially giving him the captaincy. Give him responsibility and watch him get more involved in the game because he has to. It hasn't worked though and I'd much rather Chopra, Gerrard or Gyepes had the captaincy.

Bothroyd was looking for any excuse to come off last night and it seems a confidence thing with his hamstring. Nothing is wrong though because if it was he wouldn't be able to jump so high.

I would seriously consider resting him though because he's not 100%. Don't know what it is. I'd move us into a 4-4-1-1 with McCormack playing behind Chopra. Get our passing and moving back on the deck. We've seemed to have lost that since McPhail has been out.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm

I think Jay is a top player but due to his high workrate last night he tired towards the end. Feeney should have replaced him with 15-20 mins to go. Id start Jay every game but whenever he feigns injury hes either not in the mood or tired and should be replaced at that time. For some reason DJ wont do it. It will be interesting to see if he does it when Kelvins back

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Even playing at 60% he is better than most of the rest, watching him at Chelsea, he looked like a premiership player, where the rest didn't.
He looks injured to me, but still we have nobody else better.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Ben wrote:i watched him for most of the game last night, he was great! along with burke

jay held up everything, created chances, won balls, fair play to him! he run his socks off and done everything right :lol:

you didnt mention when he gave away a free kick for diving

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm

IMO without him we seem to be a poorer team but if hes carrying a injury surely it would make sense to give a chance to feeney against barnsley and give bothroyd a rest for him to be frsh for more imprtant games coming upagainst teams that are in and around us.surely we can beat barnsley without jay!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 pm

if giving him the armband makes him play as well as he did last night man of the match easily make him captain every game

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Great to See so many different Opinions without turning on each other :ayatollah:

But Yes I do agree he is a Quality player and we need him, but He isnt a leader in my opinion and Lately he doesnt want to be out there, he keeps telling DJ he is injured. He is more concerned about his limps than be a Captain.
As Alex mentioned, Yes I do believe Feeney should have a RUN of games as no one on here can comment till he has played 3 or for games,OR JUST LET HIM GO ONCE and FOR ALL DJ.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great to See so many different Opinions without turning on each other :ayatollah:

But Yes I do agree he is a Quality player and we need him, but He isnt a leader in my opinion and Lately he doesnt want to be out there, he keeps telling DJ he is injured. He is more concerned about his limps than be a Captain.
As Alex mentioned, Yes I do believe Feeney should have a RUN of games as no one on here can comment till he has played 3 or for games,OR JUST LET HIM GO ONCE and FOR ALL DJ.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: friendly forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:51 pm

In the second half I sat in the row behind the WBA dug out.These seats always seem to be empty.Maybe because in the bad weather it gets rather wet.
When JB pulled up with his hamstring in the second half DJ turned his back on him and said "leave him on".
Perhaps if Etutu ever gets back JB might get a breather.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:19 pm

The reason why he plays for us is because if he had a bit more go in him and Guts to go with his Skill, he would be now still in the Premier.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

I love him and hate him on times. He goes down to easy for my liking and is always moaning but then he has games where he has really slick skills and runs his arse off, it depends on whether he can be bothered or not. He seems to turn up for big games but cant be bothered for shitty games against the smaller clubs and they are the games we been f*cking up on. But still he would be very missed if not in the team, he needs some competition for that spot, he definately not captain material. And i dont know who i would make captain, maybe Kev McNaughton, one of our best players.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:18 pm

If Jay is injured, and if playing him means we risk losing him for a couple of weeks or more, then he has to be rested.

On the other hand if his injury is not that severe and he can give us 60-70 minutes he should play every time.

We look a totally different team without him.

He gives us options with his aerial presence and his ability to hold the ball up, he also has a decent turn of pace for a big guy.

A mate of mine is a West Brom fan who was at the game last night.

He was well impressed with Jay and commented on what a handful he was.

As I said if we can get 60-70 minutes out of him without any long term risk then he should carry on playing, but we need to replace him when he tires or looks disinterested and give the likes of McCormack and Feeney a go, as they must be wondering what they’ve got to do to get on the pitch.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:20 pm

I THINK I SHOULD BE ON THE PITCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
HE PLAYS ON THE LEFT, HE PLAYS ON THE RIGHTTT THAT BOY JORDAAAAAAN MAKES RONALDO LOOK SHITE!