Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Something I heard last night.........

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 am

The club are waiting until we get 60+ points and then put us into administration.

Just a rumour but could we put it past them?.

:roll:

:evil:

BLUEBIRDS!.

Re: Something I heard last night.........

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 am

Go for it I say :lol:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

Joff wrote:Go for it I say :lol:

Well I can see the that a points tally of 60+ points would mean possible survival in this division after a 10 point deduction going into admin would impose.

Sounds viable but this is Cardiff City Football Club afterall and is still hard to swollow. :(

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 am

Great idea but wouldn't that be a bit daft AFTER paying the HMRC £2.6m?

Also what happens if we are still in the top six with a realistic chance of the play-offs? Would we really throw that away?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Great idea but wouldn't that be a bit daft AFTER paying the HMRC £2.6m?

Also what happens if we are still in the top six with a realistic chance of the play-offs? Would we really throw that away?

Exactly - risking promotion with a promise of nearly £45m worth of revenue - will almost certainly see this club ok - even if we come straight back down - then we can start a fresh challenge again almost debt free?

I don't see the point in Admin. at this stage with the amount of money people are standing to lose - i don't see them allowing that to happen.

All we can do is keep grinding out results on the pitch and take it from there.
Lets try and get another BIG crowd on staurday to show our support. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 am

Merlin wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Great idea but wouldn't that be a bit daft AFTER paying the HMRC £2.6m?

Exactly - risking promotion with a promise of nearly £45m worth of revenue - will almost certainly see this club ok - even if we come straight back down - then we can start a fresh challenge again almost debt free?

I don't see the point in Admin. at this stage with the amount of money people are standing to lose - i don't see them allowing that to happen.

Merlin I agree 100% but what really pisses me off about the whole situation is that, seeing we are in such a good position for a push to the premiership and the rewards that would bring, why oh why did we not sort this tax issue sooner and sign some more friggin players to cement our push in January. A little investment there would certainly have helped the cause and freshened things up and improved our chances of the windfall you spoke of.
Everyone would benefit.
Some of the boys last night looked dead on their feet and we still got alot of games to come.

I agree we need to support the boys 100% but you can only flog a dead horse so much.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 am

Bluebandit wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Merlin I agree 100% but what really pisses me off about the whole situation is that, seeing we are in such a good position for a push to the premiership and the rewards that would bring, why oh why did we not sort this tax issue sooner and sign some more friggin players to cement our push in January. A little investment there would certainly have helped the cause and freshened things up and improved our chances of the windfall you spoke of.
Everyone would benefit.
Some of the boys last night looked dead on their feet and we still got alot of games to come.

I agree we need to support the boys 100% but you can only flog a dead horse so much.

The simple answer to this is that Ridsdale preferred to spend the clubs money elsewhere, instead of to important creditors. Therefore we just didnt have the money to do anything else apart from paying wages, bonuses, and other minority creditors. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO ONE MAN DOESN'T IT ?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Bluebandit wrote:Merlin I agree 100% but what really pisses me off about the whole situation is that, seeing we are in such a good position for a push to the premiership and the rewards that would bring, why oh why did we not sort this tax issue sooner and sign some more friggin players to cement our push in January. A little investment there would certainly have helped the cause and freshened things up and improved our chances of the windfall you spoke of.
Everyone would benefit.

The blunt answer is we were NEVER in a position to invest in the team. The whole Golden Ticket scam was brought about for 2 reasons

1. To pay the Taxman

2. Provide an excuse for PMG to strip the final land asset we had.

At no point was there ever any intention to invest in the playing side of the team, we simply never had the means to do so.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebandit wrote:Merlin I agree 100% but what really pisses me off about the whole situation is that, seeing we are in such a good position for a push to the premiership and the rewards that would bring, why oh why did we not sort this tax issue sooner and sign some more friggin players to cement our push in January. A little investment there would certainly have helped the cause and freshened things up and improved our chances of the windfall you spoke of.
Everyone would benefit.

The blunt answer is we were NEVER in a position to invest in the team. The whole Golden Ticket scam was brought about for 2 reasons

1. To pay the Taxman

2. Provide an excuse for PMG to strip the final land asset we had.

At no point was there ever any intention to invest in the playing side of the team, we simply never had the means to do so.

Agreed.

Too many blood suckin bastards, liars, cheats, incompetents, crooks, scammers, without concience, greedy, wrong shaped ball followers in charge ( feel free to add more)!.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Why would the club go into administration, PMG, Ridsdale, Langston would only get a small proportion of the money owed, so who in their right minds are going to volutarily agree to that. The way I see it, its only the "external creditors" ie HMRC who could and would do it do it.
Alternatively I suppose a behind the scenes deal with the malays could be done by Guy and Riddler just to ensure Sam gets a paltry amount, the Malays get a cheap club and pete and guy get an off the books backhander, but I doubt this.